What's new

New rides @ small parks

Martyn B

CF Legend
This is a thread for all the smaller types of rides at the smaller parks, that most people probably wont care about, but there might be someone, somewhere that does.

So, OK Corral in France are building one them small Gerstlauer boomerang type coasters:

dsc16011.jpg

From TPR
16884210150967318821358.jpg

Zoomarine in Italy are opening a Pirate themed Splash Battle:

zoomarinelagunapirati04.jpg

zoomarinelagunapirati09.jpg

Avonturenpark Hellendoorn in Holland have got hold of Loudoun Castle's Enterprise:

p1110351i.jpg

p1110448.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
WTF??? A rope course above cheetahs? PMSL, fantastic.

By the way, I love the idea for the topic :)

Martyn B

CF Legend
Not necessarily small parks, but a couple of new coasters have opened that I dont think has been mentioned on here. Firstly, a hedgehog theme kiddie coaster at Farup Sommerland;

h75o2dga51v000281fc91l.jpg

And a relocated Vekoma Rollerskater at Tusenfryd (from Mirabilandia)

30q4gauoi3bg4plma6g000.jpg

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I see your Relocated Vekoma Rollerskater and raise you a knock off Vekoma Motor Bike.

motor1.jpg

Currently going up at China's Langzhong Panda Paradis (There is actually no “e” at the end of Paradis)

peep

CF Legend
Martyn B said:

That is absolutely mental and I love the idea. No way I'd actually do it myself but I love the concept of it and I'm sure we'll be reading about some sort of tragedy within the next couple of years.

I love that guitar themed drop tower too, genius.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
I would love to do that highwire thing if I had any balance at all. The guitar drop tower is awesome it's just a shame it isn't a bass themed drop tower

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
The Screaming Eagle zip line at Wild Waves has been testing with employees for the past couple days.

The Tube slide, not so much.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Ben said:
I love how it's not just above big cats, it's above the big cats that can climb.

Cheetahs don't climb trees. They would be capable of it if they really felt the need, but it's not generally something they do.

They're not dangerous to people at all really. They're not particularly strong, don't have particularly powerful jaws or claws and aren't generally aggressive. They're built for speed, not strength, so even if someone somehow ended up in there, not a lot would happen. So yeah, we're not going to hear of any "tragedy" in the future.

It's still a very, very cool idea though. It's just that the "danger" is more perceived than real, just like most theme park attractions.

Ben

CF Legend
gavin said:
Ben said:
I love how it's not just above big cats, it's above the big cats that can climb.

Cheetahs don't climb trees. They would be capable of it if they really felt the need, but it's not generally something they do.

When there's tasty humans at the top, they might feel the need.

#justsaidtheycanclimbwhichtheycanso

Robbie

Hyper Poster
gavin said:
They're not dangerous to people at all really. They're not particularly strong, don't have particularly powerful jaws or claws and aren't generally aggressive. They're built for speed, not strength, so even if someone somehow ended up in there, not a lot would happen. So yeah, we're not going to hear of any "tragedy" in the future.
I'm sure you're mostly correct but there is this story from a couple of months ago:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...outh-Africa-had-attacked-another-tourist.html

(The best bit being that the husband seemed to carry on taking photos of his wife rather than rescue her from the mauling)

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm sorry, but what do people expect by getting so close to these dangerous animals? It's only a matter of time before they attack.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
fanta3.jpg

The new Fantawild Adventure in Zhengzhou, China has added a couple of new coasters. Both standard models but thats the first new Boomerang in almost 7 years. (Powerpark being the last one)

Source: http://vhcoasters.com/