What's new

Ningbo, China | Romon U-Park | Mall/Theme Park

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Arguably one of the most exciting projects in China at the moment Romon World is very similar in concept to the excellent Lotte World in South Korea. The parks not due to open for about another year but it looks excellent.

The park is already confirmed to be getting an Indoor Intamin coaster very similar to Kanonen at Liseberg, Although it will feature a lift hill instead of a launch. Correct me if I'm wrong but will this not be the first non-launched coaster to feature a top hat.

Source: http://www.coastersandmore.de

The second major coaster is situated outside and will be a Maurer Sohne Launched coaster very similar to Freischütz at Bayern Park in Germany. However the ride will not feature the first barrel roll seen on that ride.
j3n4ce96uok5o001jcarsr.jpg

Below is some concept art I've dug up so far which shows the location of both coasters
romon-world4.jpg

The Intamin can be seen here with some awesome interaction.

romon-world5.jpg

The Launched ride sits on the Island outside.

romon-world7.jpg

The overall look of the complex.

Source: http://www.vhcoasters.com

Attachments

• Intamin_Ningbo.gif
    Intamin_Ningbo.gif
    15.6 KB · Views: 219

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Re: Ningbo, China | Romon World | Mall/Theme Park

This doesn look like an amazing place, but it's being built in China, so I most likely will not look like that.

Anyone else also find it a bit weird that both of their magor coasters have top hat and a loop, very similer to one another. Oh well, nice project anyways.

HZGarfield

Roller Poster

The Intamin Starts Construction :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

MGkCYkY.jpg

wgHT4Li.jpg

qtv85Qu.jpg

BmTmMgN.jpg

VoJGvkK.jpg

pMgGkDL.jpg

6TTgH8g.jpg

Nwj6HzF.jpg

D2d98lV.jpg

m4NGVya.jpg

_koppen

Hyper Poster

I love the look of this!
It's going to have lot's of improvements from Kanonen, thanks to the bigger footprint available, and I cannot wait for the day I get to try this one.

I also like how they are saving supports, using the wall, for the lift hill.

Lofty

CF Legend

Such a strange contraption, I love it.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
RCDB has the opening date as 1. Oct, 2014 but hasn't updated the status yet. I did a search but couldn't find anything about it opening this week. Anyone know anything?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^RCDB is only as good as the people sending in the updates. They'll keep it labelled as "under construction" until somebody informs them otherwise.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's pretty impressive.

I don't really like it, but it's impressive.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
The laser bit is crazy in person, though if you're in the seated area you have to keep looking around to appreciate it.
I liked the end of the day show I saw there. One of the highlights of a park with very little substance.