What's new

American Dream | New Jersey USA | Mega Mall/Nickelodeon Theme Park

Pear

Strata Poster
Awww man I was hoping for Taron restraints on the Intamin.

I do love the name Shellraiser though.

Pear

Strata Poster
They aren't Taron's restraints?
No they're the style found on rides such as Altair and Red Fire.

image0.jpg

c02ea07c6a0e9b3b4bf46da081920b23.jpg

Compare these to the Taron style found on Soaring with Dragon

6a3e8d2cb0314e53378f28eed7bb527d.jpg

It's not too big a deal, but the Taron style is far better.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Am i the only Brit who misread the Shellraiser name? I mean just turn the M in TMNT upside down in that graphic.

Pear

Strata Poster
Apparently at the event it was confirmed that the Intamin triple launch will have a turntable, but only one train and one station. The ride will do a forwards circuit, rotate 180 degrees and do a backwards circuit. This new drawing of the ride shows the turntable with one station.

image0.jpg

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Well rip our hppes of Cosmo/Wanda themed coasters. The names the picked however are quite good.
And yes Sandy is Sandy Cheeks from Spongebob.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Apparently at the event it was confirmed that the Intamin triple launch will have a turntable, but only one train and one station. The ride will do a forwards circuit, rotate 180 degrees and do a backwards circuit. This new drawing of the ride shows the turntable with one station.

image0.jpg

That doesn’t seem possible.. the train won’t carry enough speed to safely make it back in reverse without causing the first part to be too intense surely.

Matt N

CF Legend
The names are good, but is it only me who has no idea who half the characters are? Obviously I know who Spongebob and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are, but I've got no idea who any of the others are!

Ethan

Strata Poster
That doesn’t seem possible.. the train won’t carry enough speed to safely make it back in reverse without causing the first part to be too intense surely.
I agree atm. I still think it'll just do a triple launch forward, back and forward into the layout. I don't see any other way? This way you could use the turntable in the same way as Pulsar does, surely?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Man...seeing those OTSR's gave me flashbacks of Mystery Mine and I got a little PTSD. Hangtime shuffles were quite noticeable on a 6 month old coaster, terrified of what it will feel like on this monstrosity.

Anyone who has ridden the original able to comment on how horrendous restraints are?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
Man...seeing those OTSR's gave me flashbacks of Mystery Mine and I got a little PTSD. Hangtime shuffles were quite noticeable on a 6 month old coaster, terrified of what it will feel like on this monstrosity.

Anyone who has ridden the original able to comment on how horrendous restraints are?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Apparently Takabisha is quite smooth compared to most Gerstlauers as it takes the elements more slowly, so you should be fine!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
You've got it wrong. The train will go the same direction around the track, the train will just be facing the other way. So you will literally be travelling backwards. You won't be going through the track the other way.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
You've got it wrong. The train will go the same direction around the track, the train will just be facing the other way. So you will literally be travelling backwards. You won't be going through the track the other way.
Yeah, that's how I read it. The turntable would be centered with the track so you do one circuit facing forward the train rotate 180 degrees and you do a circuit backwards but traveling the course leaving the station in the same direction as the first time.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I agree atm. I still think it'll just do a triple launch forward, back and forward into the layout. I don't see any other way? This way you could use the turntable in the same way as Pulsar does, surely?
I originally thought this but I'm understanding differently now that Crash and Canobiefan pointed out the other method. I do want to point out that the LSMs do seem to travel pretty far up that last inversion. I was always curious about how tight that last pullout was but trying to get the train to stop on that turntable without a backwards pass explains why.

Apparently Takabisha is quite smooth compared to most Gerstlauers as it takes the elements more slowly, so you should be fine!
Takabisha? Didn't have any problems with it. The restraints seemed slightly less... 'dense' for a Eurofighter - more space in between, didn't come down so low.
I sure hope so. I'll echo Tom - Mystery Mine is just a bad time. Lap bars would have been nice to see on this but maybe the coaches traverse the larger elements better than they do on the mouse-like elements on Mystery Mine.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Also, the LSMs will have to be perfectly in the centre of the track (like the older blitz's) for this to be able to work properly.

I can't really explain why the LSMs go so far up the last inversion. This coaster is a great mystery.

Pear

Strata Poster
Am I the only one here that actually likes Mystery Mine? I didn't find it that rough at all and it's a ton of fun!

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Contrary to what everyone else is saying, I think Sandy's Blasting Bronco is actually a pretty cool name! What else were they going to call the Intamin mini swing launcher, Avatar Airbender like the halfpipe at Mall of America?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Also, the LSMs will have to be perfectly in the centre of the track (like the older blitz's) for this to be able to work properly.

I can't really explain why the LSMs go so far up the last inversion. This coaster is a great mystery.
Or the trains will have two sets of offset magnets - one set for forward propulsion and the other set for rearward propulsion...Or they just mount the stators in the middle of the track, as you stated. Looking at their recent launchers, their method of fastening the stators seems fairly crude - it wouldn't be hard at all to shift the stators into the middle of the track.