What's new

ORP wedding proposal

Nic

Strata Poster
A man has used an ORP taken on Millennium Force at Cedar Point to propose to his girlfriend

tDnEUnF.jpg

The groom-to-be said:
I had the 'marry me?' shirt on underneath a button-up shirt. I modified the shirt with neodymium magnets so I could open and close it super fast. I also had the ring hidden in my pocket. I opened the shirt for the photo and then closed it as soon as we got out of the tunnel. We walked down to the photo booth and I walked behind her. When she saw our picture she turned around and I got down on one knee. Barely made it through my proposal -- she said 'yes' and lots of tears were shed from both of us.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/2 ... 36773.html

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Groom to be? Goon to be surely? Harhar!

I'd have said no on the principle that anyone who uses the term neodymium magnets rather than just magnets is a bit too special ;)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It looks like the girl has a slashed throat.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I don't personally want to get married but I decided that if I did I would find a cool way to propose on a coaster. Some of the ones I had:

*Take her on SheiKra/Griffin/Oblivion and on the path that can be seen from the coaster write the words "Marry Me?" on the sidewalk in chalk in huge letters.
*Take her on a tall coaster and have the ride ops stop it at the top an propose to her when she thinks the ride got stuck. Doubt they'd do it but it would be cool.
*Take her on Dragster and ask her moments before the launch and get the ring out of your pocket on the brakes.

Translation: Glad I'm not the only one to have this idea! Love that he did it one favorite coaster, too!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Lofty said:
Ugh. Dickhead. What happened to getting on one knee?! Ha.

What happened to drunken, mid-shag and you'd forgotten about it the next morning and only found out two weeks later when the venue was booked? ;)

LG95

Roller Poster
Proposing on amusement park rides seems to be a new craze recently.

I can think of at least two cases in the last few years where a man used ORP to propose to his girlfriend. Loggers Leap at Thorpe is one..not to sure on the other.

Arnold_8

Roller Poster
I am also searching for cool wedding venues. It should be located with fully tented outdoor beachfront with unobstructed views of the ocean. I think having beach view is the most popular venue for weddings. It looks amazing too. Many of my friends chose such location for their wedding party.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Arnold_8 said:
I am also searching for cool wedding venues. It should be located with fully tented outdoor beachfront with unobstructed views of the ocean. I think having beach view is the most popular venue for weddings. It looks amazing too. Many of my friends chose such location for their wedding party.

And would you be able to recommend such a place perhaps? Or a company willing to point us in the right direction?

Would you like to buy a kitchen?

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
That is so cool...and cheesy haha.

He had to be a goon to know the restraint wouldn't cover his shirt, to know he'd be able to open his shirt, to know where the camera is and to know he would be able to button his shirt up after. Such a gooooooooon. :p