What's new

New Vekoma Models in US

Bathtub Gin

Roller Poster
No one is really going to give you an answer to this question. It could be either one, or Herschend, or SeaWorld Entertainment (SWE would be my guess- they've really been diversifying their bonds). I'm not sure what it would cost to build one, but I'm assuming it's on cheaper side of the spectrum, which would be right in Six Flags' wheelhouse. Over the years, though, I recall reading quite a bit about Six Flags not really being fond of Vekoma (for the Deja Vu fiasco(s) IIRC). Maybe they've gotten over it? I get the feeling that S&S and Premier have the lower price tags, and that's really all that matters with Six Flags... Cedar Fair seems to be more into reliability, lately, and if Vekoma can build on their newfound reputation, I don't know why they wouldn't at least kick that tire... Obviously Cedar Fair loves B&M, but they've gone to Mack and Gerstlauer recently for large projects. I think if we see Vekoma stateside, between Cedar Fair and Six Flags, it's at a Cedar Fair park.

I took a spin on Formula at Energylandia this past summer, and it was so incredibly forgettable. It was nice, smooth, and picturesque, but it felt like nothing. Older Vekoma efforts such as Ninja (Blue Hawk) at SFOG, the GIBs/Invertigos, and even some of the less terrible SLCs were much more enjoyable than that kind of fluff. What an absolute bummer of a ride. Wish I had gotten the chance to try Lech Coaster, but if it's just Formula with a lift, then I don't really care.

Last edited: