What's new

American Dream | New Jersey USA | Mega Mall/Nickelodeon Theme Park

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
lol taking the record by half a degree. Not even a full one at least, what a smack to the face! That said, I would like to experience the worlds steepest coaster by half a degree, Takabisha looked kind of fun anyway. Im not banking on a July opening, so maybe next year

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I wonder how/if that extra half a degree will affect the ride experience in any way? Of course, rides are designed with utmost precision, and that extra half a degree could make an impact to resulting exit from the drop and into the next element.

I'm almost certain that's why Saw has a noticeable judder at the bottom of its drop. The original plan was for it to have the standard 97° drop, but it later changed to 100° at some point after the layout had been designed. Those 3° definitely affected the change in curvature from the drop to the start of the inversion.

Of course, there's a massive difference between 0.5° and 3°. But will it be as noticeable

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'm almost certain that's why Saw has a noticeable judder at the bottom of its drop. The original plan was for it to have the standard 97° drop, but it later changed to 100° at some point after the layout had been designed. Those 3° definitely affected the change in curvature from the drop to the start of the inversion.
I thought the jolt at the bottom of Saw's jolt is a result of a shift in the land it's built on? I can't remember for the life of me where I heard it, but I remember hearing that the reclaimed land that Saw is built on started moving about slightly during construction and they had to really forced the track into place.

I don't know tbh, it could be completely false, but that's just what I remember hearing at the time!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like we're in for another delay.
Triple Five Group, the developer behind the American Dream Mall is betting its other major holdings will make the dream happen. Right now the mall's indoor theme and water parks are still going up in East Rutherford, but according to The Wall Street Journal, the developer needs more money to get the project to completion. The group is now offering 49% part ownership of the Mall of America in Minnesota and West Edmonton Mall in Canada to get the $1.67 billion needed. That means there will be a delay in the proposed October opening while the funds are secured and if the American Dream fails forcing Triple Five to default on the loans, it would have to give up nearly half its ownership in those two malls. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Their website seems too indicate that the park (and mall?) will open on October 25th (I know we've hear this date before but I don't recall it being on the Malls website front page).

According to a press release i haven't seen personally seems to indicate the mall will open in stages.

Not sure if anyone has more info on the accuracy of this but it seems like it's almost time for the mall to open.