What's new

Paultons Park | Tornado Springs | New Area | 2021

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Here’s to hoping they get the flooring right. Lost Kingdom looks fantastic until you notice the harsh black tarmac floor. Fingers crossed this has themed flooring.

I never actually noticed it but now that I think about it I agree.

I think the area looks fantastic so far. My main hope is that the new restaurant has good quality food. The current standard of food in the park is pretty poor in my opinion and is the only real negative point that I can criticise the park for.

So excited for this new themed area anyway, I absolutely love paultons and how much they have been investing :D:D

InsomniaMelon

Mega Poster
I never actually noticed it but now that I think about it I agree.

I think the area looks fantastic so far. My main hope is that the new restaurant has good quality food. The current standard of food in the park is pretty poor in my opinion and is the only real negative point that I can criticise the park for.

So excited for this new themed area anyway, I absolutely love paultons and how much they have been investing :D:D

Yeah the food at Paultons isn’t the best, even compared to Merlin. I also wished they built an on-site hotel as many people would want to stay overnight if they’ve traveled far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Yeah the food at Paultons isn’t the best, even compared to Merlin. I also wished they built an on-site hotel as many people would want to stay overnight if they’ve traveled far.

They also need to work on public transport links as the last bus back to Southampton train station is way before park close ? and the first bus arriving to the park is way after park close, so you miss out on a big chunk of your day.

InsomniaMelon

Mega Poster
They also need to work on public transport links as the last bus back to Southampton train station is way before park close and the first bus arriving to the park is way after park close, so you miss out on a big chunk of your day.

Unfortunately, public transport is mostly out of their control and as most visitors are families, this isn’t a priority for them.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Unfortunately, public transport is mostly out of their control and as most visitors are families, this isn’t a priority for them.

It’s a shame they can’t run a shuttle bus or something of the like to and from the station. Anyway, it’s close enough for me to drive there from home and free parking is great. Just can imagine might be a struggle for foreign visitors to access the park by public transport, and as the park continues to expand, surely they will be looking to appeal to a wider market. (At the moment the current market works perfect for them but as the park develops more infrastructure, it’s going to attract more visitors from further afield etc....

At which point it makes sense to build an on-site hotel and turn the whole park and gardens into a holiday resort... a way off still though).

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
The Wickerman structure?
The Marmaliser?
The Swarm island?

The UK does have some high level theming, it’s just few and far between.
The Wickerman structure that's covered in green crap & very limited effects & crap screens?
Swarm Island of course Thorpe are good at disaster theming, the whole parks a disaster
Marmaliser isnt theming its a theming element and it rarely fully works anyhow

InsomniaMelon

Mega Poster
The Wickerman structure?
The Marmaliser?
The Swarm island?

The UK does have some high level theming, it’s just few and far between.

I haven’t seen the Wickerman structure so can’t talk about that.

The Marmaliser is a poor excuse for theming and was just a way of getting out of putting in proper physical theming.

The Swarm island may be good but it’s just an individual ride, as soon as you leave Swarm Island you could be on an industrial estate or a maintenance road, there is is nothing exciting about walking around Thorpe Park.

There are no themed areas in the UK that match the level of theming Paultons put into their areas and TS is no exception, in fact, it’s their best area yet.