What's new

Movie Park Germany | Movie Park Studio Tour | Intamin Multi Dimension Coaster | 2021

Niles

Giga Poster
The trains have arrived, I wanna take a peek.
Photo by MP Studios Update on March 02, 2021. May be an image of outdoors and text that says 'movie.park.studios.update'.

Photo by MP Studios Update on March 02, 2021. May be an image of outdoors and text that says 'movie.park.studios.update'.

Photo by MP Studios Update on March 02, 2021. May be an image of text that says 'NTAMIN T AMIN IN movie.park.studios.update'.

Photo by MP Studios Update on March 02, 2021. May be an image of text.

Photo by MP Studios Update on March 02, 2021.

Photo by MP Studios Update on March 02, 2021. May be an image of ‎outdoors and ‎text that says '‎جم movie.park.studios.update‎'‎‎.

Ethan

Strata Poster
They look as if they might be similar trains to that weird spinning coaster they just built in France, but with an extra row?

bratcurry

Mega Poster
A new insta post confirmed a switch track:
image_542559.jpg

The light bleeding in from the right side pretty much confirms its position, so this is probably what the layout will look like:
image_542545.png
source: miki (Coasterfriends.de)

There's also some news worth noting dropped in the last IMAscore podcast:
- new Original Movie Park character to cater to kids
- the ride's supposed to strengthen the Movie Park brand
- ride time will be ~2 minutes
- actors known for their roles in German soap opera Unter Uns & crime series Tatort will star in the pre show
- Old footage of the Park's construction found in the archive will also be shown
- some scene will feature two vault doors
- The team which builds the scenery & theming has already been involved in projects at Universal Studios & Disney World
- The onboard sound perfectly matches each scene/theming
- opening is scheduled for the end of May / beginning of June, provided the government allows it.

Matt N

CF Legend
I hope other theme parks won't follow suit because I collect park maps. :(
I do too; I actually have a surprisingly extensive collection, so that would be a slight personal downside to park maps going virtual from my perspective.

I guess it makes sense from a financial and environmental standpoint, though, and also from a COVID standpoint; I definitely want the parks to be able to be sustainable long-term!

There is just something about a paper map that I love, though...

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
I do too; I actually have a surprisingly extensive collection, so that would be a slight personal downside to park maps going virtual from my perspective.

I guess it makes sense from a financial and environmental standpoint, though, and also from a COVID standpoint; I definitely want the parks to be able to be sustainable long-term!

There is just something about a paper map that I love, though...

Same! Only solution which I'd be happy with is sell them! make them good quality and artful and i'd happily spend 5 euro on one etc. or return to souvenir booklets etc.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Parks make me laugh when they're like 'it's for the environment!' Let's be real, it's because you will save hundreds of thousands of Euros a year in printing costs. That's the truth of the matter.

I am for this to be honest, it's a digital world now so makes complete sense. I would say they could potentially do a much shorter run but charge a Euro or two for the goons among us who love to collect the physical thing though.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
Parks make me laugh when they're like 'it's for the environment!' Let's be real, it's because you will save hundreds of thousands of Euros a year in printing costs. That's the truth of the matter.

It always works like this though, the only way to achieve true environmental sustainability is to give it a piggyback ride on economic incentives, because frankly, businesses and countries alike couldn't give a rat's ass about what's the "morally right thing to do".

Not to get too political here, but to give you two sides of the same coin: China is propelling electric cars because it wants to become the leader of that technology and partake in an enormously growing market, the positive effect that has on carbon emissions is basically an afterthought. On the other hand, California has a law that allows residents to initiate a review of nearby construction projects in terms of environmental concerns. This law is used to halt and delay just about any construction project for any reason and has never helped anyone in doing construction actually more ecofriendly.

So as easy as it is to hate on Parques Reunidos for this clear and obvious cost-cutting measure, as long as environmental concerns are given a piggyback ride, who cares?

nadroJ

CF Legend
It always works like this though, the only way to achieve true environmental sustainability is to give it a piggyback ride on economic incentives, because frankly, businesses and countries alike couldn't give a rat's ass about what's the "morally right thing to do".

Not to get too political here, but to give you two sides of the same coin: China is propelling electric cars because it wants to become the leader of that technology and partake in an enormously growing market, the positive effect that has on carbon emissions is basically an afterthought. On the other hand, California has a law that allows residents to initiate a review of nearby construction projects in terms of environmental concerns. This law is used to halt and delay just about any construction project for any reason and has never helped anyone in doing construction actually more ecofriendly.

So as easy as it is to hate on Parques Reunidos for this clear and obvious cost-cutting measure, as long as environmental concerns are given a piggyback ride, who cares?

I think you've misunderstood what I'm getting at. Of course it's great to be eco-friendly and is the right thing to do, but I hate the way parks dress it up like 'oh we're doing it because we care about the environment!' when the truth is the real incentive behind the change is the cost saving. Of course I understand WHY they have to dress it up this way, because they can't very well come out and say they're doing it to save money and it makes sense from a CSR message perspective to focus on the ecofriendly benefits of such a change, it would be silly not to ride that wave.

And I'm not hating on Parques Reunidos, I think that's a bit of a jump (especially as Movie Park Germany is one of my favourite parks in Europe), I'm merely pointing out some shenanigans at play. 'Twas merely an observation and a smirking eyeroll as opposed to some kind of targeted hate towards the park.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
I think you've misunderstood what I'm getting at. Of course it's great to be eco-friendly and is the right thing to do, but I hate the way parks dress it up like 'oh we're doing it because we care about the environment!' when the truth is the real incentive behind the change is the cost saving. Of course I understand WHY they have to dress it up this way, because they can't very well come out and say they're doing it to save money and it makes sense from a CSR message perspective to focus on the ecofriendly benefits of such a change, it would be silly not to ride that wave.

And I'm not hating on Parques Reunidos, I think that's a bit of a jump (especially as Movie Park Germany is one of my favourite parks in Europe), I'm merely pointing out some shenanigans at play. 'Twas merely an observation and a smirking eyeroll as opposed to some kind of targeted hate towards the park.

Oh I think I understood perfectly what you're getting at, I was going to post about this regardless and saw your post at the last minute and quoted it, so sorry if it came across as a critique or something :)

Considering how I love collecting park maps, and that they never seem to last very long and start to lose color immediately at every bend, maybe this gives parks an incentive to sell higher quality park maps as merchandise.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Considering how I love collecting park maps, and that they never seem to last very long and start to lose color immediately at every bend, maybe this gives parks an incentive to sell higher quality park maps as merchandise.
I definitely think they should do this, almost like posters or something? I guess it just comes down to weighing up the time/cost of continuing to edit the design for print year after year vs. the potential revenue to be generated.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Presumably the digital park maps are downloadable, yes? Can't you just print one off at home? Get some nice thick, shiny paper, laminate it, boom, job done.
Don't ask me, I'm just an old guy, but I thought that's how you crazy kids did things these days? 🤔