What's new

Nigloland | Noisette Express | ART Engineering Children's Coaster

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Some signs announcing a new attraction for 2020 were spotted at Nigloland in France last week:

('Devinez le nom de l'attraction' means 'Guess the name of the ride' in French
'Noisette Express' = 'Hazelnut Express'...)

The signs were located behind the Wacky Worm coaster of the park, which was sold to another park and is due to leave Nigloland at the end of the season.

French enthusiasts speculate the ride would be a Multi-Launch Kiddie Coaster from ABC Rides:

zV0OxXv.png

ATTdmPB.png

The rumored ride would have 2 tyre-driven launches (similar to Intamin's Juvelen and Wave Breaker). From my understanding, Nigloland doesn't have the energy storage facilities to operate a larger-scale LSM launch coaster. Gossip: The Gélis family who owns the park since its 1987 opening have also visited Le Pal last year and have thoroughly inspected Yukon Quad's installations - fuelling the rumours ever since :p

Source: CoastersWorld.fr

Last edited:

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
This seems to be quite the odd choice, but I hope for the best. We're seeing so many manufacturers debut these wacky prototypes at smaller parks - for example Steel Curtain at Kennywood, Gale Force at Playland's Castaway Cove, or Wilde Hilde at Schwaben Park. I can't help but imagine what's coming next!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
ha, that looks really neat. Looks like a fab kid / low-thrill family coaster.

Only negative I see is the fact that the above only has 1 train. Not sure how busy Nigloland gets, but I'd have thought that with something like that, even the option of two trains would be a good idea?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Had completely forgotten this was a thing!

Looks like a cute fun cred. Have to say I'm disappointed it's not the abc launch thing though

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Is this the first kid's friendly launch coaster?

I think it looks really cute! The park is seriously underrated! When I went some years ago I thoroughly enjoyed my visit, as the park's line-up was great, and so was the atmosphere!

Once again, Nigloland has taken a concept from Intamin (if the rumours that they went to inspect Le Pal's Yukon Quad) and brought it to another company and has asked them to manufacture a similar product for them, just like they did with Alpina. Nothing wrong with that but besides cost I am starting to wonder if there is any bad relationship with the Swiss manufacturer...

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Who has ART subcontracted this project to, if they’ve subcontracted it at all? I know that Ba-a-a and Duplo were both subcontracted to Mack, and Mine 1771 was subcontracted to Maurer, but did they subcontract this coaster?

Loulou30

Roller Poster
Who has ART subcontracted this project to, if they’ve subcontracted it at all? I know that Ba-a-a and Duplo were both subcontracted to Mack, and Mine 1771 was subcontracted to Maurer, but did they subcontract this coaster?
I do not believe. ART is alone on this coaster.

The park has just released the trailer for the opening of Noisette Express. It's just too cute for a kiddie, can't wait to see the theming of the future coaster!