What's new

NoLimits 2!

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Uncle Arly said:
They've said from the beginning they would. It's jus a question of when.

Actually, no they didn't.

They've always stuck to, if its cost effective for them / is there a need for it. Now they've changed their tune.

Nolimits said:
When will the Mac version of NoLimits 2 come out?

At this point, we are still considering bringing out a Mac version. We haven't confirmed a Mac version yet, and need to first figure out if a Mac version will make sense and how large the expenses will be and how much effort it will take to do the port.

Source: http://nolimitscoaster.de/index.php?page=faq#whenmac2

VooDoDe

Roller Poster
Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you all know I will be hosting a series of NL 2 Contests. They will run as long as there is interest and a decent number of competitors. Just posting in here for anyone who hasn't checked the contest section recently. viewtopic.php?f=62&t=37886

Miguel

Roller Poster
I have a Question: How can I put more trains in a close circuit roller coaster in the transfer tracks without appearing one on the lift section? :?: :|

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
The lift is a block, and a block is where a train stays until the next block is clear. The best way to remove this is to either:

a) Remove a train.

or b) Add a block before the station, or add a Mid-Course Brake Run.

Hope that helps!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Sorry for the Double-Post, but the latest update came out, and it included lots of new scenery stuff like:

-New Flat Rides(S&S AND Intamin Drop Towers, HUSS Giant Frisbee, etc)

-Pre-fab Giga Box supports

-New trees & plants

-Other new scenery

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Does anyone have a copy of the NL2 installer they could send me? I've just moved on to a new computer and can't seem to find either a link on the NL2 website or the file on my old hard-drive somewhere...

EDIT: Scratch that, found it in my historical backups.

VooDoDe

Roller Poster
Odd question, but is anyone running this game on a 8800 GTX, and if so, how does it run? I've been playing around with NL2 again recently and it's come to my attention just how poorly the game runs on the laptop I've been using (i3 370m, first-gen intel HD graphics, 4GB RAM) and I'm wondering if this old system I have with a Core 2 Duo, 8800 GTX, and 2 GB of RAM will run it any better.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I'm afraid not. Probably too specific for someone here to be able to help you out. Why don't you just give it a go?

- - - - - - - - - -
Personal question from me now:

I'm finding the menus really bugging out (they're lagging and sometimes unresponsive), and I'm unable to exit the editor properly. I click "File>Leave Editor" (or press Alt+X) and nothing happens but the whole screen locks up, however if I then Alt-Tab out of NL2 and then back in, I'm back in the main menu.

All very strange and quite frustrating. The menus are really annoying me, it's everything - the main menu, help menus, editor buttons, everything. I'll my other games are running perfect, so it's definitely just NL2, and it's only started happening after this update.

I haven't really come across any comments on Steam or reddit though, so not sure if it's just me? Although Colossus' comment in the competition forum would seem to suggest he's been having trouble too. Anyone else having trouble? And better yet, know a fix outside of hoping that the NL2 team release an update to patch it soon.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Yeah I ran the update last night just to finish up my contest entry.

So I load the file up and the colours of the borders which are meant to be blue, now flash red? It does this whenever I move the camera, and also when I play it in pov.
It is highly frustrating, I changed the colour of my track to orange and it starting flashing blue?
It dosent happen if the colours are black, grey, white etc, just the brighter colours?
I'm not having the problems your having Hixee, all my menus are working fine, which is odd, you would think all our problems would be almost one and the same?

Its all vary weird and vary annoying?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Is that happening on all your tracks, or just the one for this current round of the competition? If the latter, send me a file that's causing you trouble (not your comp entry at the moment) and I'll see how it runs on my machine.

My best guess is that there's a few issues with the update that manifest themselves differently on everyone's machine (depending on hardware, other software installed, etc).

Colossus

Giga Poster
It's happening on all them, PM me your e-mail and I'll sent you over the file from the giga round.
The track and station which is should be yellow, turns blue, and the other ride in that file should be blue, but it turns red?
Just have a look around the park and see what it does for you?
Equally if want me to try one of yours I'm happy to do so?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Couldn't see any of the colour changing problems that you are describing... :?

Colossus

Giga Poster
Hmm, odd.

Must be as you say, different problems for different machines?

Did the file load okay or did it have the same menu problems as yours?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
All the menus were still misbehaving on mine.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Just an FYI to Colossus (and anyone else that might have been having problems), the new update that came through this morning has fixed all the problems I was having with the menus.

I suggest updating ASAP and checking. If not, submit a report to the NL2 team.