What's new

Plopsaland de Panne | The Ride to Happiness | Mack Xtreme Spinning Coaster | 2021

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Looopings are reporting that Plopsaland are considering introducing a Mack Xtreme Spinning Coaster, perhaps for 2022: https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/11992/Plopsaland-heeft-plannen-voor-extreme-nieuwe-achtbaan.html

The park are planning on opening the finished version of Dino Splash (rethemed log flume) and a hotel next year, and a new kids area with kiddie cred and dark ride in 2021. But with Belgian parks investing heavily and being very competitive lately, the park seem to want to focus on introducing more thrill rides too, to complement Anubis and family-thrill Heidi.

Certainly would be great to see one of these in Europe, and would be a fantastic and diverse addition to the park. I'm not entirely sure it's what the park should be going for (they could do with a bigger dark ride and a decent rapids ride before investing in another coaster imo), but still good to see some really solid investment nonetheless. Hopefully it does happen!

Last edited:
Looopings are reporting that Plopsaland are considering introducing a Mack Xtreme Spinning Coaster, perhaps for 2022: https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/11992/Plopsaland-heeft-plannen-voor-extreme-nieuwe-achtbaan.html

The park are planning on opening the finished version of Dino Splash (rethemed log flume) and a hotel next year, and a new kids area with kiddie cred and dark ride in 2021. But with Belgian parks investing heavily and being very competitive lately, the park seem to want to focus on introducing more thrill rides too, to complement Anubis and family-thrill Heidi.

Certainly would be great to see one of these in Europe, and would be a fantastic and diverse addition to the park. I'm not entirely sure it's what the park should be going for (they could do with a bigger dark ride and a decent rapids ride before investing in another coaster imo), but still good to see some really solid investment nonetheless. Hopefully it does happen!
Ooh, I'd love to see this happen!

Us3rmane

Mega Poster
It may happen or no. With this information we know that the director of Plopsa is doing a sort of tour in the US to check some rides. But seeing him inspecting Time Traveler is not a confirmation of Plopsaland getting one. He's maybe just looking at how the new Mack Rides spinner works or how a recent Mack coaster works in general. We don't know but he also maybe inspected the local RMC and B&M as well as other flat rides too.

It's pretty usual for theme parks directors to do this some exemples I have (sorry their all French) is Mr. Fleurent going to Plopsaland to test with his family Anubis before buying the ElLoco or the Gelis Family testing Lynet and Piraten during the planning of Alpina Blitz and the list can go for ever with every theme parks.

A thing to also put here but if I remember Steve Van den Kerkhof is not the director of Plopsaland but the CEO of the Plopsa Group so maybe he's looking at Time Traveler so it can be added to one of the parks of the Plopsa Group, so Plopsaland, Majaland Kownaty or Holiday Park (since this one is getting a expansion plan for the next few year).

Last hypothesis: He's just with his family, chilling and having a nice theme park trip holiday in the US :)

peep

CF Legend
Excited if this does happen but no idea where they have the space for something like this.

@Us3rmane makes some excellent points too. Holiday park would certiainly make more sense. I suppose time will tell with this one but the ride type would be a good choice for the Plopsa group.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
This still isn't officially confirmed; just strongly rumoured.

I believe it's likely it will happen, but I don't think we should get too ahead of ourselves just yet.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
This still isn't officially confirmed; just strongly rumoured.

I believe it's likely it will happen, but I don't think we should get too ahead of ourselves just yet.

Oops, missed the official announcement. It's here:

They've pushed back the Bumba the Clown area, which was at one point planned for 2020 and was to include a kiddie cred.

Means that 2021 will be a huge coaster year for Belgium with this and Walibi's one. Wonder if Bobbejaanland will get on the hype?

I just thought as well, where does everyone think this'll be located?

My best guess is this:
IMG_20190812_214058.jpg
Probably not... ? If it was then we'd see the removal of the family coaster by now

peep

CF Legend
Probably not... ? If it was then we'd see the removal of the family coaster by now

Considering they re-themed that family coaster this year. Definitely not.

That wooded area though. Hmm, its certainly a good chunk of land but there could be a reason they haven't touched that already.

I also don't know where the Bumba area is going but as it's indoors I imagine it'll be going near the park entrance to add to that all-year hub. So maybe on that wooded area?

They also announced a camping ground, I wonder if they managed to buy the land behind the park and are sticking it there?

ward0210

Roller Poster
The bumba area is going in the yellow zone and the camping is coming near the end of the park. Plopsa bought an old camping over there and in 2023 they are going to build a new themed one over there!

Attachments

• 939DFAB0-47EE-495C-B9C5-5D4EE7183527.jpeg
    939DFAB0-47EE-495C-B9C5-5D4EE7183527.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 71
Considering they re-themed that family coaster this year. Definitely not.

That wooded area though. Hmm, its certainly a good chunk of land but there could be a reason they haven't touched that already.

I also don't know where the Bumba area is going but as it's indoors I imagine it'll be going near the park entrance to add to that all-year hub. So maybe on that wooded area?

They also announced a camping ground, I wonder if they managed to buy the land behind the park and are sticking it there?
Yh definitely. Also, that wooded are is perfect (was Vleermuis there before?) Plus, Squid Surfer will probs get relocated

peep

CF Legend
The bumba area is going in the yellow zone and the camping is coming near the end of the park. Plopsa bought an old camping over there and in 2023 they are going to build a new themed one over there!

Ah! That makes lots of sense, thanks for the info!

Also, that wooded are is perfect (was Vleermuis there before?)

Vleermuis was next to it, on the image ward0210 posted it was kinda where the little patch of trees between the Heidi/train track and the plop area is.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Don't see the point of creating a new thread for this:

300919circusbumba1.jpg

Plans for the Bumba land, which appears to now be delayed to 2022, have surfaced. In the top right you can see a new dark ride, though it's unknown what it is yet. There's also a couple of kiddie rides and a 444 seat theatre. Originally this was meant to include a kiddie cred too but it's not on the plans, so it's possible that's been scrapped.

Source - https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/13005/Bouwplannen-opgedoken-voor-nieuwe-darkride-in-Plopsaland.html

Last edited:

peep

CF Legend
Looks like a solid addition to the park. Really intrigued about the dark ride but I'm only expecting something that will appeal to the very little ones that Bumba is aimed at so I doubt it'd be anything like an interactive ride.

Also odd that the announced kiddie cred isn't on the plans. Wait and see with that one I suppose.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
And we have plans...

201019platka1a.jpg

201019platka3.jpg

201019platka999.jpg

Source (looopings sadly): https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/13126/Bouwplannen-van-spectaculaire-nieuwe-achtbaan-Plopsaland.html

So it'll be going next to the Supersplash, with a good proportion of the ride going over the lake that the pedal boats use (presumably spelling the end of them?). Two launches, 5(?) inversions and a decent length all things considered.

As much as I'm excited for this, I'm bit worried that with it being in such a prominent location, it could ruin the vibe of the park a bit. Heidi and Anubis are pretty well tucked away in their own rights, but this is much more in-your-face in comparison.

Last edited: