What's new

Parc Asterix new ride for 2019 (B&M flyer rumours)

balrog

Mega Poster
Looks like there is no thread yet for what is now one of the hottest topics on french forums.
This is what we know :

- Parc Asterix anounced a 100M€ investment plan for the 2017-2020 time period. Half of it being dedicated to hotels.
- Parc Asterix also anounced a new big ride for the 30th aniversary in 2019.
- Last year, the park conducted an opinion survey on 3 rides : A greek themed family Gerslauer (now being built), an egyptian themed Huss Top Spin, and a norse themed B&M flying coaster.

Speculations revolve mostly around the top spin for 2018 and the flying for 2019. Some predict a large dark ride instead of the roller coaster.

The park last thrill ride was OzIris in 2012, while a family coaster is set to open in june. The last two years saw the addition of a new kid area and a Zamperla disc'o.

peep

CF Legend
I saw a lot of speculation recently that they'll remove Goudurix to make room for the B&M flyer but I can't see that being the case seeing as they've invested a fair amount of money into it the last few years (track re-work etc). I think a new dark ride is a good possibility or a re-theme/update of an existing area. Excited to see what they choose to do either way.

balrog

Mega Poster
Well, they really don't need to remove Goudurix. There is still plenty of space left around the viking themed area.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I really love what the park did with Oziris (its theming approach, layout and the surrounding area)* and I'd love to see what they could do with a similar coaster that size.

*Might all be the same for the rest of the park idk

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Hmmm whilst a flyer would no doubt be amazing I can't help but feel that asterix would be better off getting something like a Mack mega or a newer vekoma. Think that an invert and a flyer are a little too similar in terms of ride experience and a nice thrill coaster with lap bars would diversify the line up a bit more.