What's new

Plymouth Farms--A Patriot Amusements Park

What should the next major flat ride be?

• Intamin Giant Drop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windseeker

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Screamin' Swing

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • HUSS Giant Frisbee

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Just to get some ideas for the new park. Rant and rave on what needs improvement from my older parks. If you haven't seen my work, take a look at the older threads and tell me what you think of my stuff. I would love to hear all of your opinions. Also, I will be running a poll for the park's first coaster/major flat ride soon. Please vote in that poll. Also, tell me what you would like to see as far as themed sections, initial flat rides, etc. I will begin making the park as soon as I am done with the entrance to the collab park. After that, updates will continue at a somewhat regular basis. Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Park Info

Plymouth Farms is a Patriot Amusements park located near Plymouth, Massachusetts on Cape Cod. We hope to offer the most thrilling park in New England. Our current lineup includes a great collection of family and thrill rides. Look here first for all info on new attractions, general park news, and anything else that might need posted. There will almost always be polls running for our next major attractions, so make sure to vote in those. The coaster list will be added to this post as we add more. Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RIDE LIST

Coasters
-Hurricane (GCI woodie)
-Unnamed SLC

Major Flats
-Paratrooper (Parachute Drop)
-Unnamed Mondial Windseeker

Minor Flats
-Carousel
-Reese's PB Cups
-Ferris Wheel

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Re: Unnamed Patriot Amusements Park

I would say an Intamin drop tower, as they look very pleasing to the eye and drop towers always look amazing on a skyline view.

gopats1479

Mega Poster

The only problem that I have had with them is that they disappear as you zoom out. BTW, I will be using the Revolutionary Rides version of the drop tower.

gopats1479

Mega Poster

A storm is brewing at Plymouth Farms...

Stay tuned for more info on our brand new attraction!

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Our new coaster makes landfall tomorrow. So excited to show you guys our new project!

NOTE: The coaster is not one of the choices in the poll. This is for scw55's mini monster contest.

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Landfall has just occurred at Plymouth Farms. Our new attraction, HURRICANE, opens today! It is a GCI woodie that packs quite a punch! Here's some stats for you:
Top speed: 40.9 mph
Length: 2541 ft
Max positive G's: 2.89 g
Max negative G's: -1.12 g
Airtime: 0:17
Drop: 58 ft

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPJSyTlnDB0&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Enjoy!

gopats1479

Mega Poster
We are almost ready to announce our next attraction for you. So excited to unveil it next week!

In other news, we have two more items of noteworthiness:
1) We will be reopening our other parks to expand our business horizons. They will be reopened after the next wave of attractions is done at Plymouth Farms. New attractions are to come this weekend, including a new coaster at one of our parks!
2) We will be performing a makeover of Hurricane soon. This is to make it slightly more intense and a more immersive experience. That makeover will occur in the coming weeks or months.

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Hey, just wanted to give all of you an update on what's going on at Plymouth Farms:
1) The Hurricane refurb will happen, but it's not even close to next on the schedule. Look out for a possible CT...
2) A custom SLC is in the works, any layout/theme suggestions will be considered
3) I will run a new poll. Make sure to vote!
4) Some small flats will be added to possibly form a kiddie are soon. Any suggestions are welcome
Hope this gives a little glimpse into what's happening. Please give any feedback. Sorry for not getting any screens up yet. If I build it, they will come!

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Slight change with the Hurricane Refurb (and an update on the SLC):
-The refurb has already started with the station building. I found out that I have some of Vohdin's Vermont sets, and they really fit in with the theme I was trying to make, so they are making up the new station. Also, no CT (as I don't expect Krypt's NTG CT to be done anytime soon) will be used. Safari's track specific wooden supports will be when they are released.
-The SLC layout is the Standard + Helix. I found a CT that worked for it that I like. I still need some theme suggestions or color schemes, as IMO boring, unthemed coasters look somewhat bland if not properly done.
Hope this gives a slight update to what has been going on. Also, at this point, I will begin putting the rides list on the first post of this thread. If you want to see any unmentioned small flats, check there.

Edit: One last item--we will not be having the public choose our minor flats because that is much too tedious for our park at this time.

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Hey, just noticed that more of you voted in my polls. THANK YOU!!!!! We need your votes to decide on our major attractions, and we really can't build any if there's less than 4 voters, so this makes a world of difference.

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Please note: no matter what happens with my entry in BBH's comp, the SLC will be finished completely with scenery and supports before Thanksgiving.

Also, we are going to try to go ahead with a new themed section for it: Adventureland. The section will be in two parts: one will be a pirate fortress, the other will be a more primitive area with a lot of vegetation. The buildings will be constructed using mostly in-game scenery sets. Don't quote me on this, but the SLC will probably be going in the pirate section with the major flat going in the rainforest section. Just to kinda unveil our plans for the next month or so of real time. These expansions will open with the SLC around Thanksgiving.

EDIT: (cue JAWS theme)
Shot0003.jpg

Found this guy while taking a slight construction break from our refurbishment of Hurricane. Publicity stunt? No, just a random occurrence.

gopats1479

Mega Poster
No. But if that's what you want it to be then that's what it can be to you :)

It's actually supposed to be a New England-style building that houses Hurricane's station. I wasn't quite done with the refurb when I took the pic. That's why you see the missing path covers right outside of the entrance.

gopats1479

Mega Poster
So, like most of my parks, the plans change constantly for Plymouth. Here's our latest items of business:
1) We will be changing our name to Plymouth Plantation Amusement Park to make it more identifiable with the rest of the country.
2) The theming plans have changed. The SLC will still be themed, but the surrounding area will not be. The theme for the SLC also could be changed.
3) We are ending the poll for the next major flat. Congrats to those who love Windseekers, because that is the top vote-getter in the poll this time around. A new poll will be up in the next week, so be sure to vote in that one.
4) Our merry-go-round will be replaced with a CFR version that was recently released for aesthetics. The location will remain the same.
Hope this gives some more insight into our plans for the near-future. Thanks for being patient with my constantly changing mind :)