What's new

NL Competition 7 2013 - Bigger is Better!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
l7cra5j1c182ilg0009oo0.jpg

gujc30963r200017j03d8m.jpg

Recently, wooden roller coasters have pushed the limits of what was thought possible with faster pacing, more intense elements, higher forces, inversions, etc. Now it's your turn to showcase just how bat **** crazy wooden roller coasters can really be.

Rules:
-No tools
-No 3Ds
-At least ONE (1) part of your ride must be above the pink line (198ish feet)

Ctrl+g and iSmooth are encouraged. Feel free to add terrain and water features! Judging criteria is the same:

Technique - 10 points
Realism - 10 points
Originality - 10 points
Adrenaline - 10 points
Aesthetics - 5 points
User ratings - 10 points

Total - 55 points

Due date: July 26th, 2013

Please send all tracks with your USERNAME to marcantinossi [at] gmail [dot] com.

Template download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rj047 ... p7.nltrack

Good luck to those competing! If anybody has any questions, ask in the topic.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
To clarify some possible questions, I don't care what manufacturer your ride is styled after. You can build RMC, Intamin, Gravity Group, RCCA(the company that built Son of Beast), CCI...whatever. Also, I don't care if your supports are wood or steel superstructure. Inversions are not mandatory nor is there a limit to how many one can have. This contest is pretty open and up to you.

Xpress

Strata Poster
So to get this straight, there are no boundaries? Just have to poke above the pink line?

VooDoDe

Roller Poster
Yes, finally a contest I feel I can do good at! Unfortunately I won't have access to a computer from tomorrow to the 23rd so I might be a little rushed. :p

Error

Strata Poster
Still in this, but with Leighton here, the challenge is on.

Also laptopless for a bit. Whee tablet.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
One week left! The exciting news is that I'm planning on creating the template for competition 8 tonight!

And for those wondering, I've received two tracks so far.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Hopefully I will get time off this weekend to hammer the rest of my track out. If not then you're getting an unfinished POS :p

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Tracks are due on the 26th, don't forget! I've received three and I'm hoping for quite a few more, seeing as it's a woodie contest.

SFOGRICH

Roller Poster
Since we don't have the style of track and trains as on Outlaw Run, Iron Rattler or the now tragically infamous New Texas Giant, I hope you're OK with the 4-seat PTC ones "acting the part," so to speak. That's the one that seems to most closely resemble the RMC cars, at least out of the types we have in NL now. I guess that will be something else to add to our long 2.0 wish list! :)

Along with the ones I mentioned, did anyone else find Son of Beast and Hades 360 helpful as "study coasters?"

Jer

Strata Poster
^No I did not, I studied a large wooden coaster I made in RCT2 actually. I didn't take any direct inspiration from a real life coaster.

metalhead7

Mega Poster
SFOGRICH said:
Along with the ones I mentioned, did anyone else find Son of Beast and Hades 360 helpful as "study coasters?"

I went a more traditional route with El Toro and Beast as two of mine. Trying to mix a little old and new in my design, not sure if it will come across that way though.