What's new

Mp3/Phone Music On Rides?

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
Just a little thought. How do you feel when people play music on a ride? Does it annoy you or does it make the ride feel more...lively, I guess? And what do you think about wearing headphones on a ride?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I've done headphones on a ride before when I went to a park alone. I'd rather sit there in silence now. Typically the rides are too loud with people screaming or whatever for you to hear anything without killing your ears, so it really is just a waste of battery life.

Doesn't bother me though, unless its over the ear headphones, leave that for when you are at home or traveling, stop trying to make a fashion statement. Makes you look like a douche tbh.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
I've never worn headphones/listened to music on a ride, but it's something I've been tempted to do for a while. It wouldn't surprise me if there are park rules which forbid this, though.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Swear there was a topic on this not that long ago...

Anyway I've never listened to headphones on a ride, the only time I've listened to music on a ride is when it's part of the ride.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I know some parks have created policy not allowing the use of headphones while riding.

Anyways, why would you want to drown out that B&M roar?

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
Didn't we have a topic like this recently? Like something about guys on Fahrenheit? Yeah, we did.

But anyway I wouldn't try it for 2 reasons:

1. If they fly off I may injure someone and get kicked out of the park.

2. Totally ruins the ride experience for other people.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
We're going to BGT this summer and I've been wanting to blast Deadmau5: The Veldt while riding. Wonder if BGT would allow it...

Pierre

Strata Poster
**** hell as if listening to their music out alound on peasant wagon's weren't bad enough, they've moved onto rollercoasters????? FFS.

Lofty

CF Legend
Pierre said:
**** hell as if listening to their music out alound on peasant wagon's weren't bad enough, they've moved onto rollercoasters????? FFS.
I'm with you on this one.

If a coaster was designed with no onboard audio, you should ride it that way.

I know this is probably going to get hate, but its just the way I feel.

BBH

Giga Poster
I'm always up for a little Black Keys, but roller coasters and the Black Keys are beautiful on their own, and when they clash it's just a bunch of dsjfapsiofjapowiegjworingaspoddfjadsfohmygodyou'veknackeredtherideyoulittlebloodycreepasdijofasdipofjsdioj

Luxornv

Mega Poster
I don't typically listen to music while riding, and the thought never really popped into my head to do so. It's cool on rides that were designed with it, like Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, but I don't think it's necessary for a good ride. I also typically listen to music only when I'm bored, and I'm not bored when riding coasters.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Doesn't even make sense.

The only time I listen to music on rides is when it is part of the experience (HRRR, X2). Just a quick did you know (i'm sure you do), did you know that X2 has an outlet that you could plug your iPOD into?