What's new

Nemesis Inferno

Jared

Hyper Poster
Yeah, ok guys. I'm working on another recreation as a follow up to my famous recreation of Rita - Queen of Speed at Alton Towers. This time I have started working on a Recreation of Nemesis Inferno at Thorpe Park.

So far i've started working on the section of the coaster after the lift hill, so the drop and loop ect...

Heres a couple of snaps, but I am in need of your help. I need as many images and plans as I can get of the track that makes up the prelift so that I can get the shaping correct. So any help would be great. Please email me the photos to ccjared@hotmail.co.uk, or if you have links then post them here for me.

Nemesis-Inferno-01.jpg

Nemesis-Inferno-02.jpg

Nemesis-Inferno-03.jpg

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
The red is far too bright. I can't really see much of the track as all the screens seem to be showing off the car textures, which are good!

Jared

Hyper Poster
I'm still working on the colours. The entire track will probably be covered by a .3ds spine that has a realistic texture.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Can we have some shots of the track, instead of the trains, so we can get an idea on how close it is to the real thing?

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I love your car texture!

Heres the colours for the trains.

neminferno4.jpg

Also the track is really very dark red.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
As A-Kid said, it looks like it needs tightening up a bit. It might just be the ablges though, but if you want help, A-Kid would be the best, since I imagine he's one of, if not the member who has ridden it most in this forum.

Xpress

Strata Poster
^I dunno about that... Jareds a ride whore :p

AFATTG, looks like the loop needs to be tighter. You should lemme look at the side on :p

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Yeah, that looks a lot better. I'm quite looking forward to this. I don't think I've seen a N:I recreation on No Limits before.

Are you using any tools?

Xpress

Strata Poster
^I can 100% guarantee he is, simply because he's very big on using tools. Also, one thing about them:

They have loads more control over the track, rather than what your hand can do. Not even loefet could pull off a perfectly shaped B&M Invert drop. CLOSE, but not exact ;)

CCJared said:
Just a quick update to show the new track colours. They're exact using the rides actual RAL colours.

http://coasterchamber.com/files/B&M_Inv ... 409001.bmp

Good god man, why with all the sun shots?

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Xpress you've litterally just copied over what "DC High Heat" said to you about your Batman re-creation, over on NL-E.

DC High Heat said:
]It's impossible to accurately recreate a ride using handbuilding techniques. You can come close, but will never achieve the accuracy that's possible maybe with FVD and definitely with Newton2. Just because you don't know how to, doesn't mean it can't be done.

After you said..this!

Xpress said:
Handbuilding is the only way to get a ride perfect. Tools can come pretty close, but they can't do things that the real ride has,

I just DON'T get you!!

Jared

Hyper Poster
Uncle Arly said:
Yeah, that looks a lot better. I'm quite looking forward to this. I don't think I've seen a N:I recreation on No Limits before.

Are you using any tools?

I do believe that this is the first version of the ride thats been done.

As for tools, yes I am. I am using a combination of FVDs, HSAK and my own personal formulas to create the track, which will then be worked over with the AHG to fix the bankings and create a perfectly smooth and well heartlined track.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
CCJared said:
Uncle Arly said:

Are you using any tools?

I do believe that this is the first version of the ride thats been done.

As for tools, yes I am. I am using a combination of FVDs, HSAK and my own personal formulas to create the track, which will then be worked over with the AHG to fix the bankings and create a perfectly smooth and well heartlined track.

I'm not a big fan of tools, but I realise it's hard to do a recreation anyway, so, I'll let you off! ;).

Xpress

Strata Poster
^I don't remember the last time I saw something handbuilt from him, he pretty much loves using his brain to make numbers ;)

bob_3_ said:
Xpress you've litterally just copied over what "DC High Heat" said to you about your Batman re-creation, over on NL-E.

DC High Heat said:
]It's impossible to accurately recreate a ride using handbuilding techniques. You can come close, but will never achieve the accuracy that's possible maybe with FVD and definitely with Newton2. Just because you don't know how to, doesn't mean it can't be done.

After you said..this!

Xpress said:
Handbuilding is the only way to get a ride perfect. Tools can come pretty close, but they can't do things that the real ride has,

I just DON'T get you!!

and neither do I sometimes :?

Jared

Hyper Poster
Xpress said:
^I don't remember the last time I saw something handbuilt from him, he pretty much loves using his brain to make numbers ;)

I do hand build rides, quite often actually. I just don't generally share them around, purely because I am more proud of the rides that I tool build. It's not about me finding tools easier, because they're not all that easy, theres so many steps, it's all about what best suits the job at hand. On this, the wingovers are going to have to be built by hand as the formulas i'm using don't give me the shaping and snappy transitions that I require.

I now have an overhead plan and an exact blueprint of the coaster, so i will be working from that. At the moment, I am working hard on the shaping from the prelift, building the bankings and such based on photos taken by thorpe park guide.com