What's new

Pleasurewood Hills new coaster?

A

Anonymous

I don't disagree with you on everything but I can't agree with SLC over a Woodie. The parks main catchment area is east anglia with a large number of people coming from Norfolk Suffolk and Cambridgeshire. They are the most common visitors. But if you want people to come to PWH from the midlands instead of going to AT or the south instead of going to Thorpe or Chessington, you can't expect them to travel all that way for an SLC.....however a woodie, a good one like troy, would bring GP from all over the EU!!!!

I too would like to see a S&S double shot like the one at PLeasure Island, maybe slightly taller though and just over all shapin up, like laying some paving down... too much grass everywhere. That one of the things that makes it seem very fairgroundish.

Rapids I would like to see, the rest is asking a bit much. As I said before Grevin haven't seem like they have only been updating PWH and not doin much else with there other parks, so I shouldn't expect too much.

But theres always wishful thinkin!!!!

Personally I'd like to see something new and unique by Mack...

Jools

Giga Poster
10WaTT said:
I would say 80 (perhaps higher) percentage of people living in East Anglia haven't even heard of Camelot.

Yay, I'm part of a minority group WHOO! Mind you most of that is because there are so many old people in this country who haven't even heard of Alton Towers either, I would say about 75% of people I know, know Camelot, but then they're young or are L&T teachers :lol:

Ben

CF Legend
Martyn B said:
You want a Rapids Ride, Space Shot Tower, Top Scan, Spinning Coaster, Euro Fighter, Ferris Wheel and a Gyro swing within a few years?

So you think a few flat rides and a couple of cheap coasters in a 3-5 year perisod isn't viable? Then you are just a moron and should be quiet.

Thats the thing, they're not focusing on anything, as they're not bloody adding anything. Wipeout was new for 2007, and before then, Thunderstruck, possibly the worst, most boring flat ride in existance was added in 2005, and that was just to replace the Mega Drop <3

Uh, they're not adding anything while it's so "viable" just because a genius like you crapped a few ride names out and went "OMFG THEY SHOULDZ GET THESE"

If they're so ****ing viable, why haven't they BOUGHT them over the last 3-5 years? OH WAIT. Because they're not.

If you're going to start throwing words like "moron" around, at least make sure you don't look like a tit while doing it.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Uh, they're not adding anything while it's so "viable" just because a genius like you crapped a few ride names out and went "OMFG THEY SHOULDZ GET THESE"

Oh c'mon I hardly 'crapped' any proper big **** off rides like some other people have been suggesting! They were mainly cheap 'little' rides. If Flamingolan can afford to do it, Pleasurewood should be able to.

If they're so viable, why haven't they BOUGHT them over the last 3-5 years?

It seems like they dont seem to no what they're doing, look at how much of a cock up Wipeout was, took nearly 2 years to get built, now its open, it can only run every 8 minutes, 2 of the cars are out of use becuase of the stupid position of the ORP and cant operate before 1130am...

If you're going to start throwing words like "moron" around, at least make sure you don't look like a tit while doing it.

I dont. If places like Thorpe and Flamingo can do it, so can PWH.

Ben

CF Legend
If PWH can do it like Thorpe and Flamingoland, WHY aren't they?

You can't go "Well, this park can, why can't this park?!?!?!?!?"

It doesn't work like that, jeeez.

A

Anonymous

I don't think Eurofighters are that cheap, dude. Thats why I think PWH should get something new, kind of like a gamble where the manufacturer says 'we'll give you this at a discount if you let us use it for promoting the product. I'm sure Piraten is cheaper than what it will be sold for now that everyone knows how good mega-lite's are.

Woodie's are not too expensive, they might cost more to maintain though. But Megaphobia is still excellent even if it is miles away from anything so whatever it costs its definitely worth it...

A

Anonymous

Now the GP are not gonna come from all over for an SLC....!!!!

More chance of them coming from 'all over' for just an SLC as appose to a Woodie, SLC's will be more appealing to the GP than just a wooden coaster.

And Oakwood is alot bigger than PWH, I dont think you realise how small PWH is.
I tell you what if PWH got the new type of vekoma invert with the new 4-abreasted trains, then that might make people come for an SLC. Looks like they could be pretty cool. The booster bikes are quite smooth coz of the new track. Maybe this could be the case with the new inverts.

Mike

Giga Poster
I would say 80 (perhaps higher) percentage of people living in East Anglia haven't even heard of Camelot.

Well that's a bit like saying "I would say 80% of people living in Yorkshire haven't even heard of Adventure Island."
Each area of the country seems to have a major park or two that everybody from around the area will know. The South/South East will be Thorpe, Midlands is Alton Towers, North West is Blackpool and North East is Flamingoland.

I still think PWH is making a terrible investment in Whirlwind, and Wipeout was also a terrible investment for the park.

The thing with PWH, I find, is that it's just a park full of nothingness.
Cannonball is now totally buggered, with only allowing one train and the ride getting rougher by the day, Wipeout has these noise problems, Rattlesnake had it's only semi-decent feature, a tunnel, removed ages ago and that's it really.
The only other rides are a very poor KMG Afterburner or whatever those Claw things are called now), a poor ageing travelling Flume ride, a miniature railway into nowhere, a carousel which nobody really cares about, and some poor, old, dodgems.
Not exactly a ride list that jumps out with "awesomeness", is it?

Sure, everybody would love to see their local park buy X amount of rides over the next few years, but that's never going to happen, and especially not at the moment with the current economic climate.

I feel that what PWH really needs is something unique, or unique to this country anyway, either in a ride or show form, that they can base their marketing around. Even though I'm only a couple of counties away, I never hear any advertisement for the park, and maybe with a decent unique new ride, this could be improved quite dramatically. :?

[/Babble]

A

Anonymous

My point exactly.... Someone who agrees with need for uniqueness.
Now come on Grevin, lets be avin you!!

Martyn B

CF Legend

I have no idea why they aren't, maybe they dont have any faith in investing in the park? But then that begs the queston why buy it in the first place, so I really dont no.

My point exactly.... Someone who agrees with need for uniqueness.

I'm not saying I disagree with that, but my idea's for Pleasurewood were just to 'fill the gaps'. There is absolutely sod all to do at Pleasurewood. Adding one more ride, even if it is unique, only give you one more thing to do, where as adding lots of little things here and there, will make the place not feel so empty, dull and would actually make you stay for more than an hour,

A coaster Megafobia's size could easily fit on the area where the Go-Karts currently are, and I'd be more than happy to see that happen, but then I'd also like to see smaller rides.

I don't think Eurofighters are that cheap, dude.

Rage only cost around £750,000 which I dont think is too bad for a coaster of that scale.

You never know, they, may have some plan to install a big ride ride every 3-4 years, but as it stands, in between them rides, they need to add some smaller rides, the park is in desperate need of something.

Campagne des Alpes (who bought out Grevin & Cie) started really well with Pleasurewood, they spent £2m in their first year improving the park and installing all new restraunts, then the following year they planned to install Wipeout. So you could say it was 2 big investments in their first 2 years, which cant be complained at, but since then, nothing has happened, which is frustrating.

That is why I would welcome a ride like Whirlwind with my arms open, though I dont remember it being so rough, but then it has been a while since I went on it.

A

Anonymous

Rage only cost around £750,000 which I dont think is too bad for a coaster of that scale.

You never know, they, may have some plan to install a big ride ride every 3-4 years, but as it stands, in between them rides, they need to add some smaller rides, the park is in desperate need of something.

Campagne des Alpes (who bought out Grevin & Cie) started really well with Pleasurewood, they spent £2m in their first year improving the park and installing all new restraunts, then the following year they planned to install Wipeout. So you could say it was 2 big investments in their first 2 years, which cant be complained at, but since then, nothing has happened, which is frustrating.

Add another £3 million to that price and you'd probably be closer. Even Wipeout probably cost more than 750.

Well hopefully they will get a new thrill ride like double shot. Maybe they could move some rides from there other parks........ oooooo like Goliath...... :roll: yeah who am I kidding. No but seriously something like excalibur or a topple tower.

Bellewaerde, owned by CDA in belgium has had quite a few attractions installed over previous years so maybe PWH will get some more investment too. Its about the same size, but is more of a THEME park

A

Anonymous

Quote:

I have no idea why they aren't, maybe they dont have any faith in investing in the park? But then that begs the queston why buy it in the first place, so I really dont no.

Well, i think theres one simple answer, Profit. They have invested money into it, not its probs time they make that money back before re-investing.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Add another £3 million to that price and you'd probably be closer. Even Wipeout probably cost more than 750.

I am very confident, but not 100% certain that Rage did only cost around £750,000.

And the total cost of the Wipeout project was around £1.5m.

Well, i think theres one simple answer, Profit.

That is a very good point, but in all business's, you have put some in, to get some back. Yes they added Wipeout, but obviosuly one ride in 4 years isn't enough. There isn't anything new to draw guests back to the park.