What's new

Olympia Looping for Wienna Prater

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
There's a rumour going about ECC (originally from a German fan site) that Olympia Looping will be taking up residency in Prater until August, before going out to Oktoberfest again. No idea what the long term plans are but it's not the worst option available if it were to end up in Vienna permanently.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Oooh, that's certainly interesting! Although I can't see where they have a plot of land sufficiently big to host such a big ride, but it makes quite some sense. Barth can keep the ownership, have the ride operate for a longer period of time in the same location and still have it near enough to bring to Oktoberfest.

S

SimonSays99

Read the same thing on various german theme park sites - and its no longer a rumor. The construction is Vienna has already begun - so I guess we can see it running in 2-3 weeks. I guess they want it up for the Easter holidays. It's marketed as the "The Ride for 250 years of Prater". OL will be there all summer but will return to Germany for Oktoberfest.

What is still a rumor that OL will go aside from Oktoberfest to Skyline Park near Munich after the Thriller deal fell trough. Maybe - and thats only my five cents - Skyline Park and Prater could host the coaster in alternating years.

With this in mind I may do a short trip to Vienna this June to get my OL fix this year... :wink:

Source: http://www.parkerlebnis.de/olympia-loop ... 20695.html

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ From what I've read on some German forums, OL is returning to the fair circuit in 2017. No idea what comes after that, but Skyline Park has been pretty ambitious with their projects with Maurer AG lately, so I can hardly see them hosting OL for the summers. But you never know what might come...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Mysterious Sue said:
No idea what the long term plans are but it's not the worst option available if it were to end up in Vienna permanently.
It's not long term and certainly not permanent. It's strictly for the park's 250th anniversary this year.
Here's another more recent photo. It should be completed in no time. It's not like they haven't done this hundreds of times before. :wink:

10264225_473266129535196_984961616474558472_o.jpg

S

SimonSays99

^Well if they want OL up for Easter they have about a week left :--D