What's new

New Jersey | American Dream | Mall/Nickelodeon Theme Park

JJLehto

lol taking the record by half a degree. Not even a full one at least, what a smack to the face! That said, I would like to experience the worlds steepest coaster by half a degree, Takabisha looked kind of fun anyway. Im not banking on a July opening, so maybe next year

Lofty

Social Media Team
Staff member
Social Media Team
By technicality, if it has a 0.5º alteration to the drop, it's not a clone ;)

JoshC.

I wonder how/if that extra half a degree will affect the ride experience in any way? Of course, rides are designed with utmost precision, and that extra half a degree could make an impact to resulting exit from the drop and into the next element.

I'm almost certain that's why Saw has a noticeable judder at the bottom of its drop. The original plan was for it to have the standard 97° drop, but it later changed to 100° at some point after the layout had been designed. Those 3° definitely affected the change in curvature from the drop to the start of the inversion.

Of course, there's a massive difference between 0.5° and 3°. But will it be as noticeable

Ethan

I'm almost certain that's why Saw has a noticeable judder at the bottom of its drop. The original plan was for it to have the standard 97° drop, but it later changed to 100° at some point after the layout had been designed. Those 3° definitely affected the change in curvature from the drop to the start of the inversion.
I thought the jolt at the bottom of Saw's jolt is a result of a shift in the land it's built on? I can't remember for the life of me where I heard it, but I remember hearing that the reclaimed land that Saw is built on started moving about slightly during construction and they had to really forced the track into place.

I don't know tbh, it could be completely false, but that's just what I remember hearing at the time!