What's new

New Intamin blitz coaster sample layouts

Niles

Giga Poster
It appears that Intamin have come up with three new sample layouts for there blitz coaster, they come in a single, double and triple launch layout, while on the smaller side they look pretty great.

Single launch:

Double launch:

Triple launch:

Ries

Mega Poster
Nice, thanks. For some reason these didn't show up on YouTube for me.
Had to laugh about the naming of the turn out of the station. The 180 degrees anticipation turn.

I like that they do way less rmc elements and be more like Vekoma dynamic layouts. Which I personally like more.

STMOE

Roller Poster
The triple and single seems to hold a great mix of elements in a compact area. Not to sure about the double. Would love to see the triple in northern europe.

The video was uploaded 7 months ago, but only seem to appear now. Wonder if this has to do with some been sold and soon to be announced or due to covid?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The triple and single seems to hold a great mix of elements in a compact area. Not to sure about the double. Would love to see the triple in northern europe.

The video was uploaded 7 months ago, but only seem to appear now. Wonder if this has to do with some been sold and soon to be announced or due to covid?
It wouldn't be the first time this sort of video was made public by accident - they may well disappear again! :p

bmac

Giga Poster
I mean when you advertise 15 elements in a layout and 3 of them are the turnaround out of the station, a jump into the brakes, and the brakes themselves. You're kinda stretching what your product offers.

By the looks of the three models, I'm sure Intamin is trying to make themselves more appealing to smaller parks who may be looking for an exciting product but at an affordable price.

Lightning2

Roller Poster
Yeah i get that they are trying to cash in with these models but it makes me sad anyways :( . It just seems lazy and cheap to me. S&S, Vekoma and RMC aren't that expensive either (at least to my knowledge) and their new models brought at least some innovation and/or variation to the industry. Recent Intamin on the other hand is just blatantly copying and selling these models under new names like Chinese knockoffs (although with good quality). I have of course no insight when it comes to pricing, but i doubt that Intamin's models are cheaper than "the originals". And if they are, then where is the difference between Intamin and for example Golden Horse?

Last edited:

bmac

Giga Poster
Yeah i get that they are trying to cash in with these models but it makes me sad anyways :( . It just seems lazy and cheap to me. S&S, Vekoma and RMC aren't that expensive either (at least to my knowledge) and their new models brought at least some innovation and/or variation to the industry. Recent Intamin on the other hand is just blatantly copying and selling these models under new names like Chinese knockoffs (although with good quality). I have of course no insight when it comes to pricing, but i doubt that Intamin's models are cheaper than "the originals". And if they are, then where is the difference between Intamin and for example Golden Horse?

Innovation comes with risk. What Intamin is doing is trying to appeal to smaller parks who absolutely do not have the budget for $20+ million risk projects and will be perfectly fine with a ~2000 foot coaster with 2 trains, a couple of inversions, and a reliable launch system. They realized they can't sustain themselves with big budget projects where the ride is suffering from a myriad of issues for years after it's opened with extensive reprofiling work required to get a ride not to kill itself.