What's new

Parque Warner Madrid | Gotham City Escape | Intamin Launch Coaster | 2023

Matt N

CF Legend
Wow, that’s some funky shaping!

Definitely very different to any top hat I’ve seen thus far; it’ll be interesting to see how this rides!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wow, that’s some funky shaping!

Definitely very different to any top hat I’ve seen thus far; it’ll be interesting to see how this rides!
As @CrashCoaster pointed out, this is reminiscent of GaleForce:

aahcfve

Matt N

CF Legend

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Having never been to WB Madrid I have no context for this ride and layout, do any of the footer boffins know if this is a swing-launch or a taron-launch multilauncher?

Indy

Hyper Poster
Having never been to WB Madrid I have no context for this ride and layout, do any of the footer boffins know if this is a swing-launch or a taron-launch multilauncher?
I haven't seen good enough site photos to make any intelligent guess, but I do love the mystery behind this. I'm dating myself here, but it's reminiscent of projects in the late 90s and early 2000s when you either had a lousy rendering from a project announcement or no rendering/announcement at all. In order to figure out what a ride would entail, we just had to wait and see as construction progressed.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I am inclined to say multilaunch like Taron/Taiga, since the top hat sits the furthest (normally preceded by a launch) from the station,but there is also a long concrete trough close to the station area, similar to the one found on Cheetah Hunt, meaning there should be at least 2 launch sections.

Even among the Spanish coaster community everyone is quite puzzled as to what this project will look like. People are connecting bits and pieces (well, footers, in this case) but besides rumours of elements, nothing is certain. It seems that PW is pulling a Phantasialand, being hush-hush about the project.

Now that the top hat is complete, even the community manager from Parque Warner has thrown a couple of digs at enthusiasts who follow the construction site daily.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Regular multi-launch style. First launch is following a right turn out of the station, pictured here.

Launches 2 and 3 are these rows of footers. Second launch (away from camera) takes you up the tophat, third launch (towards camera) gains some extra speed to get the train back to the brakes.
1657641652827.png

peep

CF Legend
I love it when we have no idea what the park is building and we have to guess things as it goes up, such a fun mystery! This is also shaping up to be very exciting, that top hat element on GaleForce is really fun so a larger version should be great.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
The one thing about this coaster that I haven’t seen discussed here is the theme. Uninfluenced by whatever conversations local enthusiasts are having, I'm convinced that we're looking at a Batman blitz here for two reasons.

One, Batman's hardly got a presence among the ride collection anymore. The Batman clone was re-themed for the 2017 season back when parks thought that VR overlays were going to be the next big thing. Thematically, the coaster is centered around Arkham Asylum to the point that Batman as a character is an afterthought and is still there for branding. Perfect opportunity to refresh a legacy character with a major ride.

Two, this is indeed a major ride, if not what's about to become their premiere attraction. It's well within the DC area and has the right color scheme. Given the size they won't be theming this to a second-tier character (Cyborg, Flash, King Shark). It sure as hell isn't going to be Wonder Woman. I doubt that Joker is in the cards. What else could it be?

Or they could just go ahead and theme this ride to everybody. Time will tell.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
The one thing about this coaster that I haven’t seen discussed here is the theme. Uninfluenced by whatever conversations local enthusiasts are having, I'm convinced that we're looking at a Batman blitz here for two reasons.

One, Batman's hardly got a presence among the ride collection anymore. The Batman clone was re-themed for the 2017 season back when parks thought that VR overlays were going to be the next big thing. Thematically, the coaster is centered around Arkham Asylum to the point that Batman as a character is an afterthought and is still there for branding. Perfect opportunity to refresh a legacy character with a major ride.

Two, this is indeed a major ride, if not what's about to become their premiere attraction. It's well within the DC area and has the right color scheme. Given the size they won't be theming this to a second-tier character (Cyborg, Flash, King Shark). It sure as hell isn't going to be Wonder Woman. I doubt that Joker is in the cards. What else could it be?

Or they could just go ahead and theme this ride to everybody. Time will tell.
It is going to be Batman-themed for sure. When the old Dark Knight simulator was torn down the only thing that was left was the batcave and Wayne mansion, which used to house the simulator's preshow and indoor queue. Since the station will be located there, it would make sense that they preserve the old theme.

cookie

Giga Poster
If it is Batman-themed, I wonder if it’s going to be sport a generic Batman look or if they’re going to draw from one of the films. The Aquaman nighttime show is clearly based on the movie, so it’s not like they’re barred from using the movie versions of the DC characters if they so please. A theme based on Matt Reeves’s The Batman would be pretty cool and relevant.

JFranks

Mega Poster
It actually has a decent amount of trims, but given the closed shape of the top hat I believe there is a pretty solid ejector at least on front and back rows, so I have faith the trims won’t ruin the experience as much as abyssus does for example.

JFranks

Mega Poster
1658000522461.png
btw this is how it looks without the cranes, I lowkey love this thing, and it´s just how I wanted it to be. It has a kinda closed shape just like velocicaster unlike pantheon or toutatis (Not getting technical in the forces each element delivers). I don't know if this is just me but I think this top hat will combine the amazing look of velocicoaster with the great sensations of pantheon´s or Toutatis´s (will have to see how those trims act and if they take a lot from the experience).

Image Credit:

Matt N

CF Legend
I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, but I have to say that the top hat frames the shot towers within it quite beautifully in that shot; the shot towers are almost directly in the centre!

oriolat2

Giga Poster
It was totally intentional. This coaster is meant to be the park's star attraction and icon for the next decade.

IMO they could have blended the track a bit more (like Stealth) not to clash so much with the white towers in the backdrop but I guess I will get used to it.

bratcurry

Mega Poster
Here's a first fan interpretation of how the layout could unfold based on the first foundations:

I hope it's not accurate whatsoever since it lacks any excitement. It only ever goes straight apart from some banking and the top hat. If this was the final product, it would be boring asf.

JFranks

Mega Poster
Here's a first fan interpretation of how the layout could unfold based on the first foundations:

I hope it's not accurate whatsoever since it lacks any excitement. It only ever goes straight apart from some banking and the top hat. If this was the final product, it would be boring asf.
That has nothing to do with the actual coaster and it was just made up. Though I wouldn't expect a velocicoaster here, I think it will definitely be different and more elaborated (obviously given that Intamin has a big team of experts to make their signature attractions) so don't judge based on that POV.

cookie

Giga Poster

That interpretation is nonsensical and clearly isn’t going to be the actual thing. I think it’s still far too early to draw any definitive conclusions on the coaster’s layout.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
I think that looks awesome, personally! Lots of nice twists and turns, and some interesting looking inversions!

Admittedly, the negative g-forces are a little lower than I’d have perhaps expected from an Intamin if the video is accurate (never hits -1G according to the video), but I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing; I think it’ll be a really good, fun coaster!