What's new

Paultons Park | Tornado Springs | New Area | 2021

JoshC.

Strata Poster
It's a fair point, and it's certainly true that their lack of dark ride / good water isn't necessarily going to stop people coming.

But will another coaster with a couple of other filler rides really help bring more people in / get people to come back? Especially compared to, say, a well themed log flume, or a dark ride (especially a fun-for-all shooter)? I'm not so sure.

Towers is fine because of how big and well-known it is, but even then, they're slowly becoming a 'coaster park'. Paultons shouldn't stray into that direction imo.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Peppa Pig world opened 9 years ago this year, so kids that were 2-5 when it first opened are going to be hurtling toward their teenage years now and the spinner will be great for them, but the family might have had another kid since then that Peppa Pig is perfect for.

I think Paultons could be on to a winner if they manage to keep investment up and keep neighbours on side. If they can keep adding rides aimed at children, while also adding the odd thrill ride that should appeal to the older kids in the family, they could keep groups coming back for years. Fingers crossed this is part of plan like that, to transition to a proper family park, with rides for all ages.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
It's all well and good throwing around what sort of coaster they could get, but the fact of the matter is that - after Tornado Springs - the park desperately need a new water ride and a dark ride before they should consider another coaster.

If I was Chessington, I'd be significantly more worried at the day when Paultons adds a decent log flume or a shooting dark ride than 'just another coaster'.

Oh I agree - And was also thinking a good addition in the next few years would be something like a Hafema rapids ride - preferably with a whirlpool drop feature (to distinguish it from the other rapids in the UK!

additions like this and a moderate family thrill coaster (think Anubus/Heide/Troy/ Kuracho/ Alpina Blitz)

Although chessington need not 'worry' about Paultons - I hope they at least put on a bit of pressure in terms of quality.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Oh I agree - And was also thinking a good addition in the next few years would be something like a Hafema rapids ride - preferably with a whirlpool drop feature (to distinguish it from the other rapids in the UK!

additions like this and a moderate family thrill coaster (think Anubus/Heide/Troy/ Kuracho/ Alpina Blitz)

Although chessington need not 'worry' about Paultons - I hope they at least put on a bit of pressure in terms of quality.
I've said before that a rapids around Cobra with a Indian theme could look good, and Cobra wouldn't need to change its name.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
You only have to be a meter tall to ride storm chaser with an adult, dam good coaster for little ones.
View attachment 7774
Can we all just appreciate the lovely set of logo designs, each has it's own personality and fits the ride, but they also work together well. Love everything about this project. I would love to see what PP would do with a ride more aimed at adults (I know, I know it's not gonna happen). There seems to be alot of care and thought in everything here.

Niles

Giga Poster
There seems to be alot of care and thought in everything here.

There does appear to be passion behind this new land, its not just an ip or a basic theme, there is care and thought in everything they are doing. :)

For the future I think they will work on the left side of the park next, and yea a dark ride or water ride should be next before another coaster, if they remove their current log flume and work on that area next then a new water ride should come first.

Also looking at RCDB there is only Parc Saint Paul which has more Family/Thrill coasters without having an extreme coaster. So personally, the next coaster will be a Thrill one as they don’t need any more family ones, I think they are testing the waters with Tornado springs seeing if they can appeal to families with older kids, depending on how well it does will determine there next move. If the people want it then maybe something more extreme could come in the future.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Can we all just appreciate the lovely set of logo designs, each has it's own personality and fits the ride, but they also work together well. Love everything about this project. I would love to see what PP would do with a ride more aimed at adults (I know, I know it's not gonna happen). There seems to be alot of care and thought in everything here.

They all have a consistent colour palate and clear design guidelines. They've got them done properly.

InsomniaMelon

Mega Poster
There does appear to be passion behind this new land, its not just an ip or a basic theme, there is care and thought in everything they are doing. :)

For the future I think they will work on the left side of the park next, and yea a dark ride or water ride should be next before another coaster, if they remove their current log flume and work on that area next then a new water ride should come first.

Also looking at RCDB there is only Parc Saint Paul which has more Family/Thrill coasters without having an extreme coaster. So personally, the next coaster will be a Thrill one as they don’t need any more family ones, I think they are testing the waters with Tornado springs seeing if they can appeal to families with older kids, depending on how well it does will determine there next move. If the people want it then maybe something more extreme could come in the future.

I hope your prediction is correct. I still think there’s a reason they’ve left a space behind the Cyclonator and it’s at the back of the area. Could they build something more thrilling at the back of the area if it goes down well? I think they could make Cyclonator invert if they do an upgrade so it could be part of their plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayron7

Roller Poster
I hope your prediction is correct. I still think there’s a reason they’ve left a space behind the Cyclonator and it’s at the back of the area. Could they build something more thrilling at the back of the area if it goes down well? I think they could make Cyclonator invert if they do an upgrade so it could be part of their plan.

Possibly a hotel in the future?!

Matt N

CF Legend
Paultons almost seems to be growing the thrill level of its additions as its original target market grows; I'd personally say that from Peppa Pig World in 2011 to Tornado Springs in 2020, their themed installations do seem to be gradually growing in thrill level, so I don't think a major thrill ride is necessarily outside of the realms of possibility for them!

Niles

Giga Poster
Got to go to Paultons for my first theme park of the year, I had to take some pics of the new area ?

2E3C8758-C077-43C7-9B82-77A7259051E4.jpeg
9C3A7B9F-FB2E-486A-9659-035E97694278.jpeg
D9EB94DF-BB82-4929-8052-CA86332ABB78.jpeg2C4142AF-7AFF-40D2-B455-808AC9061E02.jpeg
53A0993D-266E-4A3F-9252-11906BB6A6EB.jpeg
379C1548-8C67-4100-A200-91E88CEF297A.jpeg
06CF9CF7-E600-4AC8-8B6E-A018C795E4CF.jpeg
07CA65AD-B644-4874-AC65-8304B7B73145.jpeg
I cannot wait to see this completed it is looking amazing so far, I hopefully will get out when tornado springs opens later this year. Going around the rest of the park it was well looked after and the queues were short.

I also got to see the cyclonenator test, it did one chill test run and then a pretty dam intense one? probably just seeing what it could do but is was going fast and high (was on a ride when it was going nuts so no pic ? ).
E0BCEA44-FFA5-4280-BBD8-0D46A185C475.jpeg
But in all we had a great day and cannot wait to be back ?

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Why have they used tarmac again?!

The whole area could look so good if they had themed flooring, anything other than more tarmac would of been welcome though to be honest.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Okay, so it turns out I'm flying out to LA on Friday for work. I'm going to see if I can fit Knott's Berry Farm in on the weekend. Looks like I'll be ticking off Sierra Sidewinder before this clone.

InsomniaMelon

Mega Poster
So, Sierra Sidewinder delivered far more than I thought it would (I rode it after Silver Bullet and Ghostrider). This is going to be a serious step up for the park, it's such a great investment.

Great news!

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I actually think Paultons' will be better too. The theming is better and the tri-track is more visually pleasing. This is of course, all subjective.