What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Bartwurst

Roller Poster
I meant that enthusiasts don't matter when it comes to planning new rides. Of course they matter in terms of advertising, but it's more that enthusiasts are a useful tool in marketing instead of having any sway on what new attractions will be.

Don't forget that enthusiasts don't generally spend as much as families, we tend to buy season passes and pop in with some lunch rather than a family that pays full price and then has a load of food and drink and then buy lots of merch on the way out.
Fair point there!
When planning the attractions they most likely try to produce something that connects to the “basic” crowd.
Misunderstood the part about the planning of a ride, agree with you on that!

Reactions: Dar

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
That's totally true about the family spending aspect, although they might only visit every couple years. And enthusiasts might be more likely to stay at the park hotel. I think a lot of parks view enthusiasts as a cool little group with for sure sales and great for feedback. As far as ERT events, it's also probably flattering for the park, like people who cosplay.

I remember when I was at Coaster Con at SFOT, and during the fireworks/cheerleader show, the park president got up and announced that ACE was there. Telling the general population that there's a group of people, from all around the world, who travel to SFOT specifically to ride roller coasters definitely adds value to the park in the mind of the audience.

"Wow, these people traveled all the way from Europe/New York/LA/ just to come here? We must have some good rides, Six Flags is awesome, I'll be back next year, why don't I upgrade to a season pass?"

Obviously, their main focal point is the GP, but with coasters it's fairly easy to kill two birds with one stone. A thrilling ride, like a B&M wing, for example, will greatly please the GP, and enthusiasts will be stoked as well, without having to change the design to cater to enthusiasts, as everyone loves the same elements and forces on a roller coaster, whether they're educated on the subject or not.

Last edited:

lostfrequentie

Roller Poster
D4rcPW3X4AEJ4OD
D4rcNzxWwAEIL9k
All these text messages , pff make your Beter with some more photos of fly posted by jorric on Twitter

D4rcMf8WsAcsGhe

Last edited:

Dar

Hyper Poster
There's a report button at the bottom of each post if it really bothers you that much and you want to be an adult about it instead of acting like a child and shouting across the playground.

This is looking cooler and cooler each time I see it! I can totally get on board with a decent, but not amazing, coaster in an amazing setting and Phanny are getting really good at the settings. I guess with the locals complaining, they've had to get creative like Alton Towers did in the past.

I'm interested to see what the paths and area are like around the coaster, the near-misses are going to be amazing on this and I hope it's just as good to watch too.

Pascii20

Roller Poster
Can you please link the source tweet instead of posting the pictures? I got moaned at for doing the exact same thing so I can't tolerate anyone else doing it. If you can do it I can do it. I can't let this go.
You could just have refered to the revised forum rules, but instead you are making a drama and act as if you are the victim.

Anyway, since you cannot see it on the pictures, does anybody know if the last piece got installed yet?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Taking bank holidays off? This is precisely the reason why this thing won't open any time soon.

I mean, look at Energylandia for example. They don't take bank holidays off, and they'll have opened anything between 6-10 coasters in the time it's taken to build Fly......

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Taking bank holidays off? This is precisely the reason why this thing won't open any time soon.

I mean, look at Energylandia for example. They don't take bank holidays off, and they'll have opened anything between 6-10 coasters in the time it's taken to build Fly......
Oh **** off with this.

FLY has about 43 billion sq ft of concrete in a pit. Energylandia is built on an open field with no theming. Plus, they have all their money being pumped in from EU to get them moving that quick. PHL is doing it with their resources.

Stop acting like an entitled ****.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
'educated on the subject'

Bit cringey. I really dislike it when this topic comes up, there's a lot of entitlement and sense of superiority and it doesn't make for comfortable reading.

I'm not at all meaning this in a way of entitlement and superiority, the narration in your head is different than mine.

In America, we use the term "educated on a subject" in a way that's more akin to the dictionary definition: of having knowledge on a particular subject through study, which can be study at home on your own. It doesn't imply a sense of superiority, as anyone can take the time to study and learn a subject if truly desired.

Go ahead and think it's "cringey" if you want, but I guarantee you if you were to hear me speak it with the live inflection of a real voice this thought would have never crossed your mind.

It seems like I've had a lot of debates on this site recently that would have been easily resolved if I had recorded my voice. I think a lot of it has to do with cultural differences in assumed tones between Europeans and North Americans.

Last edited:

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
I'm not at all meaning this in a way of entitlement and superiority, the narration in your head is different than mine.

In America, we use the term "educated on a subject" in a way that's more akin to the dictionary definition: of having knowledge on a particular subject through study, which can be study at home on your own. It doesn't imply a sense of superiority, as anyone can take the time to study and learn a subject if truly desired.

Go ahead and think it's "cringey" if you want, but I guarantee you if you were to hear me speak it with the live inflection of a real voice this thought would have never crossed your mind.

It seems like I've had a lot of debates on this site recently that would have been easily resolved if I had recorded my voice. I think a lot of it has to do with cultural differences in assumed tones between Europeans and North Americans.
Either way it's still cringey