What's new

American Dream | New Jersey USA | Mega Mall/Nickelodeon Theme Park

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Data is sparse but I'd imagine throughput would be similar to a Sky Rocket II. From the POV, it appears that a section of footage was snipped out - hopefully the team is refining the control system to shave off a few seconds with the brake, turnaround, and launch sequence. Then the rest relies on the operating crew. SFDK was able to park and dispatch Superman in around 30 seconds when I was there a few summers back. If the crew is on it, they should be able to hit a solid dispatch interval.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
So I did end up going to the park yesterday afternoon driving from Boston to DC. I saw they updated the ride list online and had Shellraier open again so it seemed worth it to make a quick stop.
Park was a ghost town, most everything I did was as a solo rider but the park didn't make you wait around to see if anyone else would show up, so that's cool. I did Shellraier 5 times, the first part is awesome, the second part rattles the whole way but the pause before the drop is neat (long) with a view of the Manhattan skyline out the window. I did the other two open coasters twice. The pipe is great with the lapbar. The chance thing is fun but has tiny, tiny cars and I couldn't keep my glasses on while riding (but could on every other ride) also, the ride slams to a stop at the end and makes a horrible screech....not sure why they didn't just go with mags....it also only has a single train so I'm not sure why it needs to stop so violently.
I saw the Intamin test 5 or 6 times, the turntable moves really quick, ride looks fun.
The spinner was down with no signs of work, meh.
They were welding the S&S tower, so it was closed (but had been running a few days ago) the Zim ride (flippy bumper cars) was closed, not sure if it's ever opened yet.
The park itself is just a big empty warehouse. It's really kinda...sad. uninviting/uninspiring? Hopefully they fix that sooner than later. I also found it strange how they were actively moving big machinery around the park with guests inside.... like high reaches and cherry pickers just driving on past?
Outside of nice signs at ride entrances, there is zero theming inside... I think they're also expecting this place to become massively popular since most of the queues were designed to hold hour + lines...for a place that currently had maybe 50 people in it.
Might also be worth noting that none of the food stands were open, the gift shops were still under construction and only one of the bathrooms was open, ha.

The rest of the mall is strange since it's so massive but not actually open...saw maybe 10 people at the ice rink and i looked in the viewing windows for the waterpark that should be opening shortly. Never made it down to the ski hill thing.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Like on signs for most UK Motorway service stations, I can see this place utilising the "Now fully open" tagline in future for ages....

Matt N

CF Legend
Out of interest, has anyone here ridden both Shellraiser and Takabisha? If so, how do they compare?

I'm not really sure what to think at the moment, because I've heard some say they prefer Takabisha and some say they prefer Shellraiser...

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
I saw this thread on reddit earlier:
https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/gmnxi1
And it makes me wonder. If this did get shut down permanently, I wonder who would pick up the rides. Kings Island would be a great fit for Shredder and Shellraiser (maybe a couple of the flat rides as well), I can see Sandy's Blasting Bronco going to Six Flags Great Adventure (it's a cheap Intamin), and the other flat rides and kiddy coaster would go to local parks around the area.

Matt N

CF Legend
I’m confused; are they saying they want more entertainment or more retail in their malls?

If Triple Five did go under, then couldn’t a new investor just purchase the malls if need be?

Peet

Giga Poster
I’m confused; are they saying they want more entertainment or more retail in their malls?
Sounds to me like they are saying less retail, therefore increasing the proportion of the offering that is entertainment.

If this did get shut down permanently, I wonder who would pick up the rides. Kings Island would be a great fit for Shredder and Shellraiser (maybe a couple of the flat rides as well), I can see Sandy's Blasting Bronco going to Six Flags Great Adventure (it's a cheap Intamin), and the other flat rides and kiddy coaster would go to local parks around the area.
It's a bit (very) early for this kind of talk! Even if the current owners went out of business it would likely be picked up as a whole park by other investors.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I saw this thread on reddit earlier:
https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/gmnxi1
And it makes me wonder. If this did get shut down permanently, I wonder who would pick up the rides. Kings Island would be a great fit for Shredder and Shellraiser (maybe a couple of the flat rides as well), I can see Sandy's Blasting Bronco going to Six Flags Great Adventure (it's a cheap Intamin), and the other flat rides and kiddy coaster would go to local parks around the area.
I've read a lot of stupid things on the forums in my day, some of that being from myself, but congratulations you just won.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk