What's new

New rides @ small parks

cookie

Giga Poster
A nice view of the new Golden Horse mini inverted coaster model at Shantou Children's Park in China.
I rather like the look of this new model. Its just a shame they couldnt line up the paths and the barriers really.

View attachment 5265
So did they design the grass area around the footers and then remembered that there needs to be some clearance between the coaster and the paths too?

vaugc002

Mega Poster
I'd love to know how much these model cost. Clarence Pier also bought one recently and I just don't understand how they could afford something like this unless they're dirt cheap...

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I'd love to know how much these model cost. Clarence Pier also bought one recently and I just don't understand how they could afford something like this unless they're dirt cheap...
These are Zyklons, and they're prevalent on the fair circuits in America and Europe as well as at smaller parks. They used to be all the rage back when they debuted in the 70s and 80s, offering inexpensive family thrills on a tight footprint - similar to what the Wild Mouse or Maurer SC2000 model does today - but most of them were removed or shuffled about as the model grew outdated in favor of newer, equally compact coasters. Since most Zyklons nowadays are very used, extremely common or new (with identical layouts bar none or a few modern tweaks), I'd expect them to cost somewhere in the $150,000 to $750,000 range. I've seen the price tags of a few on various used ride sites, such as Rides4U and Intermark Ride Group - here's one listed as $175,000 on the latter: https://intermarkridegroup.com/roller-coasters/coaster-z64-rc1193

Stu_muppet

Roller Poster
I've been hearing whispers direct from the Park that Camel creek adventure park's new rollercoaster is on its way from Bulgaria and should open late July and is being touted as a Verkoma family suspended coaster like flight of the pterrasaur from Paultins park.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I like to hope that there's a bit of the 'GoPro effect' going on here, but it's hard to deny they're not very short and rather uninspired.

Hmm...