What's new

Parc Astèrix - New cred 2016?

Martyn B

CF Legend
Parc Astèrix put up this on Facebook today:

"SOS Numèrobis Getting back on the right track. Discover the new route from April 2nd 2016"

It looks like the cred has been completely removed, meaning a new one is on it's way?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I think there were rumors of it being a Gerst. Family Launch ala Firechaser Express? If it comes to light, that'd be fab.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ That's the 2017/18 project, this is just a kiddie cred that's going to be ready for April 2016.

Could be that the track is being refurbed, or they're doing a Plopsa and getting a new copy of the old coaster.

peep

CF Legend
Yeah my thoughts went to what Plopsaland did. Soooooo weird.

But yeah, yay for +1!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Martyn B

CF Legend
The Parc has confirmed new track, new journey and more speed!

I'm surprised they're keeping the name the same, if they're going to to this much effort (installing a new coaster an a...), they should at least go full whack on it being a new experience.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Well unfortunately it looks like it's just a retrack with the same layout. Doesn't look like Zierer track though...

Also doesn't look it's quite ready yet, this pic was taken on 30th March.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yeah defo. The entire track and support set up has been replaced.

Looks like it's been made by a different manufacturer too, unless Zierer have new track.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Was at the park on Friday, lovely quiet day for a change! New cred still isn't ready though. Track work looks complete but there's no train in sight.

Spite.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Did you find Zeus to be insanely rough too? I have a lot of love for that coaster, but **** ing hell it needs like new trains or retracking!