What's new

Movie Park Germany | Movie Park Studio Tour | Intamin Multi Dimension Coaster | 2021

JuliOverbank

Roller Poster
I think they will use steel frames as supports as I don't see any footers inside. It's just plane concrete, like Van Helsing. Has Intamin done that before?

JuliOverbank

Roller Poster
I'm sure they could still install footers though
It doesn't look like they are doing that. I also doubt if you could stick a footer to a plain concrete floor, does not sound very strong to me.

Anyway, nice that there's track on site, hopefully it goes vertical soon

JoshC.

Strata Poster
New details about the ride's story: https://www.movieparkgermany.de/presse/willkommen-in-den-movie-park-studios

Basically it's a tour of a film studios, which will feature "12 scenes", with Easter eggs to old attractions as well. Some highlights from the link:

Elements of old attractions, such as those from the former “Gremlins Invasion” ride, the “Cop Car Chase” roller coaster and the Movie Magic Studios will be integrated into the new Studio Tour roller coaster and staged. For the new coaster, the blueprints of the former studios on the Movie Park site, where films have already been shot, and old footage of many park highlights were collected and compiled. However, new Hollywood-related experiences are also created for the whole family. Among other things, new characters, which are created for a wide target audience, will accompany and entertain visitors on their adventure in the Movie Park Studios.
"The most popular attractions are clearly themed rides and family roller coasters without inversions", summarizes Thorsten Backhaus (managing director).

-The park are working with P&P Projects, IMAscore (and IMAmotion) and Leisure Expert Group for the implementation of the ride.
-They've taken inspiration from Hollywood Studios in California
-Work on the station and theming begins in the next few weeks

They're hitting all the right buttons with the build up to this!

Edit: And should probably include some concept art:
mpg-studios-web_1.jpg

(Judging by the press release, I'd assume Movie Park Studios isn't the name of the cred, but rather just the in-story place you visit during the ride)

Last edited:

EDjanaika

Mega Poster
I'm not sure that a large woodie, SLC and an incredibly intimidating, stand-up, floorless, tilting drop tower match the idea of "family".

I'd say the park is pretty well-balanced between family and thrill.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
And a very rough SLC and a rough wooden coaster from what i've heard. I'm visiting the park in 2022 hopefully so i'll be able t give a review for it a year after it opens!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
And a very rough SLC and a rough wooden coaster from what i've heard. I'm visiting the park in 2022 hopefully so i'll be able t give a review for it a year after it opens!

The SLC is rough (like basically all of them lol), but I wouldn't call Bandit rough. It's boring and doesn't do much, but rough? Nah, not really.

I'd agree with Gavin that the park is well-balanced between family and thrill. The addition of a not-horror indoor coaster works really well for them I'd say.

I also missed a mini teaser video they released too: