What's new

New rides @ small parks

scragnoth

Roller Poster
@Landon IMO it's a good thing that it didn't get scrapped and that a currently only waterpark can use it as a good in value jumpstart to construct a whole new amusement park. It's also rumored that the SLC with helix from Ratanga Junction has been bought by them to be put into their new park as their second big coaster.

Park Pros made a very good analysis video about the whole project.

Last edited:

adrenaline1996

Mega Poster

TilenB

Strata Poster
Movieland Park in Italy is opening a new space themed area for 2020, star of which is going to be an S&S Combo Tower that is rumoured to be the former Hot Shot ride from Blue Bayou Dixie Landin'. They're also opening a couple of other small rides as a part of this area, one is looking like a dodgem style attraction, while I have no clue on what 'Space Mission Mars' is supposed to be (as is tradition with most of their original attractions).

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The 2nd Golden Horse Dive Machine is heading to Yanji Dinosaur Kingdom. In North East China not too far from North Korea actually

Construction can be seen on the left here. With a new loopscrew seen on the right.

Yan Dive.JPG

About here for those who want to know

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Decided to check up on the new Mack Spinner going to Enchanted Kingdom in the Philippines.

Turns out the ride has gone vertical and is quite far along. However a search through probably almost 1000 pics on various platforms for an actually good picture of construction was fruitless and lead me to the conclusion that Instagram (If not the world) is full of people obsessed by pictures of their own faces.

So heres a shot i cropped from someones selfie which proves its at least going up.

EK1.JPG

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Decided to check up on the new Mack Spinner going to Enchanted Kingdom in the Philippines.

Turns out the ride has gone vertical and is quite far along. However a search through probably almost 1000 pics on various platforms for an actually good picture of construction was fruitless and lead me to the conclusion that Instagram (If not the world) is full of people obsessed by pictures of their own faces.

So heres a shot i cropped from someones selfie which proves its at least going up.

View attachment 10556
Bloody good effort

cookie

Giga Poster
Tivoli Gardens is adding a new scare attraction in 2021. Sounds like it'll be a permanent installation as opposed to only for their Halloween event.

(translated from Danish)
As something completely new, daredevils in 2021 can look forward to visiting Tivoli's brand new scary house, Villa Vendetta, where the Vendetta family welcomes you to a universe of shudder and horror.

Gazza

Giga Poster
A new top spin called Vortex opened at Sea World, I rode yesterday arvo.
Cycle was a bit meh... about 6 inversions and a bit short.
Forms part of the "New Atlantis" area that will be supplemented by the woodie and SBF Visa starflyer in 2021.

Attachments

• PXL_20201224_063203470.jpg
    PXL_20201224_063203470.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 45
  • PXL_20201224_062558752.jpg
    PXL_20201224_062558752.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 43
  • PXL_20201224_062447120.jpg
    PXL_20201224_062447120.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 39
  • PXL_20201224_062233017.jpg
    PXL_20201224_062233017.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 36
  • PXL_20201224_063333165.jpg
    PXL_20201224_063333165.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 39

Cascade

Roller Poster
A new top spin called Vortex opened at Sea World, I rode yesterday arvo.
Cycle was a bit meh... about 6 inversions and a bit short.
Forms part of the "New Atlantis" area that will be supplemented by the woodie and SBF Visa starflyer in 2021.
Are there any changes compared to their older version?

richardcrete

Mega Poster
Enchanted Kingdom's Mack Spinning Coaster :

Enchanted-Kingdom-Spinning-Coaster.jpg

Enchanted-Kingdom-Spinning-Coaster-2.jpg

Just found pictures on rcdb

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Really small news about a dying breed: another Top Spin is biting the dust, as Tibidabo (Barcelona) had theirs SBNO for the entire 2020 season and they have already started removing it from the park.

So, as of now, how many European top spins (park model) from Huss are there?

What they will do with that plot of land (the park is really tiny and every attraction has to be sho-horned) is still unclear but I am not holding my breath for something aimed at thrill-seekers. The park really gave up investing in thrill rides since the Air Diver horrific accident, back in 2010. In fact, as of now the most thrilling attraction is the Vekoma family coaster from 2009...

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Really small news about a dying breed: another Top Spin is biting the dust, as Tibidabo (Barcelona) had theirs SBNO for the entire 2020 season and they have already started removing it from the park.

What they will do with that plot of land (the park is really tiny and every attraction has to be sho-horned) is still unclear but I am not holding my breath for something aimed at thrill-seekers. The park really gave up investing in thrill rides since the Air Diver horrific accident, back in 2010. In fact, as of now the most thrilling attraction is the Vekoma family coaster from 2009...
Walibi Holland’s was refurbished for 2018/2019 and runs fantastically, they even have the water on full soak mode on warm days!!!

There's one in Duinrell (Waterspin). I had a go just as the park was closing for the day and the ride op sent us (all two of us) round several more times. I was not well, I'm clearly getting too old for flats!

Yoris Kerkhoff

Roller Poster
There's one in Duinrell (Waterspin). I had a go just as the park was closing for the day and the ride op sent us (all two of us) round several more times. I was not well, I'm clearly getting too old for flats!
Was it past season? (2020) 'Cause then there'd be a big chance I was the op! We are allowed to send guests multiple times as long as nobody is in the queue and I personally like to give those lucky few the most intense of the presets ;P

Last edited:

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Was it past season? (2020) 'Cause then there'd be a big chance I was the op! We are allowed to send guests multiple times as long as nobody is in the queue and I personally like to give those lucky few the most intense of the presets ;P
Setting #4 was the most intense as far as I remember from back when I used to op the one at Tibidabo. I loved doing the same and drenching riders... lol