What's new

Parks that desperately need a new coaster

TJH

Roller Poster
Every theme park lover gets very excited every time a park announces a major coaster. But can you think of any parks that need one more than others?

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
'Any park'

Uh, I'd say Epcot at Walt Disney World, just because its the only park at WDW without a coaster and Disney could easily add a pseudo 'educational' overly to the Toy Story lands found at both Paris and Hong Kong and do some sort of 'Science in the Park' crap.... Just toss up a half pipe, the mini para tower, and the Himalaya. - https://sabrinalieberman74.files.wordpr ... 104888.jpg - but with an 'Epcot-y' theme.

BrownsFan1029

Roller Poster
The one that I truly believe needs a new coaster is Michigan's Adventure. The last coaster they got was a relocated SLC... If they don't get a notable ride other than Shivering Timbers, they're destined to go out of business.

ignace

Mega Poster
Moviepark Germany. One of the leading parks in Germany, their best coaster is about 20 feet high.

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ I thought you were going to say Bobbejaanland. Both of these seem dismally poor in their own coaster retrospect...

BrownsFan1029 said:
The one that I truly believe needs a new coaster is Michigan's Adventure. The last coaster they got was a relocated SLC... If they don't get a notable ride other than Shivering Timbers, they're destined to go out of business.

Does it have any competition, though? There doesn't seem to be anything near that would lure their costumers away, hence why they basically don't bother installing anything new...

ignace

Mega Poster
TilenB said:
^ I thought you were going to say Bobbejaanland. Both of these seem dismally poor in their own coaster retrospect...

True, but when Bobbejaanland builds a new coaster (this won't happen the next few years), it will be crap anyway so no thanks :D.

ignace

Mega Poster
Pink Panther said:
Apart from a family coaster, Parque Warner Madrid haven't got anything since they opened 13 years ago.

This park already has an amazing collection, one of Europe's best. The woodie is not too fast or high to scare away familys. I think this collection is just fine, almost perfect actually.

nealbie

CF Legend
Chessington. Anything new would be nice as it's been sooooooooooooo long since "Wild" Asia, but a decent family coaster would be lovely. Or maybe just some more themed bins, I miss those, what happened to them?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Great Escape and Lake Compounce. Nothing in over a decade.

Epcot also could use a coaster.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Typical thing to do is post about a theme park you've just got back from so that's what I'm going to do ;)

Parque de Atracciones de Madrid has a nice range of coasters, couple of kiddy things, a staple mine train, a wild mouse, and a couple of 'bigger' rides for those more daring but it needs something more...something deeper, it lacks a world class coaster, the other Madrid park, Parque Warner has 1.5 (I'm counting Batman as a half, it's excellent...but not exceptional), PdAdM needs an exceptional coaster.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Pink Panther said:
Apart from a family coaster, Parque Warner Madrid haven't got anything since they opened 13 years ago.

They got a Mack Youngstar named 'Correcaminos Bip-Bip' in 2009. No matter how nice their coaster collection is, I think it's about time they build another one for adults, or at least something more elaborate than a Mack clone...

I'll bring up my home park, Tibidabo. They only have 2 coasters (1 if you don't want to count the powered one). The last one was added in 2008 and it's good, but the park is lacking some serious compact thrills like a ZacSpin or something.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
^ I didn't read the post from Pink Panther that you've quoted.

Parque Warner has got Superman which is amazing, but yeah they probably do need something newer, I didn't realise it was that old! An accelerator of some sort would fit in beautifully.

Darren B

Giga Poster
-Pleasure Beach, Blackpool. Although I doubt Amanda will ever build anything in the near future. To think their last 'new' coaster was the Big One in 1994.

-Chessington needs something for sure.

-Merlin need to build a DECENT coaster at both AT and Thorpe. 2006 since the last 'notably good' coaster?

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Drayton is desperate for a new thrill coaster. If they can build a good one they will be real dangerous to Alton Towers. Chessington is very mediocre right now in my opinion, certainly not worth the standard admission price, and it is desperate for a high capacity and substantial family coaster.

insanecoastervids

Hyper Poster
GuyWithAStick said:
Great Escape and Lake Compounce. Nothing in over a decade.

Epcot also could use a coaster.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Lake Compounce is adding another one of those Superman launch coaster clones.