What's new

PortAventura | Uncharted | Intamin Multi-Dimension Coaster | 2023

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Just to point out indoor coasters being built after the frame of the building has gone up isn't unheard of. Can think of a fair few indoor mine trains and inverts in China that were installed this way, even Disney do it this way.

And what I don't get is why a big building makes people think this won't be bigger coaster? There's plenty of rides with dark ride sections and outdoor sections. Think Verbolten for example. It features an extensive indoor section for sure but theres a very big chunk of the layout outdoors.

And while a bit of a bad parallel as its built in an entirely indoor park. EpiQ is an indoor coaster and it's 200ft tall. You certainly can do thrilling unique indoor rides

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Unlikely but what if it's a Vekoma Sausalito - There's only one in the world and it's not in Europe, it is unlike anything in the park's lineup and it also fits the indoor coaster bill.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I understand this. But what else turns a coaster into a Vekoma Sausalito and not any ordinary indoor coaster?
Cause an ordinary indoor coaster wouldn't be the second of its kind in the world and a Europe exclusive, unless it's a launched Zierer ESC like Verbolten.

Indy

Hyper Poster
I forgot that it was confirmed to be a coaster at the same time it was stated that it was the second of its kind in the world. I'm still perplexed by the fact that this building structure is going up before any major foundation for the coaster has been poured, but it does make me lean towards this being an Intamin Hot Racer. Smaller track that's easier to move around. Second guess would be a launched Vekoma flyer, which feels less likely.

Guilux57

Roller Poster
I think exactly like you. concerning the hot racer their height is relatively important so I think it will be complicated to make it fit in a building. If the space would be bigger we could assume more things, but given the small space I do not expect much from port aventura

another interesting thing, no rail arrived on site, nor even any pole. If it's a coaster, it seems complicated to me to set it up in such a short time... I'm puzzled

Matt N

CF Legend
I don't know what a vekoma Sausalito is, can you explain please?
Basically, it’s a coaster with some sort of controlled spinning seats, from what I can gather. I can’t go into much more detail than that as I haven’t personally watched any POVs of Guardians (avoiding spoilers due to a possibility of riding next year), but I know that it definitely entails some sort of controlled rotation (such as to make the train face a certain way during dark ride sections).

Ethan

Strata Poster
Do we know if Disney has the exclusive rights for the Guardians train type aka "Omnicoaster"?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think there's a chance of PA getting one, but wondered if anyone knows. Just interesting that most of the other Vekoma models that Disney have purchased, for instance the Seven Dwarfs model, are only at Disney parks.

Guilux57

Roller Poster
thank you for your explanations. but you don't find it weird that no foundation for the roller coaster has yet been dug ?

indeed if it's a "Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Return" style it can be very interesting! but given the work that needs to be done and given the extensive theming, I don't think it could be operational in 2023 if it's really the same kind of coaster.

Matt N

CF Legend
thank you for your explanations. but you don't find it weird that no foundation for the roller coaster has yet been dug ?
Dependant on the ride type, it could be getting built upon a base frame, which would not necessitate any foundations.
indeed if it's a "Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Return" style it can be very interesting! but given the work that needs to be done and given the extensive theming, I don't think it could be operational in 2023 if it's really the same kind of coaster.
I’d imagine this wouldn’t be as in depth as GOTG even if it was a Sausalito. Disney’s budgets are obscene compared to just about everywhere else in the world.

Guilux57

Roller Poster
Thank you for your answers. but honestly I have never seen in all my life a coaster of this scale pose on frames without any foundation, except for kiddie

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
OK so this might be a dark ride. Why is that a bad thing. If it is PA pretty much told you its a dark ride.

Looking through the previous posts earlier in the thread.

At our on-site meeting we learned from Jordi Julià, Content Manager of PortAventura Resort - Dpt. Comercial, that there are far advanced plans to present a roller coaster European novelty in 2023 or 2024. So far, this "roller coaster type" exists only once in the world.

Nothing says theres a new coaster for 2023. Just that they are looking into it for 23 or 24. If you are expecting it 2023 then why?

Combine that with this.

It was confirmed in an interview awhile ago that they were planning a new attraction for 2023, could/would either be a coaster or dark ride depending on what audience they felt the need to cater to. I'm not sure if a formal decision has been made yet. There's been whispers of an Intamin floating around on PA forums for awhile now.

Well this pretty much confirms they were looking at a dark ride as well as a coaster for 2023. Why are prople genuinely annoyed this might not be a coaster? its not like they didnt tell you outright this might be a dark ride.
If you were expecting a coaster for 2023 and you're dissapointed it might be a dark ride? sounds to me like it might be your fault?

If its a dark ride then it sounds to me like the coaster will be a 2024 thing.

Please point out any evidence against this supposition. Had a quick flick through the thread and couldn't see anything. Seems like its the classic Enthusiast thing of assuming its a coaster because the word coaster was mentioned a while ago.