What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I mean every coaster is rough as long as you ask enough people about it. The key is to make the unavoidable vibrations flow with the ride itself and Taron does that wonderfully. People have odd expectations about the smoothness of any rail-mounted vehicle, and fair enough, most people aren't engineers.

Very true. As a point of reference I am yet to find a gerstlauer that I can ride more than 5 times in a row. Yet I was able to stay on the same train on Taron over and over for an hour and 15 mins during our ERT. My arms were definitely aching by the end, holding them up for that many rides was more effective than a gym session... but no headache or usual rough coaster pains :)

PhantaDad2017

Roller Poster
Overall, Phantasialand have been lucky with their Vekomas, or managed to get good quality. Temple of the Night Hawk/Crazy Bats/Space Center is smooth, and Colorado Adventure is also good to ride, perhaps except for the front car/locomotive (I hurt myself once there, and read similar from others). On the other hand, Colorado is supposed to be an out-of-control mine train, so it shouldn't be too smooth.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The two supports alongside the administration offices have now been completed; leaving only 1 support left to be finished. Concrete work on foundations for a presumed hotel building and future themed facades is continuing around the offices.
The main hotel building continues to grow.

Theming work on the last section of the Maus sound barrier wall nears completion and scaffolding has now been erected on the other side facing Berlin so work can begin there.

Last edited:

Nikl01as

Roller Poster
The Wall behind the Launch must be the Fantasy Wall. Not the Mac Wall. And I guess the Wall inside of the Box is just for decoration and not the real Wall.

Last edited:

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
The Wall behind the Launch must be the Fantasy Wall. Not the Mac Wall. And I guess the Wall inside of the Box is just for decoration and not the real Wall.
The left part is probably the Black steel structure against the Wuze Town building, which is being themed different now in the end.

However, the right part with "Airrail Company" on it, is against Maus au Chocolat. So this part:
Snapchat-662878899.jpg
You can see on the picture of my previous post the gap between the 2 large sliding doors clearly but on this picture above you see the "Airrail Company" sign also but very difficult.
This same gap and sliding doors are now getting shaped against Maus au Chocolat, which is also visible on the first picture in my previous post.

EDIT
So I mean this part of the wall against Maus au Chocolat, you can see the gap and the shapes of the sliding doors. :)
Snapchat-1478817899.jpg

So, the wall is real, but some parts are slightly different. :)

Last edited:

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
But if you look at the Plan of the layout, it just cannot be the MAC Wall....
The wall is therefore not in the right place relative to the layout / model. They've just put it that way because the box doesn't have the opportunity to put it like it should be. If you look at the last picture I shared that's the themed wall getting build, and like I see it, the perspective from where the picture was made, it shows the wall at the Wuze Tall and Maus au Chocolat side. :)

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I know the final product is going to be top of its class but am I the only one *really* frustrated by the lack of meaningful updates? I know Phantasialand fanboys are having the time of their lives with every little bolt installed but after vertical construction finished, it looks like this thing is not progressing (I know they are building a hotel and preparing the site to receive themeing) and it just kills me. /rantOVER

ImagineerTim

Mega Poster
I know the final product is going to be top of its class but am I the only one *really* frustrated by the lack of meaningful updates? I know Phantasialand fanboys are having the time of their lives with every little bolt installed but after vertical construction finished, it looks like this thing is not progressing (I know they are building a hotel and preparing the site to receive themeing) and it just kills me. /rantOVER
The model showcase is not that old. and the construction site is huge and there is a lot of buildings and theming.
They want it to be better than Klugheim so the theming and details have to be top notch along with the music and the other facilities there.
I was at the park a few days ago and they made so much progress. I think its better to take the time if its not perfect. and they have time until next season for completing the area. I guess the plan is to open next summer season because there is Crazy Bats as a new ride in the time between. I assume they'll open it on 30.03.20

Marcus

Roller Poster
The new area is certainly looking like its shaping up nicely and will be fantastic once finished.

I am planning a visit September time but personally can't see it being until beyond then but definitely gives a strong reason to come back, hopefully if it is finished then during their winter season as that is something I am yet to experience.

I was just wondering would anyone know currently it doesn't seem to be advertised but if we (girlfriend and myself) stay on site during our September visit do they offer ERT during September? As it's probably the deciding factor between staying on site or not. I was somewhat gutted to miss Taron last time I visited so would love to have the chance to get multiple laps round on it!

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The new area is certainly looking like its shaping up nicely and will be fantastic once finished.

I am planning a visit September time but personally can't see it being until beyond then but definitely gives a strong reason to come back, hopefully if it is finished then during their winter season as that is something I am yet to experience.

I was just wondering would anyone know currently it doesn't seem to be advertised but if we (girlfriend and myself) stay on site during our September visit do they offer ERT during September? As it's probably the deciding factor between staying on site or not. I was somewhat gutted to miss Taron last time I visited so would love to have the chance to get multiple laps round on it!
The park confirmed on Facebook (source) that Klugheim ERT for Hotel guests will take place again between 01 September and 03 November.

operateur

Roller Poster
Is this layout correct? Don't look at the track banking/profiling etc ist just for the layout itself.
3S2xQcO.jpg

Ethan

Strata Poster
Is this layout correct? Don't look at the track banking/profiling etc ist just for the layout itself.
I mean with a layout like this, I feel like banking and profiling are what make it? Given that the entire ride is, you know, banked turns ;)

lostfrequentie

Roller Poster
3S2xQcO.jpg
Hey for some good Profiling , of you have the world fair pack you can disable track limits in the option menu and take te vekoma motorbike coaster and make a track remover the station An turn the track 180 degrees than you have a somewhat good Profiling , keep in mind that then you can't actualy ride the coaster