Oh dear.
09cd6b8ac247cbf1ad4654eba12746b6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Interestingly, the screenshot @Lofty sent me earlier when we were discussing this was subtly different:

JCwNscZ.jpg

Looking at their Facebook now, they seem to have removed all trace of the record bit, and are busy explaining themselves in the comments!

UGiXUup.png

Quality.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Hopefully for 2020 they'll give Odyssey to another park and then burn the place to the ground. It's wishful thinking I know, but dreams do come true <3

Catmaydo

Roller Poster
It's hilarious that after all these years Fantasy Island is still trying to aim for a world record number of spurious "world records" that are entirely dependent on a particular type of coaster/manufacturer, combined with a very specific location. There's never been anything about this place that makes sense; it's not even so bad, it's good.

Matt N

CF Legend
Well, Ice Mountain should be a unique and fun experience for the park. But the thread title got me really excited!

Smithy

Strata Poster
And just like the market wares on offer underneath the coasters at the park, the claim is fake.

davidm

Strata Poster
^ ahh but that one is in a building, this one is in a tent. And themed to ice. And gonna be in Skegness. Pretty unique I'd say. ;)

Sandman

Giga Poster
I suppose you could get away with saying it's one of the world's most common rollercoasters...inside a building.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
Hope whoever's running the marketing department for Fantasy Island did their stretching before reaching for this world's first title.