What's new

New Ride Company "Ride Engineers Switzerland"

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
I just discovered something pretty interesting in the newest issue of Parkworld Magazine, that I thought I would share.
Ride Engineers Switzerland (ERS) is a new ride design company, apparently founded by the former ABC Rides CEO, Willy Walser (how's that for a name? :emoji_smile:).

They have two brand new concepts that look really interesting.
First there is the "Roller Ball", a bit like the Zacspin, but more family friendly I think.
"Currently in production, the first Roller Ball should be available for test runs in northern Germany this january"

Skærmbillede 2016-11-10 kl. 00.37.14.png

heroshot.jpg

And then there is the "Air Loop" and this is where things get really cool!
Air Loop is essentially a roller coaster track with Gerstlauer Sky Roller trains! (Albeit probably not made by Gerst)
"Multiple track layouts are possible, from a simple figure 8 circuit to a large coaster layout. The first order is still pending"

Skærmbillede 2016-11-10 kl. 00.37.26.png

Skærmbillede 2016-11-10 kl. 00.36.43.png

Sources:
Park World article: http://content.yudu.com/web/69r/0Aiy7l/PWNovDec2016/html/index.html?page=28
RES website: http://ride-engineers.com

Last edited:

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
First there is the "Roller Ball", a bit like the Zacspin, but more family friendly I think.
"Currently in production, the first Roller Ball should be available for test runs in northern Germany this january"

sk%C3%A6rmbillede-2016-11-10-kl-00-37-14-png.662

heroshot-jpg.666
nmoes4_631.jpg

That's literally what this is.

The Sky Roller Coaster looks fun. Especially if other layouts are possible!

peep

CF Legend
I'm loving their concept art.

I'm really intrigued by their sky roller on a coaster idea. Hope we see one built.

Any idea on what park is building the zacspin?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

S

SimonSays99

I guess for the 2nd design to work you need a quite stable speed - so I guess a powered coaster would be best.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
As I mentioned on Ghosterforce, I had a weird dream years ago that Phantasialand was building a RCT3 Dizzy Dropper on the car park just past Mystery Castle, coincidence? (Heavily doubt it although it would be interesting to ride if any actually get built!)

Lofty

CF Legend
If they bought one of those I'd ****ing cry, the whole zacspin type experience is completely vile and wouldn't fit Phantasialand whatsoever.