Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
scw55 said:
Uncle Arly said:
I can't see any of those pics :(

They're very, cuboidial. In less you understand engineering they won't mean a thing to you. It's parts that seem to be part of the mechanics of the ride. No aesthetics assumingly.
Maybe you should stop learning advanced engineering concepts like cuboids, and take up some elocution lessons... ;)

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Pictures from twitter ( @PhalanxControl )

d2lks.jpg

4mcgi.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
Just a thought, does it say anywhere OFFICIALLY that this has separate "cars/gondolas". I don't know why it can't just be one car that 'turns'. In my opinion, that'd actually be a lot technologically easier. Think of it in the way that the Gyro Drop's do it. A solid base tower with a rotating gondola?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
That's a pretty good point actually Lofty and it might solve the issue, though I found that this explains things better:
robosaurus_shutterstock_61079143_web.jpg
؟

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
We don't, this is a serious discussion! ؟

-lofty- said:
tks said:
Robosauras = 40ft tall.
Sub-Terra = 40ft tall.

Robosaurus = Sub-Terra ??

40ft?! It's half that, only 6m which is 20ft.

Well obviously... If it was Robosaurus then it would be called super-terra. There's nothing sub about Robosaurus!

coasterdude_1

Mega Poster
OK. So it looks like it could be Extremis style towers- but- how do you get on? Apart from the control booth ground floor access which can be seen in the pics and is shown on the plans, it still appears that people enter at ground level.

But surely to board a drop tower you'd have to board at the -1 level where a floor exists so that it's possible to load? And before anyone says that there could be stairs down in that 'turret' seen in the corner, it can't be as Alton would also require a disbled lift to make it accessible and as we've already identified the 'lifts' to be fake and given that there is no other lift marked on the plans, I think its safe to assume people will board at ground, rather than -1 level. So what's with that?

Also, what are those mechanisms curently bolted to the floor- they dont appear to be the same on all sides

Gazza

Giga Poster
And before anyone says that there could be stairs down in that 'turret' seen in the corner, it can't be as Alton would also require a disbled lift to make it accessible and as we've already identified the 'lifts' to be fake and given that there is no other lift marked on the plans, I think its safe to assume people will board at ground, rather than -1 level. So what's with that?
I thought those stairs going down just went to a plant room.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
There are four sets of lifts that the ride uses to get you from ground floor to -1. Two to take you down, two to take you up.

T0M

Hyper Poster
rollermonkey said:
Boarding could take place at ground level with drop-fold floors.

Not saying it is, just that it would be easy to do.

Yes, we can theorise that the towers will load at ground level, and fall to the basement level. I suspect that a dummy 'half' will be bolted onto the top of the actual drop/lifting part, utilising the building's height. People will then think they are about to ascend as per Extremis, and the freefall downwards will come as quite a surprise.

Also, the lifts are certainly fake. They will most likely just shake rattle and roll - not take you between levels.

Lofty

CF Legend
Um, in my opinion, they're lifts, it's that simple...

The Dungeons in Amsterdam have an actual elevator, I don't understand why it's so hard to believe they're real elevators?

T0M

Hyper Poster
-lofty- said:
Um, in my opinion, they're lifts, it's that simple...

The Dungeons in Amsterdam have an actual elevator, I don't understand why it's so hard to believe they're real elevators?

Because the plans show that the entry and exit levels of the lifts are the same.