What's new

"Mummy, has somebody pooed?" Adventure Island PTR

nadroJ

CF Legend
Last week the weather was quite lush and we wanted to do something outdoorsy. Obviously a park was top priority but a Merlin park in half term would just be vile, so we headed to the cornerstone of every Essex girl's childhood; Southend-on-Sea.

We arrived about 1.30pm and grabbed a quick battered sausage and chips which was stupidly difficult to find considering how prolific fish and chip shops are on the seafront <//3 It was overpriced and delicious. We then paid our £25 (punishment for deciding where we were going last minute) and started on the creds. First up was the Green Scream, AKA the cred with the stupidly long train. It's an extension of the infamous vibrating bottom coaster by Zierer. It was OK, a bit more forceful than I remember it being but then I always find that those coasters are.

10003473_10152359144999855_670914517211143638_n.jpg

I think we did Over the Hill next which I was really excited to take Conor on! He was laughing the whole way around, especially at the ending, which I'm glad to say still packs a punch! Unfortunately the ride is looking slightly worn with some of the scenery looking like it has seen better days. Still fab though and one of the better seaside ghost trains out there.

Water slides were up next. We entered the staircase which is entombed with corrugated iron which you can imagine in the heat is a bit grotesque. Add to that the smell of pure ****. I mean actual human faeces. We blamed the kids in front of us. In fact it was so bad that a little boy turned to his mummy and asked if somebody had done a poo. Vile. This was where we first realise that the staff members at Adventure Island are really fab! Really enthusiastic and genuinely seem to be having a good time. One guy told us a joke:

"Knock knock"
"who's there?"
"You"
"You who?"
"You hoooo, big summer blowout!"

<3

It was now time for Conor to get his 100th cred, yay! We boarded Rage and admired its cuteness compared to the likes of Saw. It's ages since I've been on it and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. The turnaround is a little jerky, but it's fine other than that.

10176093_10152359145369855_4820125329905045304_n.jpg

With all the creds on the left of pier done we minced under to the other side to lap up the rest. In the middle section is a big sign telling about the plans for the indoor bit they're planning on building. Fab.

Barnstormer was next, where the staff were being good at their jobs again and getting the train to sing happy birthday to a kiddie on board. Again, the ride was a plus one kiddie cred but looks nice enough and is well maintained. We then rode the unnecessarily long-named Mighty Mini Mega, blew £12 in an arcade on grabby machines and got our Conor's final cred of the day on Kiddi Koasta (urgh). All were unremarkable plus ones.

I then wanted to do some of the classic Southend attractions so we did the Crooked House and the Whip. The house has been painted and updated inside which is nice to see and the Whip is still surprisingly whippy. Good old fashioned seaside fun.

After this Conor wanted to do some of the more com inducing attractions so he did Dragon's Claw whilst I watched.

1978769_10152359145689855_2008999880923786256_n.jpg

We also went on the Time Machine which I believe is built in house at AI? It was GROSS. It rode like one of those vile centrifugal force machines and just made me want to vom. No.

10151426_10152359146224855_1094093144332437667_n.jpg

We ended the day with re-rides on Over the Hill, Rage and the small drop tower before having a meander down the beach and grabbing some pub grub for dinner.

marc

CF Legend
Re: "Mummy, has somebody pooed?" Adventure Island PTR

I had to leave the park after time machine really thought I was going to be sick, I'm never ever going on it again.

Glad you had fun :)

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I love adventure Island. They try so hard and it works so well.

Fun fact of the day. ATTACKHAMMER'S 100th cred was Rage too :p

Great report :D

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Re: "Mummy, has somebody pooed?" Adventure Island PTR

Holy mutha futcha, my 100th was also Rage.
Congrats Conor and a great read as always Jordan.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Great report! Good to see another member of the 'Rage as a hundredth cred club'. Really need badges or something!