What's new

Old Town - Florida - Renovation

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Thank **** we rode them in the summer hey? :p

This is, I suppose, sad news but lets be honest the place was in need of some TLC...and some shade </3

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I was going to mention Windstorm in the 'Coasters due for the wrecking ball' topic because that thing really needed to go.
I won't be surprised if they forgo on any new coasters (or other rides) tbh. With Fun Spot next door and by removing the fence between the two, I think they will concentrate on making Old Town a tourist attraction without any amusement rides instead of competing with their well-established neighbor. Removing the Ferris Wheel and carousel doesn't really make much sense if they're simply going to add other amusement rides in the place of the old ones.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
^Windstorm was terrible!

I agree that they probably won't add anymore rides as even though Fun Spot USA isn't as good as Fun Spot America, it is still much better than the ride area of Old Town was.
One of my favourite things about Old Town was the A&W root beer, I love that stuff!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yeah this place was a dump, so no loss really.

Whilst Fun Spot next door is hardly world class, it is neat, tidy and well presented. Something Old Town's rides were not!