What's new

Nigloland | Alpina Blitz | Mack "Mega Coaster"

msep003

Roller Poster
On a recent article from a News Magazine at Europa Park . In this magazine it says that MACK Rides has 2 Customers for their Megacoaster . We currently know that the first Mack's megacoaster will be for Etnaland in Sicily for 2013 and the second one will be for France .

Now the question is which park this new megacoaster from MAck will be at ? i mean who can afford it ? France has a lot small parks such as Nigloland or the Walibis or either Bagatelle .

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Re: 2013 - New MACK Launched Megacoaster for France !

Nigloland was very interested in a Intamin Megalite, and rumour said that they signed a deal for one back in 2009, at Djurs Sommerland, to be built in their park for 2012. But that did not happened. perhaps it will happen, or maybe they are the ones that are now buying from Mack instead?

msep003

Roller Poster

_koppen said:
Nigloland was very interested in a Intamin Megalite, and rumour said that they signed a deal for one back in 2009, at Djurs Sommerland, to be built in their park for 2012. But that did not happened. perhaps it will happen, or maybe they are the ones that are now buying from Mack instead?

Yes you're right but remember that they ve already got a few Mack Rides like the Mine Train , an Indoor Coaster , a Wild Mouse etc... !!

They seem to love Mack Ride and they have kept a very good relations between them . They know that getting a Mack Ride is expensive but its worth it for the Maintenance Cost .

Martyn B

CF Legend

Yeah, after that Megalite rumour, I wont believe this until its official.

STC

Mega Poster

It won't be DLP, but the MACK launch system would fit in absolutely perfectly at a Disney park.

Incredibly comfortable trains, exciting but not too intense, astonishing throughputs, low maintenance, gorgeous to look at.

If only they'd waited a few years and made Rock'n'Rolla a Mack. :|

peep

CF Legend

I wonder if it's Walygator coming back from the dead again? 3 years might be a bit too soon after buying a giant B&M but you never know, it may have done wonders for the park.

Intriguing about the Nigloland rumour and if that is true this would probably be cheaper (than the Intamin) and far superior for them.

I like these random rumours. But those two I think are the only contenders, there isn't another park in France which would be big enough to get one (which is likely to actually buy something so soon).

_koppen

Hyper Poster

peep said:
Intriguing about the Nigloland rumour and if that is true this would probably be cheaper (than the Intamin) and far superior for them.

I really doubt that the Mack would be either cheaper, or superior.

Ethan

Strata Poster

_koppen said:
peep said:

I really doubt that the Mack would be either cheaper, or superior.

Actually I think Mack is cheaper, so....

peep

CF Legend

Yeah, I have no idea about figures but I'm pretty sure Mack is a cheaper manufacturer compared to Intamin. Oh and Mack are far superior in my opinion, they make rides that work and are fun.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Blue Fire is a better coaster than any of the Intamin launch+inversion coasters that I've been on, so in that respect I'd go along with the "superior" label. Admittedly, not as intense, but it's a much better rounded coaster and a lot more enjoyable.

As a coaster manufacturer as a whole, though? No. Most of Mack's stuff is mediocre to crap.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Mack is not a cheap company. They are from Germany, and their products are all about quality. Blue Fire costed almost 20 million euros for the park to build, so they do cost a lot of money.

Everybody is sure entitled to their own opinion, but in my mind Mack is not superior to Intamin when it comes to ride experience.

Ethan

Strata Poster

_koppen said:
Mack is not a cheap company. They are from Germany, and their products are all about quality. Blue Fire costed almost 20 million euros for the park to build, so they do cost a lot of money.

Everybody is sure entitled to their own opinion, but in my mind Mack is not superior to Intamin when it comes to ride experience.

Your post was about price comparison, not general costs. Don't change your argument!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Blue Fire would have cost that much because it's the first of its type. It's bound to cost more as they had to completely develop it from scratch. It would be fair to assume that future coasters of a similar size would cost a bit less.

Anyway, it's not the best idea to suddenly hail Mack as the new gods of the launch coaster. Blue Fire is excellent, and I personally preferred it to the Intamin equivalents, but until more of that type have been built, it's a bit stupid to claim that "Mack are superior".

They've got one coaster that I'd say is excellent, and we don't know yet whether or not that's a complete fluke until more start opening up. The rest of their stuff is **** to be fair.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Ethan said:
_koppen said:

Your post was about price comparison, not general costs. Don't change your argument!

Well, how am I supposed to argue for price comparison without numbers???

Sure, a Mack Wild Mouse is cheaper then an Xcelerator clone.
But if this park wants a Megalite coaster, then one from Mack is going to be just as expensive as one from Intamin. Were not comparing the general cost for a Mack coaster, with one from Intamin. Mack has only built one big expensive thrill coaster.

Were talking about a price comparison about a Megalite from Intamin, and one from Mack, wich I believe would cost about the same.

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ Because you didn't compare the numbers. You just gave a price for a MACK coaster...

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Well, sorry for that, I just assumed that every coaster geek on this board already knows how much an Intamin coaster costs.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

gavin said:
Blue Fire would have cost that much because it's the first of its type. It's bound to cost more as they had to completely develop it from scratch.

That's Mack expense. The park itself would not have paid anything for the developing for this coaster, that Mack would have already done. Sure Mack owns the park, but it's two different company's.

Ethan

Strata Poster

_koppen said:
gavin said:
Blue Fire would have cost that much because it's the first of its type. It's bound to cost more as they had to completely develop it from scratch.

That's Mack expense. The park itself would not have paid anything for the developing for this coaster, that Mack would have already done. Sure Mack owns the park, but it's two different company's.

It's not a case of WHO pays it, it's the cost that we are talking about here.

_koppen said:
Well, sorry for that, I just assumed that every coaster geek on this board already knows how much an Intamin coaster costs.

Perhaps most of us here aren't nerds and have social lives... End of argument :)

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Ethan said:
It's not a case of WHO pays it, it's the cost that we are talking about here.

What I'm trying to say is that I do not think that the cost includes the development of the coaster.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^Not fully, but at the end of the day it's obvious that a new concept ride (as in, any new ride technology for any manufacturer) is going to cost more to produce and that is bound to be reflected in the cost of the ride to the park. It's the same with nearly any prototyping/release of a new product.

How much the costs are passed on is debatable, but there will be some impact on it for sure.