What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Martini

Roller Poster
We need new pictures from the sky! Please ?
Yes, please!!!!?

How old
I have been saying for months that a Zeppelin would come anyway. Many did not think so and laughed with it. Now I just laugh back: hahaha. :p

The question is: where do they come?
One place seems to be certain: there are fixings on top of FLY's entrance building against the factory wall in front of Tor 1. On this side the coaster is low and there is another building opposite the entrance building to which the other end can be attached.

That the other Zeppelin will be hanging somewhere between the hotel blocks would not surprise me either. The space between the block (3) in the middle and block 4 next to the office building gives the necessary space to get a Zeppelin in between. How cool would this be if there is a Zeppelin outside, along FLY, in front of your room. :D

The first place with the fixings on top of FLY's entrance building is the blue line connecting the 2 green circles. These two circles are the buildings to which the Zeppelin will get attached (the building opposite the entrance building isn't on this picture yet).

The other green circle in the corner upper-left is the space I mean where the second Zeppelin could come.

Then we still have in yellow the mysterious installation. I was right with the Zeppelin so I am now guessing that the installation is for a hot-air balloon because they are often on the concept-arts. Let me hope I'm right again. Haha. :p

View attachment 7827
How old is this picture??

MOD EDIT: Please don't double post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
The yellow spot (on the aerialshot) seems to be very likely. (Blue thing on my photo) Because there was nothing installed on it when they first tested it. And it sweeps very nicely around it, so it screams to be that spot actually.View attachment 7834

You mean a Zeppelin over there? If it is, that would be great to me as well.

The only thing I don't see in or around the helix are anchor points to attach the Zeppelin when it should be in flying-mode. The only solution is that the Zeppelin will be standing still on the ground. Then the blue thing on the picture is the anchor point for the chassis underneath the Zeppelin which is circled in orange on the concept-art below. I like to be surprised if it is. :D
IMG_20200220_073145.jpg

Last edited:

Alessio

Roller Poster
The user "keeprunnin" confirmed the test runs of F.L.Y.. He stated on Phantafriends.de approximately one hour ago that he saw a train that went through the overbank. He couldn't get a picture because he was just driving by and only saw a black blur but he is save that it was a train. Furthermore, he speculates that it is possible that only parts of the train are testing, possibly without some mechanisms or even seats.

vor 50 Minuten schrieb keeprunnin:
Bin gerade interessehalber Mal am PHL vorbeigefahren um zu schauen ob's Fortschritte am Eingang vom Charles Lindbergh zu sehen gibt. Vom Matamba aus kommend, konnte ich den overbanked turn von F.L.Y. hinter der Rostwand sehen und tatsächlich einen Zug von F.L.Y. erspähen, der gerade an dieser Stelle entlang fuhr. Hab meinen Augen zuerst nicht getraut, aber es war 100%ig so. Mehr als ein schwarzes, vorbeirauschendes Konstrukt konnte ich aber leider nicht erkennen. Dahergehend meine Vermutung dass es sich eventuell noch nicht um einen fertigen Zug gehandelt hat, sondern nur quasi das "Grundgerüst", möglicherweise sogar ohne Sitze. Habe aber wie gesagt im Vorbeifahren nicht so viele Details erkennen können.
War trotzdem sehr aufregend es zu sehen
:D
Source: https://www.phantafriends.de/topic/...kussion/page/238/?tab=comments#comment-147863

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Interesting. Perhaps now with Hotel Charles Lindbergh they didn't want to leave it as the only hotel without.
Also with that forwards position, rather than directly at the bridge, does reduce the garden space for hotel guests but leaves the path clear towards the fire engine access gate into the Africa area - perhaps this was the health and safety consideration that was rumoured with regards to adding an entrance here.

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
But think about the fact that klugheim was planned for an openging season opening , but had Some delay
What fact is that? There was never such indication. Plus other than rides that were delayed to the next year (Winjas + Chiapas) attractions in Phantasialand have always opened in the May and June period before the summer; not for the start of season.

Martini

Roller Poster
But think about the fact that klugheim was planned for an openging season opening , but had Some delay
Yes, that's right. Rookbourgh also had a delay.
And now the test drives begin - 2 months before the start of the season.
Therefore I am even more assured that they will open at the start of the season.

Martini

Roller Poster
What fact is that? There was never such indication. Plus other than rides that were delayed to the next year (Winjas + Chiapas) attractions in Phantasialand have always opened in the May and June period before the summer; not for the start of season.
But that doesn't mean anything.
I don't think they worked extra slowly to open in May or June. So I think it was just a coincidence.
So I definitely believe in an opening at the start of the season.
In addition, the construction of Rookbourgh started 3 years ago.

DocLa

Roller Poster
Rookburgh won’t open at the beginning of the season.

1. There’s no advertising at all
2. They’re selling tickets up to 50% off in April
3. The Weather over here in Germany is just to unsteady in April. An opening in April could mean 4 weeks of nearly continuous rain.

And to be honest no project of this size is scheduled without a time buffer. There are so many companies involved and probably booked a long time ago. You just cannot change the opening date and move the assignments several months when recognizing that you won’t hit the beginning of the season. So in my opinion they planned somewhere in this year’s season, but had no fixed month.

Flying Pilot

Mega Poster
Rookburgh won’t open at the beginning of the season.

1. There’s no advertising at all
2. They’re selling tickets up to 50% off in April

True, it doesn't make any sense if it will open at the beginning of the season. They have an indication when it will open. But they are not sure yet.
Their plan is/ was, we are working on this big project, we are not going to rush it, we will see how quickly everything goes and if we dont like our pacing, we can do something about it. It's extremely expensive and if they can save some money by not building as quick as they could, they are willing to do it.
If they build this in 2 instead of 3 years, they wont have a fully year of extra income. That is a huge amount of money! You can compare this with other rides or park extensions. This project with hotel, rollercoaster and facilities will maybe costs like 35.000.000 million euro's. But it will be worth it.

DocLa

Roller Poster
True, it doesn't make any sense if it will open at the beginning of the season. They have an indication when it will open. But they are not sure yet.
Their plan is/ was, we are working on this big project, we are not going to rush it, we will see how quickly everything goes and if we dont like our pacing, we can do something about it. It's extremely expensive and if they can save some money by not building as quick as they could, they are willing to do it.
If they build this in 2 instead of 3 years, they wont have a fully year of extra income. That is a huge amount of money! You can compare this with other rides or park extensions. This project with hotel, rollercoaster and facilities will maybe costs like 35.000.000 million euro's. But it will be worth it.

And that’s exactly what I think since the beginning of the project

Winjas007

Roller Poster
Klugheim costs roughly 70.000.000€ (like many forums estimate). I think this project will Pass the 100.000.000€ mark.

Gesendet von meinem FIG-LX1 mit Tapatalk

Flying Pilot

Mega Poster
Klugheim costs roughly 70.000.000€ (like many forums estimate). I think this project will Pass the 100.000.000€ mark.

Ohh okay, rookburgh could indeed be more. But Klugheim is a bit bigger area and there are two rides. Maybe they are similar in terms of money. Because fly is also a huge rollercoaster and it will receive a hotel.

Winjas007

Roller Poster
Ohh okay, rookburgh could indeed be more. But Klugheim is a bit bigger area and there are two rides. Maybe they are similar in terms of money. Because fly is also a huge rollercoaster and it will receive a hotel.
Yeah, could be. 100.000.000€ sounds like a lot of money. A Steel Roller coaster without theming at this size costs roughly 35.000.000€ and this one here is a prototyp. Then add all the buildings, theming and construction costs (maybe planning costs, marketing). Too bad that Phantasialand dont Release offical number.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
The numbers I heard thrown about a lot were that Klugheim, as an entire project, cost €60 million (~£50 million / $67 million). For some extra context, I heard Chiapas cost €35-40 million, and RCDB lists Deep in Africa (but not including the hotel) as €22 million. Keep in mind inflation rates and stuff too (I think €22 million in 2006 is about €32 million these days?)

I'd fully expect Rookburgh to cost more than Klugheim due to the fact FLY is a bit more complex than Taron, the hotel is almost definitely a bigger investment than Raik and the significant amount of groundwork required in Rookburgh (which I believe is one of the things which has slowed the whole project down, due to it being more complex than originally expected).

cookie

Giga Poster
I followed Klugheim's construction vehemently that spring. There was never any hint it would open earlier than it did, especially when some of the trademarks (like the Rutmore's Tavern restaurant) weren't registered until April and Raik wasn't testing until said month.