What's new

New mascot for Walibi parks.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
If we may believe Looopings.nl, Walibi Holland welcomes a brand new mascot for their park. The park is saying goodbye to the former kangaroo, which appeared in Walibi Belgium, Walibi Holland, Walibi Rhône-Alpes and Walibi Sud-Ouest in 2011, after a massive re-branding. Compagnie des Alpes later admitted that this re-branding - The Music Battle theme - has failed.

Walibi Holland already removed anything that was a reminder of this version of the kangaroo out of the park and it has already disappeared out of the official logo from Walibi Belgium and Walibi Rhône-Alpes.

The new edition of the Walibi mascot will officialy appear in Walibi Holland in April, at the opening of the 2020 season. This new kangaroo, developed for aswell the Dutch as the Belgian and the French park, will be cuter and more family-friendly as its former mascot.

It is not known if Walibi Belgium and Walibi Rhône-Alpes will also introduce the new mascot this season. But with Walibi Belgium celebrating its 45th birthday and Walibi Rhône-Alpes opening a new themed land, both may be the perect occasion.

8D00A3BF-647B-48F9-A1E6-CE2FB93ABD69.jpeg

If we may believe Looopings.nl, Walibi Holland welcomes a brand new mascot for their park. The park is saying goodbye to the former kangaroo, which appeared in Walibi Belgium, Walibi Holland, Walibi Rhône-Alpes and Walibi Sud-Ouest in 2011, after a massive re-branding. Compagnie des Alpes later admitted that this re-branding - The Music Battle theme - has failed.

Walibi Holland already removed anything that was a reminder of this version of the kangaroo out of the park and it has already disappeared out of the official logo from Walibi Belgium and Walibi Rhône-Alpes.

The new edition of the Walibi mascot will officialy appear in Walibi Holland in April, at the opening of the 2020 season. This new kangaroo, developed for aswell the Dutch as the Belgian and the French park, will be cuter and more family-friendly as its former mascot.

It is not known if Walibi Belgium and Walibi Rhône-Alpes will also introduce the new mascot this season. But with Walibi Belgium celebrating its 45th birthday and Walibi Rhône-Alpes opening a new themed land, both may be the perect occasion.

View attachment 7815
Looks like an Indie Pikachu! Whether that is good or bad is your call haha

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
I'm actually pretty curious how this is going to turn out for Walibi Holland. The park clearly has some kind of identity crisis. From 2000 till 2004, they were promoting themselves as a park for thrillseekers and teenagers. In 2005 they found out that, due to dropping number of visitors, this whole teenager/thrillseeker target group didn't work and they promoted themselve as a familypark. Again, number of visitors dropped to a low. And again...they 'came out' as a park for teenagers. Didn't work again, so they hired Walibi Belgium's Marketing Manager to promote themselves as a familypark again. For example, Walibi Holland had about 835.000 visitors in 2019, while Walibi Belgium had approx. 1.400.000 visitors in 2019. So I do hope it turns out well for our Dutch friends in Biddinghuizen.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I kinda liked the current / past mascot... He may not have fit the park so much but he definitely fit the audience at Holland... Have never seen many younger children there, mostly teens and up.

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
Something that can be added is that before they told everyone that the mascot was going to be replaced, Walibi Holland invited the biggest Walibi fan (@thatwalibigirl on Instagram) on valentine's day (without her even knowing, it was all planned and plotted!). She always walks around the theme park during the closing season and gives updates on her YouTube channel. Walibi's team and her mother really planned this and kept it secret.

Eventually, she got a photoshoot with the mascot and was the first to know that the mascot was officially going to be replaced...

Here are some pictures in good quality I received from her and got permission to post on the socials (also because Fan Club Walibi is planning something and really needed those pictures in HD).

des1.jpg

des2.jpg

Here is her vlog about her experience (it's in dutch so good luck understanding what she says!)

ALSO! Needless to say, for this year's 45-year anniversary there will NOT be any mascot in the logo like for when they celebrated their 40th year anniversary!
It's going to be very bland and neutral (two colors only) at least that's what I've seen until now...

Other than all of this, the merch or a big part of it already has been made. (Sounds normal because we're only one month away from the big opening!!)

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
Ok, so I e-mailed Walibi a week ago, they are really keeping their mouths tightly shut and not letting anything new come out.
My questions were:
-When are we going to see the new mascot, when is it going to be revealed?
-Will there be a new 4D movie played in the 4D cinema?

I got a nice answer that no information could be shared (yet) and that my questions will be remained unanswered until further notice...

I really tried digging little bits of information I could share with you guys, but I can't.

A lot of people started questioning if Walibi would actually even open their doors in April, considering that the Coronavirus is spreading quickly right now.
Aqualibi closed it's doors temporarily from March 14th until April 3rd (Not to worry but stores, restaurants, and pubs have been closed too. The government ordered this so they have no choice but to follow the new rules.). Right now there is no other info about the park opening or not.

(BTW sorry for posting after my last post, I don't know if that's against the rules of this forum or not...)

Ggolt

Roller Poster
While there at it might aswell tear that park down, Holland can stay but Belgium tear it down!
Why should they tear it down? The place has some absolutely fantastic coasters, they’re completely upgrading the areas and investing more than 100 million euros. Walibi Holland theming is absolutely awful. They have 3 great coasters, the other ones are just bad and the place is a mess.

Last edited:

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Why should they tear it down? The place has some absolutely fantastic coasters, they’re completely upgrading the areas and investing more than 100 million euros. Walibi Holland theming is absolutely awful. They have 3 great coasters, the other ones are just bad and the place is a mess.
Place currently doesn't have an stand out coasters as such (Yes I'm aware of the incoming Intamin), All of the water rides are truly disgusting in regards to dirtiness and awful awful green stinky water, majority of queue lines were gratified, queue jumped to no end, the staff & guests were impossibly rude, food lines were 40 minutes at best.
Frankly its a messand shall only be returning eventually to ride the Intamin... on a positive note though (the only positive mind) Popcorn Revenge was a nice experience and rather enjoyable

Ggolt

Roller Poster
Place currently doesn't have an stand out coasters as such (Yes I'm aware of the incoming Intamin), All of the water rides are truly disgusting in regards to dirtiness and awful awful green stinky water, majority of queue lines were gratified, queue jumped to no end, the staff & guests were impossibly rude, food lines were 40 minutes at best.
Frankly its a messand shall only be returning eventually to ride the Intamin... on a positive note though (the only positive mind) Popcorn Revenge was a nice experience and rather enjoyable
You must have been very unlucky then because in the 10+ times I went there the past couple of years, I never waited more than 10 minutes for my food or saw any extremely long queues (except at Tiki Waka).Some staff are not as polite as they should be, but you get that in so many other parks so that doesn’t ruin a trip for me at all.

No stand out coaster? Pulsar has been the only Powersplash in the world for years and it is a great coaster. Psyké is one of the few shuttle loops left and although they made the launch less intense, it’s still good.

The place is really not as bad as you’re saying it is I think. The landscaping is good, the paths are always clean and their new theming is great. You might think it’s my homepark but it’s not. i’ve been to Walibi Holland a few times (always to ride their new coaster) but everytime I got out and thought okay please don’t make me come here next year again. The vibe is just bad...

I'll be returning to Walibi Belgium, when they give Weerwolf a RMC upgrade?

I sincerely hope it happens, but Weerwolf has another good 3 or 4 years left ;)

Last edited: