What's new

Parks that are in decline

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster
Even in a period of growth and prosperity for theme parks, Every now and then a big park suffers a year in decline which can hurt the exciting new attractions and current attractions that are there,
I would say Seaworld but they have posted some growth recently

What are some parks that are suffering from decline, in attendance, so we can book those tickets before it is a relic of the past.

RIP to the parks that don't make it out.

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
Everland was once declined in low attendence in August because of reallllly hot weathet in Korea.
According to one visitor ride operator didn't let him take off from T Express for several laps and other rides are walk on
20 out of 30 days in August had 10- minute wait on T Express all day

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I would not be at all surprised if Elitch Gardens or Magic Springs permanently closed. although neither really have competition so they have no reason to not pull at least a local crowd.
And while I haven't been yet, I won't be shocked when OWA doesn't last.

Edward M

Strata Poster
I would not be at all surprised if Elitch Gardens or Magic Springs permanently closed. although neither really have competition so they have no reason to not pull at least a local crowd.
And while I haven't been yet, I won't be shocked when OWA doesn't last.

As someone who’s been to OWA, it was perhaps the deadest I’ve ever seen a park. It’s near a popular beach, but I don’t see many tourists going here instead of a water park, especially when it’s 95 degrees out. Magic Springs deserves to fail, foul place.

rob666

Hyper Poster
Old git report...
Belle Vue Manchester,
Corrigans Fleetwood,
Camelot Chorley,
Frontierland Morecambe,
Pleasureland (half resurrected) Southport.
All within thirty miles of my home.

Count the decades of coastereering in dead local parks.
Just call me Jonah.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Conneaut Lake is a park that seems very much moribund. I would be surprised if it’s still in operation five years from now.

Someone else mentioned Lake Compounce — that park was packed when I went last year. And they got a new coaster recently.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Oakwood seems to be hanging on by a thread at the moment, I think that Welsh weekender that the ECC do is probably the most profitable event of the season for them haha.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Honestly I'd say every park in the UK with the exception of Paultons? Declining at very different rates in different ways though...

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'll echo Michigan's Adventure. It really needs some love.
http://forums.coasterforce.com/thre...ns-un-adventure-and-grand-rapids.42375/page-3

Umm, no.

While the park might not be so great.... It does happen to be home to one of the greatest coasters ever built. I would be fighting some people if it meant saving my beloved Dash.
Yep. Compounce is doing quite alright for themselves, and I'll be in that picket line ready to fight people if BDash is ever in jeopardy.

Matt N

CF Legend
Ouch! They just got a new coaster, they can’t be that bad off!
I'd personally say that park numbers have been increased quite substantially since the installation of Wicker Man, and I still see the magic in Alton Towers just as much as I ever did! However, numbers were really low between 2015 and 2017 following the Smiler crash in June 2015.

Pear

Strata Poster
About Compounce:

Yes Boulder Dash is great but I was more referring to the horrible state of operations at the park. Slow ops with 1 train on BD and Wildcat when Wildcat was retracked with the intent of running 2 trains. Also after 2 years of retracking Wildcat isn't that much better. They also without any notice removed the chairlift (which I'm still upset about) and still haven't even announced if there would be a replacement or not. The free drinks are also gone but I suppose that's more due to guest behavior than the park.

Phobia is a great new addition but they really should have spent the 22 million on something else. The regenerative braking is neat but the amount of money they dumped into that is absurd.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Honestly I'd say every park in the UK with the exception of Paultons? Declining at very different rates in different ways though...

I'd say Towers, Thorpe and Pleasure Beach are doing okay, that's considering the whole Smiler debacle was only 3 years ago. Not quite faded out of public memory just yet, but I reckon the public are coming back around thanks to recent investments.