What's new

Poland September 2018

peep

CF Legend
Wednesday 19th

The day after getting back to London from the UAE it was back on a plane and over to Krakow. We got to our Air Bnb pretty late at night so we didn't really get to see anything until the next day. The place was kinda perfect, short walk from the train station and the town centre.

Thursday 20th

This was our main culture day and I didn't take my camera with me due to not wanting to faff with it on our journey. We had a big tour group thing booked to see Auschwitz and the Salt Mines. It conveniently picked us up right outside our apartment and took us to around for the day. It was interesting seeing Auschwitz but they really try and cram as many people through as possible which made it all feel a bit rushed, didn't leave much time to really soak in what you were seeing. Our tour guide was fab though and just knew everything there was to know.

The salt mines were FAB! One of my favourite tours I've been on, the guide was hilarious and really friendly. The actual mines were far more interesting than it sounds, one of the later rooms I audibly went "wow". I highly recommend taking this tour, just a great experience.

We got back to the city centre fairly late so I grabbed my camera, we took a gander around and had some dinner. This city is amazing, we both fell in love with the place. I actually look forward to returning in 2020. Some pics.

plyqZj7Xj

pohyBiuwj

pogKY51Jj

pmJabwMoj

pm81InUHj

pnj1iPcfj

pmosuc1Uj

plq2hDicj

Friday 21st

After grabbing some breakfast at a bakery we got an uber out to Energylandia. There is a bus service but only on weekends and busy summer days, this was neither of those annoyingly. Our driver was actually really fab though and gave us a few bits of info about the places we passed on the way. He gave us a card and we arranged for him to pick us up at the end of the day. It was funny how far away from the park you can spot Hyperion just peering over the trees.

pmAwdyGIj

The park theme tunes playing at the entrance were super cheesy and amazing. Annoyingly our groupon ticket had a weird thing so we had to get it sorted but it meant we got free CDs!

pndyMBpuj

The park was rammed and we arrived much later than planned so we just hit up the rides as we got to them. First up was the annoying SBF spinner which had a silly queue. There were a couple of mascots hanging around which looked like they were cooking alive in the sun - it was super hot out.

pneoIQ0Aj

The water coaster had a ludicrous queue so we headed to the back of the park for the next gen Vekomas. I prayed it didn't spite later in the day.

poFmy0haj

Our first newkoma was the family suspended coaster, Dragon roller coaster. The theming has a bit of a cheap look to it but it's nice they put the effort in. The big dragon head you go through is fab though.

po14Nd46j

plVrmRZbj

plyMGdQdj

pnSpDIVRj

Don't think I've seen this on a lift hill evac staircase before?

The coaster is fab, really fast and very smooth - a totally different experience to the one in Warner Bros. Yay for newkoma!

Next up was Formula the launched newkoma, I have been really excited for this since 2016.

plZ0JU1Cj

This coaster makes me so happy, the launch might not be that amazing compared to others but the ride is so smooth, twisty and the restraints actually stretch so they'r comfortable throughout the ride. Next up was Mayan, the SLC. Could Vekoma actually be on a roll and make another ridable SLC (the other being Walibi Belgium)?

pnOyuHhej

pnEgtRWmj

pn7sexSNj

Yes! They did it, the restraints were comfortable, it was smooth and the speed felt more ridiculous. If it didn't have a silly queue we would have gone around again.

Next up was the spinning coaster from hell, cooked up by some crazed idiot. The over the shoulder restraints felt unnecessary and it jolted about like there was no tomorrow. Very painful and stupid experience.

poNmVdOAj

pnFg12Umj

pllt9pPFj

pm4HbhVzj

We didn't ride but there is a top spin hidden within these walls and I thought it was strange that it was very hard to know that before going through the turnstiles.

pmU2sFkEj

It's in a really fab little Swiss-themed street though.

pmGsI8qbj

plzluQkAj

Next was the Vekoma family boomerang. The theming on this was cute.

pleJhXOWj

poqfJG5Yj

pl9tWMfAj

Next up was the Vekoma family coaster, Energus. It has a cute theme based on their mascot character, it's a fairly standard family coaster.

pm6X3buUj

plkquMIIj

pmx9zndij

We then went to grab a quick bite to eat. We settled for some pizza slices and they were actually pretty good! Next up was the very standard big apple, Frutti Loop. Not much to say here but +1.

plKn4QHjj

pnMTgxaVj

pmkfDdnwj

It was then finally time to join the queue for Hyperion. I don't understand the queueline, it's a bit ridiculous. Massive ramp up and then a huge outdoor staircase back down and into the unorganised mess where the queue splits into 3 (front, single riders and the rest of the train). I had a feeling front would be amazing but the additional wait didn't feel worth it. So we opted to try and get the back. We lucked out and got to the turnstiles for the start of the next auto-batch so we managed to get a back row.

poxEmNBKj

posFrt9Dj

po9UwS14j

poUZaTgsj

pobe13rmj

It was brilliant, the speed throughout is excellent and the fast turns were exciting. The little bunny hop after the first air time hill was a bit underwhelming though. Really fun coaster though, would happily sit on that for ages.

pmB94dZgj

Most of the coasters done now and with only a few hours left it was time for us to join the still lengthy queue for Speed, the Intamin water coaster. The one at Mirabilandia has spited me so I was excited to finally ride one. It was fun, that type of lift is always a novel experience on coasters and it wasn't too wet - although I think we got lucky, certainly a few peeps came off very wet.

plFh5Lttj

poiT1qrwj

Our last cred of the day was Mars, a weird family coaster from SBF. The thing was covered in those cheap looking models. It amused me though.

poEUBNBJj

plFFeJrHj

pnQuQADCj

pldPavNgj

casual getting around copyright infringement

We nearly did the ride that hides in this building but the ride poster made it sound like a spin and spew - not our cup of tea. I later discovered via the park's Top Trumps that it's a small dark ride. Dammit! Hopefully it's still there in 2020.

pnybLjjRj

With a bit more time left on our hands than expected we took a small break with a ride on the teacups in the Swiss area.

pllIBTryj

That ride was long, so if you are looking for a relaxing break from the creds then perfect. Not a lot to look at as you meander around.

We then had another ride on Formula which was still fab.

poGSCwBrj

poGxsvXtj

pmo62Y1gj

pmpRJCNrj

po7FvSaWj

It was then back over to Hyperion for one last ride, the perfect way to end our day in the park.

pnAnfboRj

pnojYNOaj

pmNdFJTdj

plJyj2aZj

While we waited for our driver to come pick us up I went and took all of the photos of Hyperion from the car park.

pm4f8YSKj

plm24x9Hj

pnPvGMAAj

pmlayHBzj

pmREYiexj

pn35MhUtj

pnfwHET9j

pmcZ11l7j

pmGk57AIj

podypVhzj

plhwAvjpj

I actually really enjoyed my day at Energylandia, I wish the queues weren't quite so long so I could have relaxed a bit more. There's a lot of rubbish in there and there's not much of a cohesiveness in terms of theming and things but hopefully that's something they address over time. It's still insane how much they've built in such a small amount of time and it looks like it's working. Despite the queues the staff were actually amazing, very quick and just on the ball. I look forward to returning for the RMC in 2020.

poHxZ0ckj

In the evening we ate at Hard Rock like the tourists that we are. It was a bit rubbish really, very cramped and not that enjoyable.

Thanks for reading. I'll have the other two days up soon.

davidm

Strata Poster
Ahh Peep's "I wanted to go on the CF-Live but went a day early so that I didn't have to suffer all the goons" trip. :)
From your description it sounds much busier on the Friday than it was on the Saturday, we had Qs for sure but doesn't sound as bad as you had.
Didn't miss anything with the crappy dark ride though, it was crap. :)

peep

CF Legend
Didn't miss anything with the crappy dark ride though, it was crap. :)

Ha, not even so bad its good?

I did plan on attending the Live but because people faffed with organising the Live, we couldn't shift things around to meet up with everyone. Oh well.

davidm

Strata Poster
Dark ride was sort of full of similar style models as that Mars coaster (like they got a job lot at some point). The shooting was rubbish and there was no score until a TV screen at the end. Just poor....

...but something to look forward too when we go back in 2020, 2022, 2024...

peep

CF Legend
Saturday 22nd

Planning to get to Legendia via public transport from Krakow was a bit of a nightmare. Felt like every time we looked it up we got a different route that would be more awkward/expensive. Turns out it's just due to the trains between Krakow and Katowice are just rare? In the end we settled for a Flixbus coach which took like an hour and didn't cost much. From the city centre it was a few minutes on a tram, I didn't realise how close to the centre it was beforehand. The fairly new entrance looks really nice and seems to be a good sign of things to come in this parks future.

poLEgm3lj

The first cred of the day was Scary Toys Factory which might be one of the most ridiculous coaster names ever. Considering it was just a typical Zyklon it was pretty smooth and fun. Doesn't mean I understand it's unusual theming.

pmQMHNUTj

pou46HIej

plZrZdLyj

It was then the fairly long walk around the lake to get to Lech. Seeing Tornado down while they re-theme the area for next year was a bit sad but at least it's sticking around for next time. I found it interesting that a few buildings in this area had already received their new theming, looks like it's a spooky town or something, should be pretty fab when finished.

pnYvHn9wj

pozvfysBj

poqMr9euj

pmCft6Bfj

Another exciting development to look forward to

Lech coaster has always looked impressive but seeing it in person was exciting. I love how twisty and interactive it is with the area.

poFcO7CXj

po1PJa8Dj

po6GX49Vj

plOWeCJgj

In front of us were some German goons who stopped to read this plaque from the German enthusiast group - FKF.

pohoq5xhj

The pre-show was having a technical issue so we headed straight onto the coaster. Have to say the station is fab and the seats are comfortable. The ride ops were being pretty relaxed about checking restraints etc but there weren't many people in the park. We took one ride at the back and then us and the Germans swapped around for another go straight away. Was like a tiny ERT sesh.

pnKO1zjoj

pmkQx8ERj

pn6gGWIjj

po2BwP0Kj

I love it, it's very fun and extremely intense on that turn after the first inversion. The pacing goes a bit off towards the end but overall I was loving all the smooth twisty transitions and the way it flowed. Reminded me of something I'd put together in Planet Coaster.

We decided to check out the rest of the park and then get some more re-rides in later. I love the ridiculousness of the theming on this flat ride called Dragon Wrestling Tournament. It's so random and amazing.

pnR1Vjcfj

pnLXJeGpj

We stopped to do this tiny little flat ride called water pump which had some decent air time but took forever to stop. Strange little ride.

pnu9kOUAj

It was next to the water ride, I didn't feel like getting wet as the weather was a bit more murky. Patrick decided to give it a go. I saw him go up the first lift hill and then the boat just seemed to disappear for ages, probably a good 5-10 minutes before coming down the main drop.

plDuGVI0j

pmCkU3qkj

pl1ySCXFj

We then headed over to the last coaster the park had to offer, Dream Hunters Society. Another Zyklon but this one had a minimum 3 peeps rule. Patrick and I had to squeeze into the same row which was an uncomfortable experience and then the actual ride was jolty and horrible. We were glad when it was time to exit. Also, yet another bizarre theme.

pnRnLj7Oj

We had seen most of the park quicker than expected so we slowed it down a bit by taking a ride on the ferris wheel.

pohUiyXNj

pozHgEVLj

It was then time to check out the new Alterface dark ride, Bazyliszek. Despite most of the exterior still looking like a big metal shed the theming inside was pretty fab. The queueline had a lot of details and looked great. The loading area was really nicely done and made things quite efficient for staff. I really enjoyed the ride experience too, the mixed use of practical things to shoot at and screen based portions worked well and all the theming was top notch. With Lech and now this the park clearly know what they're doing and I'm quite excited to see what the future brings.

pnANwvXjj

pnnvvXO9j

porYK0dxj

poDmmmHvj

On our way to find some lunch we found a tent which had loads of pumpkins ready for Halloween.

pnNVz15Bj

After a nice lunch in the entrance area cafe we queued for the vintage car ride (probably the longest we waited for anything this day). It's cute.

pmta8y1Dj

It was then back to Lech where we got a further 4 rides in. The pre-show was working now so we also stopped to watch that, it was alright, especially for a park of this scale. We easily could have got more rides in but it was getting pretty intense to keep going round.

plrF3Mcyj

pnglCgb8j

pl4i87F8j

pmur3xLDj

pmKmgNbzj

We then walked over to their old school plane ride called Dream Flight Airlines. It's like the one at blackpool but much bigger, I think each plane sat like 10 people. It took forever to get going, felt like we were going at carousel speeds for ages before we moved outwards. The ride cycle was very long and I was super dizzy by the end.

pnRUDLlwj

pmWGrNrbj

After another ride on the great new dark ride it was time to head back into town for the bus. We explored the entrance area a little before leaving and we found a random exhibition on large mountains and mountain climbing gear. Very odd.

poJGgwTYj

I really liked this city park, it's a bit sparse in areas and there's not the biggest ride selection but it's nice and the improvements they've made within just a few years is quite amazing. Anyone know what type of water ride they're getting for next year? Those posters were the first I'd heard of it.

We walked back into the town as we had some time to kill before our coach back to Krakow. We had another nice evening in Krakow where we went for another walk around the city centre and had an incredible meal just off the main square.

pnOQoGirj

pnt9kTgpj

pnFPbVvGj

plb85KJGj

po8gwYyQj

Sunday 23rd

Another day of tourist things in the city. We spent a few hours in the museum underneath the main square. It was interesting, they'd done a huge archaeological dig in the square to find the foundations/ruins of older buildings of the marketplace and then turned them into a museum showcasing the history of the city and then re-paving the whole square (biggest in the World apparently) over the top. There were some interesting bits throughout but a lot of it was maybe a bit too in-depth (I really don't need to see 20 massive samples of old medieval era streets with great detailed explanations of each layer). I'd still recommend checking it out though as it's different and it's a great use of space.

We had to leave to get to the airport about 3pm so that took up most of our day, it was still nice to have a slower paced day compared to our usual rushing around.

Well I loved our little trip to Poland and I'm very excited about returning in a few years.

Thanks for reading!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
That damn water ride takes for bloody ever. It's so slow and laborious, and even the lifts take ages. When I was there (and the weather was only a bit warmer), it attracted quite a long queue too!

Don't think the water ride for 2020 has been revealed yet, but it seems to take up quite a large space. I'd love for it to be a rapids or more traditional log flume, as they're both rodes that would fit into this park and its expansion, but I'm not sure how suitable that site is for either of those rides.

From the lack of mention in your report, I'm guessing you didn't do Dragon Riders, the rolling spinning flat ride thing? With that, Lech, Wrestling Tournament, etc, it's almost like the park want you to spew whilst you're visiting!

peep

CF Legend
Don't think the water ride for 2020 has been revealed yet, but it seems to take up quite a large space. I'd love for it to be a rapids or more traditional log flume, as they're both rodes that would fit into this park and its expansion, but I'm not sure how suitable that site is for either of those rides.

Yeah, at first it looked like a big plot but the more I looked at it and then thought about the usual size for rapids etc I'm not so sure it's big enough for something like a traditional rapids? Who knows but I'm very interested to see what they have planned.

From the lack of mention in your report, I'm guessing you didn't do Dragon Riders, the rolling spinning flat ride thing? With that, Lech, Wrestling Tournament, etc, it's almost like the park want you to spew whilst you're visiting!

Ha no, neither of us are fans of spin 'n' spews or most flat rides really, so we took one look at it and skipped. It's good to see a park with a different selection of flat rides though.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Great trip report! Can't wait to get to Poland myself one day for these parks.

I've read a few comments on YouTube that supposedly Legendia's 2020 addition is a Hafema Rapids? Not quite sure where that rumour comes from but should be interesting if true.

peep

CF Legend
I've read a few comments on YouTube that supposedly Legendia's 2020 addition is a Hafema Rapids? Not quite sure where that rumour comes from but should be interesting if true.

That could be fab! Hafema have some great rapids in their portfolio.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Don't think I've seen this on a lift hill evac staircase before?
Had a look at the POV, and it looks like it's due to a very near miss of the track below. Nice!

Looks like a great day in the park! Good report. :)