What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I don't think they had flags on the track of Taron or Mamba. So in context of Phantasialand, it's not that strange.

Peet

Giga Poster
Anyway, I'm going to celebrate the finished track of Fly, I remember those first pieces going in... 2 years ago? It must be such a moment for the teams working on this.
Just had a trip down memory land into the depths of this topic; it went vertical in July 2017:
And according to the PhantaFriends.de member who posted this photo the first support went up! You can see something black poking out over the gate.
Seemingly vertical construction has started!

First track installed early August. I loved re-reading the debate about whether it's a 2018 or 2019 attraction!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Interestingly enough, some parks elect to cap their finished construction with a christmas tree instead of a flag for reasons that are beyond me.
If I recall correctly, it's a tradition from the construction industry that's older than the concept of national flags itself. Wikipedia suggests it was originally used as a ritual to please the tree spirits whose wood had been used in the construction of the building, which means it predates the arrival of Christianity to the countries it originated from. If it's indeed a Scandinavian tradition, it even predates the Norse religions, which had nothing of the sort, but spiritism was common before then. We're talking early dark ages in that case. Nice to see that traditions can hold on for so long.

roff

Roller Poster
Now that the track is closed we can finally move back to wall updates.
The right part of the big wall is getting it's first layer of concrete:

E632320F-39D0-4A36-9A8A-F9CFB8B0D299.jpeg.cc431769dc0f24573b5910548b78468e.jpeg

Also a brand new part of facade-framework has gone up over here:
test.jpg

So expect a lot of exciting wall adventures in the next couple of weeks. :eek:
Source: Phantafriends

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The walls are being built little by little ... But where will the hotel be? In the walls for the capsules or in another place?
Those are just themed facades.

For the speculated hotel layout read this from the previous page:
Screenshot_20190425-001450_Gallery.jpg

A closer look at this corner from the most recent pictures shows that they are working on concrete foundations there; and the surface being covered seems larger than if it was just another themed façade wall. So perhaps another block of rooms will go there (which also would serve as a thematic backdrop and hide the admin building behind) with a bridge connecting it to the rest of the hotel over the track where it dips down inbetween the overbank and the Zero-G Roll.

fly_1.jpg

IF that theory is correct then from the full picture you get an overview of how the hotel fills this part of Rookburgh. There's the main building on the left with the stairwell, lift shaft and presumed restaurant (the black metal frame for the roof has now been added) forming. The gap left between for the rooms to be stacked up in. And the raised streetside area (not visible in this pic) directly beside is presumably where the entrance/lobby will be.
The concrete structure that has formed right in the middle; in the midst of the all those supports (and with a F.L.Y. fly through) is presumably another block of rooms similar to the small one from the concept art.
And then as I said there could be a connecting bridge rom there to another block of rooms on the right on the edge of the site.
Screenshot_20181221-000734_Gallery.jpg

CoasterCrank

Roller Poster
I have been thinking for a while now about what this gap will be... Someone a suggestion? :D
View attachment 5071

I think it's just some kind of 3D-structure to loosen up the facade a little bit.:emoji_nerd:
...or maybe is it perhaps another access to rookburgh similar to the door on wuzetown-wall?:emoji_confused:

But when I look at the photo I find the gap in the wall more interesting and wonder what will arise there...o_O
Screenshot_20190430-002608_Chrome.jpg

lostfrequentie

Roller Poster
Now that the track is closed we can finally move back to wall updates.
The right part of the big wall is getting it's first layer of concrete:

E632320F-39D0-4A36-9A8A-F9CFB8B0D299.jpeg.cc431769dc0f24573b5910548b78468e.jpeg

Also a brand new part of facade-framework has gone up over here:
View attachment 5070

So expect a lot of exciting wall adventures in the next couple of weeks. :eek:
Source: Phantafriends
Huray our wall themed darkride is back
curious to see how it will develp

cookie

Giga Poster
I honestly don't understand why they're not straight forward with if this is supposed to open this year or 2020. The extensive teasing suggests sooner than one'd think from how the construction site looks.

IngloriousNuke

Roller Poster
First they will launch a making of video series. When that is launched count +- 6 months till opening. 1 video a month. With a big opening spectacle like klugheim.
So prepaere seeing some video's september this year. (that is what i think)