What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Slideshow of the many supports that have been delivered and installed recently on site. This includes the bulkier supports for the launch.

EDIT:
Also the Phantasialand YouTube account has created a new playlist which currently only features the German announcement trailer for F.L.Y. - possibly in preparation for the start of a regular update/behind the scenes videos about Rookburgh?
Screenshot_20180508-205821.jpg

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
More and more supports have been delivered and some erected in places over the past week.
2018-05-14-09-28-16.jpg.21716ea86bf82f7ec0d2d55243f7f1dc.jpg
Picture from PhantaFriends.de user Belgario.
Theming work continues around what will presumably be a large factory chimney of some kind.

* It has also been claimed on PhantaFriends.de that several workers from Intamin were seen on park at the end of last week. Leading to suggestions that perhaps Rookburgh will feature a second attraction from Intamin. Although, even if it is true, that is by no means conclusive evidence and it is more likely that were there for one of the park's many Intamin attractions or a visit.
But given that Intamin and PHL work well together it is possible they could supply something for Rookburgh. *

What are the most recent pix from the maintenance tracks?
It's a few weeks old but this shows the transfer switch for the maintenance bays - since there are no pictures or reports saying so presumably the maintenance tracks themselves have not yet been installed.
Screenshot_20180423-180958.png

As seen in this picture from Discord the transfer switch track has been installed today. 3 maintenance bays as predicted.
The sideways track still looks so strange...

Bluegamesful

Roller Poster
* It has also been claimed on PhantaFriends.de that several workers from Intamin were seen on park at the end of last week. Leading to suggestions that perhaps Rookburgh will feature a second attraction from Intamin. Although, even if it is true, that is by no means conclusive evidence and it is more likely that were there for one of the park's many Intamin attractions or a visit.
But given that Intamin and PHL work well together it is possible they could supply something for Rookburgh. *

I have also seen some Intamin people during my last visit, they have been examining Chiapas quite closely and stopped by Taron for a bit, I doubt they will provide anything for the new area, maybe it was due to some trouble they had over the last years with Chiapas?

streetmagix

Mega Poster
When I was there a few weeks ago they had someone permanently near the main drop to push the boats out that beached themselves. That was when it was open of course, seemed to be broken more than open. Oh Intamin.

streetmagix

Mega Poster
I did think it was a date at first but surely A) it would be too early for something in October and B) it's in the American date format. Assuming that account is real (I can't prove either way) then I would expect some more numbers soon. Still, good to see something (maybe) official about F.L.Y. We can see lots of work going on but nothing from the park or manufacturer.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I don't think it's official.

The Vekoma website has no link to a Twitter account.

The account in question has also posted construction photos of FLY, which are sourced from elsewhere I believe. Certainly Vekoma wouldn't do that, especially with a park like Phantasialand which has discretion as their number one priority during construction.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Its a fan account pretending to be Vekoma. They've posted photos from the Rookburgh construction site which Vekoma would never do in a million years. And it would be a strange to market/tease Rookburgh through the manufacturer?

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Finally more track is being installed! New supports and track have been erected on top of the underground launch and break run tunnels - these tracks are continuing the section of F.L.Y. that was erected last summer and we have seen loads of photos.

The start of the launch has been lifted and fixed on to the ceiling. The launch part sticking out of the tunnel slopes upwards in the direction of the main road. The supports for the rest of the launch - the curved launch parts @mrrc photographed at Vlodrop last year - have been erected.

The brake run has not been mounted on the ceiling yet.
The transfer tracks have now been completely enclosed and concrete is now being poured to form the roof.

Generally there is a lot of concrete work going on right now across the site.
A few more track parts and many more supports are also being stored on site awaiting erection.

Update source = Tobi on PhantaFriends.de

Last edited:

Pear

Strata Poster
I'd rather they take this time as this is a new and unproven concept. It would be better for them to take their time instead of having to push back opening due to things not working.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Didn't Klugheim as a total investment cost something crazy like €70m, with Rookburgh set to be a similar level of money?

If so, I don't mind them being a bit cheap and a bit slow on construction. It'll open when it opens.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Yeah honestly, the investment and effort they put into attractions is so much higher than everywhere else in Europe, so if the CEO wants to take it slow, then I will more than happily wait. It’s not like they’re rushed for a deadline.

Matt N

CF Legend
Phantasialand confirmed that Rookburgh will cost even more than Klugheim (and that the area will have an higher attention to detail).
How??? Klugheim looks staggeringly detailed! Also, where is Phantasialand getting all their money from, as they only get just under 2 million per year and they are an independent park. Does the park's owner have a secret gold mine in his back garden or something?