What's new

Parc Asterix |"Oz'Iris"| B&M Invert

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: "Unknown", B&M Invert for Parc Asterix

mouse said:
And where's the new coaster?

What do you mean, this whole forum is about it!

And if you mean where abouts in the park, it's near the Log Flume and toboggan coaster I believe.

In my opinion it's not a zero g roll, theres already one behind the station so I think the strange inversion is designed to be like a wingover.

mouse

Giga Poster

Oh sorry, I OBVIOUSLY didn't know what park it was at.

D1993

Hyper Poster

this is just looking better and better! It looks so delicious! haha

peep

CF Legend

I swear every update somehow increases the excitement level for this coaster. It's going to be amazing, I just hope they add a decent amount of theming to the area as their other coasters don't really have much in the way of theming.

bob_3_

Giga Poster

Which is why this is *not* a zero G roll. To achieve zero-g, the rider must travel in a parabolic curve. On an inverted coaster, this means that the top of the track must be flat - Katun is a perfect example:

You're kind of right. If you're talking about old-school zero-g rolls. They're very differently shaped to the newer ones. Have a look at Black Mamba's and Phaethon's. The rotational roll is alot more drawn out and it holds the 0g part for longer. It's hard to explain really but I learnt alot about the changes in B&M shaping over the years by making shapes using Newton2.

Another example of this progression in shaping is to compare old-school B&M hyper hills to the newer ones. They've shorted the length of time it takes to transfer from +g to 0g which means it can actually hold that 0g for a longer time. Similar principle.

Basically, it's a zero-g. (if you're on about the one behind the station) not sure what the other crazy inversion is called zero-over?

Oh and P.S.

image.php

Amazing.

A

Anonymous

Why not post one of the completed one...

image.php

Also I'm beginning to think that the first twist is more of a wing over and the second one is the zero-g, it do however also have some strange lateral movements between the entrance and exit...

image.php

Watch more at: http://www.potionmagix.fr/forumix/post44718.html#p44718

D1993

Hyper Poster

ive said it a million times, but really ...... I REALLY HEART B&M

marc

CF Legend

Every update just makes this coaster look better and better.

iblamefish

Roller Poster

bob_3_ said:
You're kind of right. If you're talking about old-school zero-g rolls. They're very differently shaped to the newer ones. Have a look at Black Mamba's and Phaethon's. The rotational roll is alot more drawn out and it holds the 0g part for longer. It's hard to explain really but I learnt alot about the changes in B&M shaping over the years by making shapes using Newton2.

Cool - I'll be looking forwards to seeing how these feel! My only experience of a B&M invert zero-g is Nemesis and Nemesis: Inferno. The second zero-g (behind the station) is more like the shape I'd expect though :)

bob_3_ said:
Oh and P.S.

image.php

Amazing.

SEX ON A STICK!

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

What a great layout! :--D

I really like the (possibly high speed) turns close to the ground which will make this ride awesome from the front seat...

Thinking of the trim:

Raptor (Gardaland) has a trim a little while after the flat spin, although you can hear it, it makes no difference to the ride!

Martyn B

CF Legend

That second zero-g just looks wrong. It starts as if its going to flip over towards the right, but then shifts in the opposite direction!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

This is by far my favorite B&M invert layout. It's better than Afterburn, Patriot, and Black Mamba. The pacing is going to make or break the ride though, as Marcus said.

I need to get to France sometime soon.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

For the whole zero-g thing:

I've got no clue of the physics of the things (and frankly I don't care), but the newer styles are sooooooooooo much better than the old ones. I'm thinking Phaethon and Patriot here, which have the more rounded versions and actually do what they're supposed to; there's an amazing floating feeling going right the way through them.

Any other zero g I've tried on an invert just fails at what it's supposed to do since it usually just snaps you through it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^This. **** intensity, I was it to have perfect floater and glorious rotation.

Patriot's zero-g = <3 <3 <3

I just hope this is like Patriot's...