What's new

Movie Park Germany | Unknown | Intamin Multi Dimension Coaster | 2021

bratcurry

Presumably the digital park maps are downloadable, yes? Can't you just print one off at home? Get some nice thick, shiny paper, laminate it, boom, job done.
Don't ask me, I'm just an old guy, but I thought that's how you crazy kids did things these days? 🤔

They only have this wacky low-res image (from 2019) on their side which doesn't feature any ride markers (only if actived in the sidebar menu, but then they cover up like half of the plan): :(

source

JoshC.

I see why people are suggesting parks charging for park maps, but I've always hated the idea. I guess that's more because they're free basically everywhere, but I remember when I visited Bobbejaanland and was shocked to find they were charging TWO EUROS for a map. Was a big ooft moment.
(Not as bad as Thorpe in 2007 when they tried charging 50p for a map and then at the end of the day had loads of "recycle your park map here" bins around the dome and turnstiles though I guess...)

I guess if it was common practice for the majority of parks to charge for a map I wouldn't be as against it, but for now, still not a fan.

I think the one thing I'd like to see though if parks (in general, not just Movie Park) stop printing physical maps is to have a couple of large park maps around the park still. Giving you a 'you are here' and a general overview of the park. I've nothing against using park apps and maps therein, but sometimes it's just easier to see a map in person and get a better gauge of where you are (something which I find more difficult to do on a phone screen)

oriolat2

I said this about Van Helsing when it was being built and I am glad I was proven wrong upong riding it and realising there was so much more to it than just the track. I think this is the case again, because so far the ride looks dull and uninteresting. Sure, coaster in a box with track switches, yay?

gavin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I said this about Van Helsing when it was being built and I am glad I was proven wrong upong riding it and realising there was so much more to it than just the track. I think this is the case again, because so far the ride looks dull and uninteresting. Sure, coaster in a box with track switches, yay?
What are you doing critiquing the coaster when we're here to talk about park maps?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

I see why people are suggesting parks charging for park maps, but I've always hated the idea. I guess that's more because they're free basically everywhere, but I remember when I visited Bobbejaanland and was shocked to find they were charging TWO EUROS for a map. Was a big ooft moment.
(Not as bad as Thorpe in 2007 when they tried charging 50p for a map and then at the end of the day had loads of "recycle your park map here" bins around the dome and turnstiles though I guess...)

I guess if it was common practice for the majority of parks to charge for a map I wouldn't be as against it, but for now, still not a fan.

I think the one thing I'd like to see though if parks (in general, not just Movie Park) stop printing physical maps is to have a couple of large park maps around the park still. Giving you a 'you are here' and a general overview of the park. I've nothing against using park apps and maps therein, but sometimes it's just easier to see a map in person and get a better gauge of where you are (something which I find more difficult to do on a phone screen)

I think they'd have to make them more like 'souvenir guides' were back in the day with a pull out map, so its more in-line with a Merch Item than just charging for something that was once free. a step up in quality, and i'd be for that more inclined to want to buy one.

JoshC.

From the get go, I've always seen this very much as a "dark ride with coaster elements", rather than a "coaster with dark ride elements". I think the park have been very careful with their marketing to try and convey this too tbf. Hopefully that's what people go in expecting, because I do fear that if people go in expecting Van Helsing with a family theme they'll be disappointed.