What's new

Planet Studios (first attempt at a studios park)

James F

Hyper Poster
PC1.JPG

I have had Planet Coaster for about 18 months now and I have finally got round to doing a studios park, which was what everyone else was doing 2 years ago, so sorry if this isn't the most interesting of parks. I started this park about seven months ago and it's been very on and off as other park projects such as my zoo theme park have taken my priority, in all honesty I just got bored with this park for a while, but in the last week or so I have thought of interesting things I can do to improve and build upon it.

The picture above is of the main entrance, in it's inception this park was inspired by "Movie Park Germany", as I wanted this park to be a realistic, mid-budget place, part of the reason I stopped building was that I began building rides that were out of scope for a park such as this (like a 200ft+ RMC for example) - In the end I decided on going for a park with a larger budget, but not universal or Disney level (mostly because I can't be arsed with that)

PC2.JPG
Here is a look at the entrance Main Street, with a gift shop of the left (with interior) and a fast food restaurant (also interior) on the right.

PC3.JPG

Peep view of the main street/courtyard.

PC4.JPG

The 4D cinema is currently in progress, I need to complete the sign and some of the interior still.

PC5.JPG

The inside of the cinema.

PC6.JPG

The next section on the right side of the park is the New York themed area,

PC7.JPG

A overview of the New York area. The buildings behind the chairswing are blueprints, but the rest was custom.

PC8.JPG

This is "Cops & Robbers" a duelling launch coaster(s), the blue side is "cops" and the red side is "robbers". This was inspired by the Intamin coaster(s) that used to be at Movie Park Germany called "Cop Car Chase", if you haven't seen videos of it, it is worth checking out.

PC9.JPG

The Entrance.

PC10.JPG

These are the dodgy characters who are the "robbers", The story is that a group of thugs are robbing a fireworks factory and the police show up making the robbers make a run for it, the ride is basically a car chase between the cops and robbers and yes the race is fixed so the cops always win, because crime doesn't pay.

PC11.JPG

An overview of the ride.

PC12.JPG

For some reason I built a Men in Black recreation, but I ended up keeping it because I'd dare to say it's pretty good! (not the exterior)

PC13.JPG

Men in Black shop in progress.

PC14.JPG

This is the Cartoon Network area which I am struggling with as I haven't watched it for many years.

PC15.JPG

Here is the park's main gift shop which I am working on, The car crashed into the building was inspired by Planet Hollywood, or more accurately 'The Simpsons' episode which parodies it.

PC17.JPG

The other entrance to the shop.

PC18.JPG

The interior (WIP)

PC19.JPG

The tills.

PC20.JPG

Tower of Terror?? Never heard of it.

PC22.JPG

Here is the parks main Indoor Theatre which I am currently working on.

PC23.JPG

The inside, wish Planet Coaster had functional theatres, I hope we will see this function in PC2.

PC24.JPG

OH S***!!!

pc25.JPG

As you can see I still need to build the seats.

PC26.JPG

Here is the "completely original" Hotel California drop tower/dark ride, inspired by The Eagles song of the same name,

PC27.JPG

The outdoor queue.

PC28.JPG
PC29.JPG

The indoor queue.

PC30.JPG

The park signature coaster, a B&M floorless with 8 inversions and a top speed of 64mph, It will be themed to the new Top Gun film, coming out in 2021.

pc31.JPG

The third RMC design I did as I felt the original 200ft coaster did not suit the park in my opinion.

PC32.JPG

What I have done so far ...