What's new

Perilous Plunge At Knotts Berry Farm to Close Sept 3rd

A101

Mega Poster
That's right, you heard me right. Knotts Berry Farm has said that they'll be closing their shoot-the-chutes classic Perilous Plunge on September 3rd, to make room for a future attraction, (to be announced soon.) Get your last rides in now, and let the speculation begin!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^That was Hydro too. These things are death-traps. :p

Got anything confirming this, or just word-of-mouth?

Intricks

Strata Poster
Im going to guess Facebook.

Too bad I wont get there till the end of October. Maybe Ill see this thing being taken down or something by then.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Yeah, and then they added the retarded 4 point harness which took 20 mins to load. Good to see it leaving, maybe that hyper/giga that's been rumored will finally show up (if this proves to be true that is).

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
I hope it's the rumoured giga they'll built!

I just have this really good feeling about the announcements being made at the moment, - I think it's going to be a very good coaster year!

Ethan

Strata Poster
Thats a shame. I have ridden Hydro and that drop was really fun! This must have been too. Anyway it'll make way for something nicer!

Jake

Strata Poster
It was fab, but Knotts managed to make it almost intolerable. One boat despite an hour long queue, and don't even get me started on the waterfall which was casually falling on the queue line.

Oh, and I know that Hydro only runs one boat too, but I think it's fair to say that Oakwood doesn't need the capacity that Knotts Berry Farm does...

I think the fact that it's a figure of eight shape really detracts from the look of the ride too.

800px-Perilous_Plunge.jpg

If you compare it to Hydro, where you get an unobstructed view of the drop, it's just a bit poo really:

picvieworiginal.asp

I know it's petty, but it's always annoyed me. Hydro is a lot better!

_koppen

Hyper Poster
I wonder were this ride will go in the future. Surely they won't just scrap it, rather than selling or relocating it.
It would do really great at something like Michigan's Adventure.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjjZGyYcH9E[/youtube]

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Jake said:
It was fab, but Knotts managed to make it almost intolerable. One boat despite an hour long queue, and don't even get me started on the waterfall which was casually falling on the queue line.

Oh, and I know that Hydro only runs one boat too, but I think it's fair to say that Oakwood doesn't need the capacity that Knotts Berry Farm does...

I think the fact that it's a figure of eight shape really detracts from the look of the ride too.

800px-Perilous_Plunge.jpg

If you compare it to Hydro, where you get an unobstructed view of the drop, it's just a bit poo really:

picvieworiginal.asp

I know it's petty, but it's always annoyed me. Hydro is a lot better!

Plus without that turn, you're less likely to end up with this:
up110700a.jpg

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I must be retarded, but I didn't see anything about this on KBF's FB page yesterday evening when I checked. Link?

Intricks

Strata Poster
You arent the only one Ian. I scoured their page and only found a reply to something that clearly got deleted.

Nic

Strata Poster
They might as well just get rid of the boomerang while they're at it, then they'll have a HUGE space to play with. If they were going to do that, it surely wouldn't take much to move the Top Spin out the way too. The boomerang was only open for like an hour in the morning when I was there, then closed (it presumably broke down). It's also vile. They should just get rid.

Mind you, I would've thought it'd make more sense to spend some cash on Ghostrider. Is it actually operating at the moment? It was very closed when I went, and it looked like it had been for a while.

bmac

Giga Poster
Ghost Rider needs Topper Track (or something relating to an overhaul) more than Knott's needs space.