What's new

Movie Park Germany | Movie Park Studio Tour | Intamin Multi Dimension Coaster | 2021

bratcurry

Mega Poster
Presumably the digital park maps are downloadable, yes? Can't you just print one off at home? Get some nice thick, shiny paper, laminate it, boom, job done.
Don't ask me, I'm just an old guy, but I thought that's how you crazy kids did things these days? 🤔

They only have this wacky low-res image (from 2019) on their side which doesn't feature any ride markers (only if actived in the sidebar menu, but then they cover up like half of the plan): :(
mpg_map2019.jpg

source

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I see why people are suggesting parks charging for park maps, but I've always hated the idea. I guess that's more because they're free basically everywhere, but I remember when I visited Bobbejaanland and was shocked to find they were charging TWO EUROS for a map. Was a big ooft moment.
(Not as bad as Thorpe in 2007 when they tried charging 50p for a map and then at the end of the day had loads of "recycle your park map here" bins around the dome and turnstiles though I guess...)

I guess if it was common practice for the majority of parks to charge for a map I wouldn't be as against it, but for now, still not a fan.

I think the one thing I'd like to see though if parks (in general, not just Movie Park) stop printing physical maps is to have a couple of large park maps around the park still. Giving you a 'you are here' and a general overview of the park. I've nothing against using park apps and maps therein, but sometimes it's just easier to see a map in person and get a better gauge of where you are (something which I find more difficult to do on a phone screen)

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I said this about Van Helsing when it was being built and I am glad I was proven wrong upong riding it and realising there was so much more to it than just the track. I think this is the case again, because so far the ride looks dull and uninteresting. Sure, coaster in a box with track switches, yay?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I said this about Van Helsing when it was being built and I am glad I was proven wrong upong riding it and realising there was so much more to it than just the track. I think this is the case again, because so far the ride looks dull and uninteresting. Sure, coaster in a box with track switches, yay?
What are you doing critiquing the coaster when we're here to talk about park maps?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
I see why people are suggesting parks charging for park maps, but I've always hated the idea. I guess that's more because they're free basically everywhere, but I remember when I visited Bobbejaanland and was shocked to find they were charging TWO EUROS for a map. Was a big ooft moment.
(Not as bad as Thorpe in 2007 when they tried charging 50p for a map and then at the end of the day had loads of "recycle your park map here" bins around the dome and turnstiles though I guess...)

I guess if it was common practice for the majority of parks to charge for a map I wouldn't be as against it, but for now, still not a fan.

I think the one thing I'd like to see though if parks (in general, not just Movie Park) stop printing physical maps is to have a couple of large park maps around the park still. Giving you a 'you are here' and a general overview of the park. I've nothing against using park apps and maps therein, but sometimes it's just easier to see a map in person and get a better gauge of where you are (something which I find more difficult to do on a phone screen)

I think they'd have to make them more like 'souvenir guides' were back in the day with a pull out map, so its more in-line with a Merch Item than just charging for something that was once free. a step up in quality, and i'd be for that more inclined to want to buy one.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
From the get go, I've always seen this very much as a "dark ride with coaster elements", rather than a "coaster with dark ride elements". I think the park have been very careful with their marketing to try and convey this too tbf. Hopefully that's what people go in expecting, because I do fear that if people go in expecting Van Helsing with a family theme they'll be disappointed.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
I'm really looking forward to this. Having ridden the old studio tour back in 2007 this looks to be a great spiritual successor (with the coaster cars actually inspired by the original trams). A nice twist on the idea. Should suit the park really well.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I'm really looking forward to this. Having ridden the old studio tour back in 2007 this looks to be a great spiritual successor (with the coaster cars actually inspired by the original trams). A nice twist on the idea. Should suit the park really well.

I didn't realise they had a studio tour (really must look into the history of this park more!) but the scenes remind me of the old Gremlins ride they used to have! Great to see them paying homage to their roots.

Nussimo

Roller Poster
I really like how the theming looks in the first picture. But i cant see how it would look good next to the purple mountain and in the nick section of the park. Still very pleased how it ended up.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Although Movie Park officially opened for the season yesterday, the coaster is apparently set to make its debut near the end of the month.
Die neue Achterbahn „Movie Park Studio Tour“ wird zum Saisonstart noch nicht geöffnet sein. „Im Moment sind unsere Set-Designer noch dabei, der Attraktion den letzten Schliff zu verleihen, aber voraussichtlich schon Ende Juni wird unser neues Set für Besuchertouren freigegeben“, erklärt der Movie Park Germany.
Translation (courtesy Google Translate);
The new roller coaster “Movie Park Studio Tour” will not be open at the start of the season. "At the moment, our set designers are still putting the finishing touches to the attraction, but our new set is expected to be released for visitor tours by the end of June," explains Movie Park Germany.

Source; https://www.parkerlebnis.de/movie-park-germany-saisonstart-2021-corona-regeln_121458.html

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The scorched hole in the studio which the coaster exits for the final outdoor stretch has been testing a smoke effect too. Seems like you burst out in an explosion.

Niles

Giga Poster
Testing is underway and spoiler at the bottom 🦧.

Source: https://coasterfriends.de/freizeitparkforum/index.php?threads/2021-neuheit-jubiläumsattraktion-multi-dimension-coaster-intamin-movie-park.16668/page-38#post-1227114

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

1623313956213.png
1623314449901.png

Last edited: