What's new

Parks that have disappointed

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Which parks have left you feeling disappointed or underwhelmed?

For me, the main park I found disappointing is Efteling. Ever since becoming an enthusiast it has been a park that most people rave about being some magical fairy wonderland, with some amazing fairytale forest.
Do not get me wrong, Efteling has some fantastic rides for example Joris and Flying Dutchman. However I did not find the park magical at all. I found the dark ride that isn't a cred rather underwhelming. Then comes the worst bit of all, the fairytale forest! It is simply awful. I remember saying on the live that I thought this park was going to be magical place but in reality it is full of kids chasing coins, that fly out of a donkey's arse. The fairytales you walk through and look at are dull. There I said it.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
HOLIDAY WORLD! (fight me) I cant really recall any other park that suffered so much to me due to the HYPE machine.... So... MEH (based off a visit in 2005)

Edward M

Strata Poster
Six Flags Great Adventure was my worst day at a park, so I want to get back there for a (hopefully) better visit.
Thorpe Park really disappointed me; I just simply was expecting more. I really have absolutely no desire to go back since the whole place was mostly lifeless without any great rides.
Coney Island in NYC just bummed me out. There wasn't much substance, and the whole area just seemed a bit sad to me.
Busch Gardens Tampa wasn't nearly as well themed as I was expecting. It's always been very hyped up, so it was a let down. Luckily, the coasters made up for that mostly.
Lastly, I must say Dollywood. Lightning Rod is amazing, so so amazing, and the park is undoubtedly charming and nice. However, it lacks the charm and uniqueness of Silver Dollar City. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it just lacked something.

TilenB

Strata Poster
One word, PortAventura. The park itself is really nicely landscaped with loads of nice areas, but I think their current management is just sending the whole place down the drain. One train operations that make the queues exceed one hour, seat assignment, which results in staff members yelling at you for getting into the back row instead of second-to-back which was apparently meant for you (I have no idea why that was such a problem, but there are certainly nicer ways of getting the message across). All in all, probably the most disappointing single park day I've had so far, if not even the worst as well.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
One word, PortAventura. The park itself is really nicely landscaped with loads of nice areas, but I think their current management is just sending the whole place down the drain. One train operations that make the queues exceed one hour, seat assignment, which results in staff members yelling at you for getting into the back row instead of second-to-back which was apparently meant for you (I have no idea why that was such a problem, but there are certainly nicer ways of getting the message across). All in all, probably the most disappointing single park day I've had so far, if not even the worst as well.

That's such a shame... it's a great park when it's run well. I had noticed the ride ops were a little aggressive at times. I'm entitled to a disabled pass and they can often hurry you on to the ride a bit abruptly. Considering it's only disabled riders that use the exit queue you'd think they might be a bit more patient!

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Honestly, Cincinnati Coney Island. For a park with such a large history, you'd expect something more than a single coaster that's pretty much crap.