What's new

Parque Warner Madrid | Gotham City Escape | Intamin Launch Coaster | 2023

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think that looks awesome, personally! Lots of nice twists and turns, and some interesting looking inversions!

Admittedly, the negative g-forces are a little lower than I’d have perhaps expected from an Intamin if the video is accurate (never hits -1G according to the video), but I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing; I think it’ll be a really good, fun coaster!
Matt - that video is about as meaningful as this one as a representation of how this Parque Warner coaster is going to be:

CineramaMax

Mega Poster
Whoever isn't expecting this to be an IP is going to be sorely disappointed. The park is literally themed to Warner Bros, and that's absolutely fine. It's a studio park.

JFranks

Mega Poster
Whoever isn't expecting this to be an IP is going to be sorely disappointed. The park is literally themed to Warner Bros, and that's absolutely fine. It's a studio park.
Yeah none of the rides in the entire park (even the smaller flat rides) aren't themed to any Warner bros IP

UP87

Mega Poster
Haven't visited the park by now so I might've missed something but... Stunt Fall, Coaster Express and Cataratas Salvajes are not themed to any IP. So the list already includes two coasters... I still expect an IP for the new one.

Btw did you know that "Coaster-Express at Parque Warner is the tallest and longest roller coaster in Europe, with a total length of 1,250 metres" [source]

emoo

Hyper Poster
You know I'm starting to think this won't be themed to Thomas and bunnies after all but would have been par the course had it gone ahead.

JFranks

Mega Poster
Haven't visited the park by now so I might've missed something but... Stunt Fall, Coaster Express and Cataratas Salvajes are not themed to any IP. So the list already includes two coasters... I still expect an IP for the new one.

Btw did you know that "Coaster-Express at Parque Warner is the tallest and longest roller coaster in Europe, with a total length of 1,250 metres" [source]
Coaster express was themed to the wild wild west, hence the old name.I think Rio bravo is more of the same, but this ride is in the DC area which of course has to have an IP to make sense.

UP87

Mega Poster
@JFranks Yeah, had Rio Bravo on that list first, as well. It's a really generic western name. But their homepage links it to an old movie of that name. So it's an IP ride :D

JFranks

Mega Poster
So we have a top hat, wave turn and a spike. All we need now is a stall and an outer-bank turn and we'll have a full house on Intamin Blitz bingo 🤞
There’s a high chance we are getting the bingo hahaha. The 0g stall has to go over the bridge there is not many other elements that can go there. Also rumours say it has an outer bank. Can’t wait to see the final result!!!

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Screenshot_2022-07-21_at_07-51-34_Google_Maps15.png

EDIT: VERY rough guess as to how the rest of the layout might play out:
Screenshot_2022-07-21_at_07-51-34_Google_Maps17.png

EDIT 2: Bullgod why did you post the laughing emoji? This is entirely serious. Granted my prediction's likely WAYYYY off the mark, but....

Last edited:

Headbreakone

Roller Poster
Your guess ignores the already known start of the coaster, which will be by the other side of the building. And also all the known footers and trenches around the area which is at the top left of that photo.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Your guess ignores the already known start of the coaster, which will be by the other side of the building
Wait did they already build the start? I was just going off a photo earlier in the thread taken at ground level that put the station at where I have it. Yeah you can throw out my guess - it's inaccurate. I was mainly going off the TikTok drawing from Page Five.

Headbreakone

Roller Poster
Wait did they already build the start? I was just going off a photo earlier in the thread taken at ground level that put the station at where I have it. Yeah you can throw out my guess - it's inaccurate. I was mainly going off the TikTok drawing from Page Five.
The start will be out of the small gap between the bigger and the smallest part of the building and as of today we can guess it will inmediately cross the pathway. Then there are known footers and at least a trench in that paved area by the top left of the photo as I said.

This is the start. Photos are not brand new, but the perspective is more clear to give the idea than the one shared today.
Some more pictures of current progress on the site: Source
View attachment 17939
View attachment 17941

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Supports for the first launch and some new track installed:

1658710846573.png

Not sure if it was mentioned before (assume it was), but here's the launch track for the first launch. With the LSM stators centered on the track, it's likely that this will use the first generation LSM trains (Red Fire, Nefeskesen, Sandy's Bronco, etc.) as opposed to the new ones.
1658710878008.png